Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
KaliKat

Kali Kat Log

After spending countless hours, money, and time trying to battle my break outs I found this site. I decided to give this a try, as I've tried many other products/regimens.

A bit of background on my skin.

It's combination for the most part. Semi Dry on my checks, oily on forehead, Nose and Chin. Its also a bit on the sensitive side. I've tried a multitude of different kits, skin care programs, etcetra. None really seem to work for me. Right now I've been experencing break outs on my chin area. I will refer to this as my problem area. Rest of skin is clear but I oily-ish. My pores are large as well.

I started this last night 9/13/04

I am using Cetaphil Gentle Wash with Wash Cloth

Neutogenia On The Spot 2.5% BP Lotion

Aveda Hydro Lotion ( hoping it'll work with this bc I have a lot of it left 3/4 of a bottle)

Skin Care- Last night I started with the Cetaphil and washed my face. I followed up with an asprin mask to exfoiliate my skin. Left the mask on for 15 minutes, rubbed the dry m,ask powder in and rinsed with tepid water. Waited about 12-15 minutes and put on the BP.

Feelings- My skin felt less oily than normal but also very tight.

9-14-04

Skin Care Reg

washed my face with wash cloth and Cetaphil, patted it dry. Waited 5-7 minutes and put on the BP waited another 5-7 minutes and applied the Aveda Lotion.

Feelings

Skin was tight this morning felt that the blemishes I had on my chin (my main problem area ) where slightly smaller. Noticed a new white head or 2 in problem area as well.

Since it's sugguested to not wear make up while clearing the skin, I'm not wearing make up unless I'm going out for a night on the town, or with my boyfriend.

This is a huge sacrifice for me because I am a HUGE make up junky and love to play with the colors and looks it can create

lunchtime update

my skin feels really tight and itchy. Has anyone else had this? Is there a reason that my skin feels itchy ? I'm trying really hard not to touch my face but it's frustrating, bc it feels dry, tight and itchy.

Evening

the itching became slightly worse. I used less BP tonight.

Cleansed wiht Cetaphil

Aspirin Mask mixed with Cetaphil

On the Spot

I did use a few Oil Absorbing sheets today. Overally it was ok

9/15/04

ohmy.gif this itchy feeling is AWFUL. I feel like I'm rubbing my face off. It's almost impossible to not scratch ti!! Ugh

Regimen

cleanse with Cetaphil left on a little bit longer than normal (hoping it'll help with itching)

On the Spot 2.5% all over

Cetaphil Lotion applied last.

No make up again which if anything is cutting down my AM routine time

Mid Day

At 11 am I' completely saturated a C&C Oil Blotting Paper. Not happy about the level of shine going on here. =(

Mid Day 2

still saturating the C&C Blotting Paper. It's horrible, and now I've started with the dry peeling too. The peeling seems to be in the "problem area too" My skin doesn't feel nice at all unsure.gif i'm so upset. i don't know what to think about this regimen now. I'm so bummed.

Evening

Cetaphil Wash

Aspirin Cetaphil Mask

2.5 BP

Lite Lotion

Overall itchy and peeling now, not sure how i feel about this. overall feeling disenchanted

I GOT MY 1ST COMPLIMENT ON MY SKIN!!!!

A good friend I've known for years, came over tonight and couldn't get over how even my skin was. She said it looked great. And that the blemishes that I still have aren't active (they don't have white heads) they're fading fast.

If this keeps up I'll totally be sticking with this.

Any sugguestions would be lovely at this point.

It's only been 3 days I've been on this so I can't really see any results yet. Though it does seem that some of the break outs in my problem area are going down. We shall see.

If anyone has more feed back or info they can give me it's be very much appricated

9-16-04

Regimen

Cetaphil Cleanser applied with Wash Cloth

OTS 2.5 BP% Neutrogena

Cetaphil Gentle Moistureizer

mid day

lots of blotting

PM

Cetaphil Wash

Asprin Mask

2.5 BP treatment

Clinique DDM Lotion (my reg lotion was packed)

Since I moisturized last night my skin isn't too dry/tight. It also appears to be clearing up. No new break outs since I've started. And I have one red spot that is healing.

Still dealing with the oilys but the C&C Oil Blotters help.

Very excited about the compliment I got on my skin tone last night. I'm not really dealing with any redness. I know it's still early so we'll have to see how it goes. Trying hard not to get prematurely excited.

The true test will be today and tomorrow.

Today because my boyfriend comes home from his business trip so we'll see if he notices anything

Tomorrow I'm going to see my sister, and anyone with silblings knows that they can be you're best and worst critic.

9/17/04

AM

Cetapphil Applied with Wash Cloth

OTS 2.5 BP

Cetaphil Lotion

Looks good. 1 active pimple and thats it!

been using the C&C Oil Blotters to help with the greaseys and it seems to be helping. Hopefully my skin will keep clearing up

weekend slighly interupted the regimen schedule, due to the fact that my area was hit by hurricane ivan

boyfriend noted that my skin did look a lot better, plus i'm happy with the way things are shaping up.

added a sunscreen to the regimen.

am-

cetaphil cleanser with wash cloth

OTS Neutorgena 2.5 BP treatment

C&C Morning Glow SPF 15 Moisturizer

pm

cetaphil cleanser w/ wash cloth

aspirin mask

2.5 OTS treatment

cetaphil lotion

seems to be working... thanks dan

9-21-2004

Havne't been as steady writing down all my days. The Hurricane over the weekend def. played a role in that.

My skin is looking clearer and better. I'm happy with it for the most part. Many of the blemishes are drying, healing and there really are no new ones.

Took a few days off my aspirin mask in an attempt to heal a dry patch on the left side of my chin.

AM

Cetaphil Cleanser w/ wash cloth

Neutrogena OTS 2.5 Bp

C&C Morning Glow SPF 15

mid day

only using 2-3 oil blotters now

PM

cetaphil applied w wash cloth

Neutrogena OTS 2.5 BP treatmetn

Cetaphil Lotion on dry area, aveda on rest of face

did start wearing make up but mainly cleancer and a light dusting of powders with some blush