Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rockafella

Is Tea Tree Only Good For Blackheads?

Yes, it should be effective as an acne treatment. Here's some studies for you:

A comparative study of tea-tree oil versus benzoyl peroxide in the treatment of acne: http://www.ncbi.nlm..../pubmed/2145499

The efficacy of 5% topical tea tree oil gel in mild to moderate acne vulgaris: a randomized, double-blind placebo-controlled study: http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/17314442

Small studies, unfortunately, but promising nonetheless.

Tea Tree Oil does help with my acne. I do OCM and use a mixture of Olive Oil and Tea Tree Oil. After years of BP, my skin is feeling so much better.

Id stay away from it, tooo greasey and oiley....broke my skin out bad, but thats just my own experience using it.

Oily ? It dries matte lol . And dries you out later on

The bottle only says it helps prevent blackheads, but is it effective for acne in general?

Yeah it works for reducing acne and some say it helps with their redness . Just be careful with it since if you use too much it will start burning

Personally, it actually never really helped me with my blackheads. Only a bit. But I have used it on my acne, and maybe it depends on the brand you get, but I would say it's effective for both acne and blackheads.

Guest pokemonster

helps a bit to reduce acne but shit it does to blackheads, nuthin happens..