Notifications
Clear all

Any Bodybuilders On Here?

MemberMember
(@4321)

Posted : 12/21/2011 10:37 pm

What do you eat? I am trying to gain weight/muscle mass but all of the posts I am reading are telling me to stop eating everything. Fruits and vegetable don't put on pounds. I am currently eating a lot of oatmeal, eggs, Chicken breasts ( hormone & steroid free), Pea or Hemp protein shakes with Almond milk, and fruits and vegetables. Any foods, reciepes, or links to posts would be great.

Thanks in Advance.

MemberMember
(@chestercool)

Posted : 12/21/2011 11:11 pm

healthy carbs and fats, such as sweet potatoes, avocados and nuts, try eating brown rice if your skin doesnt have any problem with it

MemberMember
(@4321)

Posted : 12/22/2011 12:15 am

Thanks i will try all of this. Are canned sweet potatoes ok?

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 12/22/2011 1:03 am

The only way your going to add weight is to match or go above your weight in protein intake each day. If your 150lbs you need to be taking in that much in Protein each day. Good move switching to the Almond Milk I like the vanilla. I think as long as you balance a good healthy diet each day you can drink the protein shakes but also try and consume your protein intake by natural foods like farm raised chicken.

MemberMember
(@vcsteve)

Posted : 12/22/2011 2:14 am

Yes sir, carbs: currently potatos(sweet/baked/mashed), white/brown rice, oatmeal, bagels, bananas, pasta are doing trick for me. make sure most of your meals are from food sources not just shakes. protein from: steak, chicken, tilapia, salmon, tuna, cod, turkey

MemberMember
(@4321)

Posted : 12/22/2011 2:24 am

Thanks guys. Yea i actually really like the Almond Milk. Chocolate almond milk W/ ice, banana, and Hemp protein is really good. Wouldnt white rice, bagels, and pasta be considered bad carbs? Thanks

MemberMember
(@cocnutcaramel)

Posted : 12/22/2011 8:44 am

Grass fed, organic beef seems to be a popular treat amongst omivorous acne-dieters around here. Have read a couple of posts on bone broths and something called the GAPS diet, which seems to be very high in protein and fairly low-carb (no grains etc.)

MemberMember
(@chestercool)

Posted : 12/22/2011 10:20 am

Thanks guys. Yea i actually really like the Almond Milk. Chocolate almond milk W/ ice, banana, and Hemp protein is really good. Wouldnt white rice, bagels, and pasta be considered bad carbs? Thanks

white rice, bagels, white pasta, bread, are refined carbs, so yep, they are considered bad carbs

MemberMember
(@dejaclairevoyant)

Posted : 12/22/2011 11:54 am

Stay away from any grains. Or things that come from a can. Other than that your diet sounds pretty good.

MemberMember
(@loochi)

Posted : 12/22/2011 11:59 pm

Be in a caloric surplus.

MemberMember
(@abduliii)

Posted : 12/23/2011 5:52 pm

The only way your going to add weight is to match or go above your weight in protein intake each day. If your 150lbs you need to be taking in that much in Protein each day. Good move switching to the Almond Milk I like the vanilla. I think as long as you balance a good healthy diet each day you can drink the protein shakes but also try and consume your protein intake by natural foods like farm raised chicken.

i dont agree that your intake of protein has to be the same as your bodyweight i weight 180 lbs and i know for a fact that my intake is below that probably like 100-125 GRAMS each day.. and my body mass is still increasing

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 12/23/2011 6:02 pm

i dont agree that your intake of protein has to be the same as your bodyweight i weight 180 lbs and i know for a fact that my intake is below that probably like 100-125 GRAMS each day.. and my body mass is still increasing

Everyone's body is different it's just a good rule of thumb to follow for those who are really wanting to gain weight it is a proven method that works for most unless your really consuming more protein then you think I know I was at first until I started keeping track of everything each day I shoved into my mouth.

MemberMember
(@c0bra)

Posted : 12/24/2011 12:39 pm

chicken breast, oatmeal and almonds.

and don't forget your multi.

MemberMember
(@dejaclairevoyant)

Posted : 12/24/2011 1:22 pm

Be careful with oatmeal. It has gluten.

MemberMember
(@safinator)

Posted : 12/24/2011 3:32 pm

Went from 105 pds (yes) to 170 in 4 years bodybuilding

What I eat for mass gaining :

- brown rice / pasta for carbs, in small portions

- vegetables, fruits (raw fruits)

- nuts

- brown bread, in sandwiches

- proteins : salmon, trout, tuna, red beans, lentils, beef, raw beef, pork, ham, poultry (tons), eggs (a fucking ton of white eggs), cottage cheese

- morning : oatmeal + a fruit + some milk (just a little) + 3 or 4 egg whites

Watch for Eric Cressey & John Berardi advices on bodybuilding eat

What makes me breakout WITHOUT skin routine :

- any protein shake

- alcohol

- creatine

- mass gainers

What makes me breakout with skin routine :

- casein protein (instant killer, I get instantly spots, like 2 hours after during digestion, those things suck)

- mass gainers

So I take whey and sometimes creatine

I think creatine sucks because when you stop it you lose the water mass and I don't feel any strength increase.

Most of my gains were done when I did not take shakes, but more food.

I try to eat simple meals. They are not the most tasty but they are good and fill me. However in order to take mass I have to run high on fats because I was a skinny dude and I cannot eat like 500 g meat every day...

MemberMember
(@hutchdan)

Posted : 03/02/2013 12:05 pm

I've tried whey protein before, it was even unflavoured and organic and i broke out within 2 hours. It's because its got such a massive insulin response. So i looked around and i found that they sell egg white protein... anyone tried this? I dont wanna waste my money again...

MemberMember
(@thehoper)

Posted : 03/02/2013 2:36 pm

Gaining weight on an acne diet is so hard.. lol, Ive been tryin to find the perfect diet for years now for that. Women have it easy to us men, they can eat 2k calories a day and be just fine n healthy, seems to me the more calories equals more acne. If I dont eat 3k calories a day I lose weight. But through it all I have found for me..

1000 calories in grass fed beef/liver/chicken/eggs/seafood, 1000 calories in lentils/sweet potatoes, 1000 calories in oil fats, EVOO/Coconut/Hemp, 300 cal in 3 bananas right after workout, and then about 400 cal in sunflower/pumpkin/chia seeds.

Which brings me to 3700 calories, I also have a greens juice in the morning and eat veggies but I dont even count those as they are so low calories. Im a hardgainer and need to eat around 4k calories to gain weight, and so far this is doing me the trick.

MemberMember
(@real-acnekiller)

Posted : 03/04/2013 2:53 am

Hey I like 100 per. Wheat pasta and get frozen chicken tenderloins in bulk under3 bucks a pound and can order lean organic buffalo from blackwing meats all great for weightlifting. And stay away from tetracycline and macrolide antibiotics they all immediately mess with your muscle strength big time.if u have to use antibiotics use duricef spdctraCef not as dramatic for causing muscle strength loss espec. The pushing exercises

MemberMember
(@username22)

Posted : 03/05/2013 10:53 pm

Gaining weight on an acne diet is so hard.. lol, Ive been tryin to find the perfect diet for years now for that. Women have it easy to us men, they can eat 2k calories a day and be just fine n healthy, seems to me the more calories equals more acne. If I dont eat 3k calories a day I lose weight. But through it all I have found for me..

1000 calories in grass fed beef/liver/chicken/eggs/seafood, 1000 calories in lentils/sweet potatoes, 1000 calories in oil fats, EVOO/Coconut/Hemp, 300 cal in 3 bananas right after workout, and then about 400 cal in sunflower/pumpkin/chia seeds.

Which brings me to 3700 calories, I also have a greens juice in the morning and eat veggies but I dont even count those as they are so low calories. Im a hardgainer and need to eat around 4k calories to gain weight, and so far this is doing me the trick.

haha damn... how are you getting 1kcals from oil? taking shots? and how many sweet potatoes do you eat?? I'm seeing that 1 medium is about 100 cals, you eating 10 a day? are you clear on this diet?

MemberMember
(@thehoper)

Posted : 03/06/2013 3:45 pm

Not hard to get 1k calories from oils, every TBL has 120 cal. About 3 TBl coconut oil with the seed mix I eat, 2 TBL of olive oil for each meal so thats 4tbl, then 2 tbl at night of hemp oil for the cal and GLA omegas. Thats over 1000 calories right there.

And I dont eat that many sweet potatoes, I said 1k between lentils/sweet potatoes, but I eat different kind of beans not just lentils but I eat quite a bit. One cup of dried lentils is 600 calories, I usually eat 2 cups a day which is 1200 calories.

And yeah my skins been good for a while but also because Ive been healthy for a while.. took literally a year before hormones and everything really balanced out, I only get a handful of spots a year now.