Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LforLove

My Pores Are Getting Huge!

So I never really seen my pores as being an issue before I started the regimen which was like 4 months ago. But now they're getting pretty big and put of nowhere too! Idk if it's the BP or what. I also haven't been exfoliating since august so I'm wondering if maybe that'll help. Does anyone know if AHA will help with my problem?? I'm freaking out! Oh and it's only happening on my cheeks which are my problem areas and where I put the most BP on..

Yess! AHA will help, I just did a Glycolic Acid peel (Hydroxy Acid), and boy do I see improvement!! I can't wait to do more for accumulative improvement! BTW, yeah, BP is basically cancer fertilizer that irritates the skin, makes it heal slower, yet somehow is touted to help with acne. Which in a way it does, but it doesn't in that sense. :(

Yess! AHA will help, I just did a Glycolic Acid peel (Hydroxy Acid), and boy do I see improvement!! I can't wait to do more for accumulative improvement! BTW, yeah, BP is basically cancer fertilizer that irritates the skin, makes it heal slower, yet somehow is touted to help with acne. Which in a way it does, but it doesn't in that sense. sad.png

BP doesn't cause cancer. You can't just make unfounded statements like that

FDA registry 2010

"After reviewing the data, we now conclude that benzoyl peroxide can be adequately labeled to minimize the risks associated with benzoyl peroxide while delivering effective acne treatment...We, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), are issuing this final rule to include benzoyl peroxide as a generally recognized as safe and effective (GRASE) active ingredient in over-the-counter (OTC) topical acne drug products."

I'm sorry but anything that can bleach your clothes can not be a good substance to have on your face 24/7. It's common sense.

I agree! I much prefer my cancer-Inhibiting chemotherapy drug, Accutane. grinwink.gif

Yer I have been using BP for about 4 months and now I have small pores all over my forehead and cheeks. I never had these before I started using the shitty product.

It does keep my zits at bay but is it worth all the pores....no!

Pores are normal part of the skin. Means your skin breathe. Without pores, no clogged pore and no acne.

You cannot shrink them or whatever. Just keep them clear it s okay.

Sorry I forgot to give a source :/ http://www.highonhea...reat-your-acne/

Yeah tho, they produce a lot of free radicals (just as bad as the sun)

Your source provided no sources though. The one source it did provide about the FDA just recently changed, because the FDA put it back in the safe category this past year or two. I have been using BP on and off for years, and my skin looks better than ever. Dan has been using it for ever, his face looks great. Its a drug that has been around since the early 1900s, which is MUCH older and more time tested than most of the so called "natural" products people are using in place of it. All i'm saying is there is no empirical evidence that BP is bad, and in fact there is much evidence showing that it is not bad. Everyone who says that it makes their pores bad, Ill bet 10000 dollars they would say the exact same thing with other products too! People love shitting on BP, but they forget that it is very difficult to tell whether or not it really is the BP hurting their skin, especially when people make ambiguous claims like "their pores are larger". Now, if people are allergic to BP that is a different story, but that's the exception, not the rule. If you use it correctly (making sure the other ingredients are good), and keep your skin hydrated, benzoyl peroxide is an excellent way to keep your skin clear

hahaa, that women that writes those articles is a nut. no facts provided, strictly opinions. her info is dated too.

also, the sun isn't bad for the skin. it's beneficial, unless abused.

If BP is "enlarging your pores" then simply stop using it. common sense. don't make people scared of using a product that will most likely clear up their skin issues.

I've been using BP for over a year and I couldn't be happier with it.

Your source provided no sources though. The one source it did provide about the FDA just recently changed, because the FDA put it back in the safe category this past year or two. I have been using BP on and off for years, and my skin looks better than ever. Dan has been using it for ever, his face looks great. Its a drug that has been around since the early 1900s, which is MUCH older and more time tested than most of the so called "natural" products people are using in place of it. All i'm saying is there is no empirical evidence that BP is bad, and in fact there is much evidence showing that it is not bad. Everyone who says that it makes their pores bad, Ill bet 10000 dollars they would say the exact same thing with other products too! People love shitting on BP, but they forget that it is very difficult to tell whether or not it really is the BP hurting their skin, especially when people make ambiguous claims like "their pores are larger". Now, if people are allergic to BP that is a different story, but that's the exception, not the rule. If you use it correctly (making sure the other ingredients are good), and keep your skin hydrated, benzoyl peroxide is an excellent way to keep your skin clear

I actually didnt have the pores I now have becuase of the bp....I havent used face wash or anything, and the same moisturiser for years, so for me personally, I know Bp made my pores bigger.

hahaa, that women that writes those articles is a nut. no facts provided, strictly opinions. her info is dated too.

If BP is "enlarging your pores" then simply stop using it. common sense. don't make people scared of using a product that will most likely clear up their skin issues.

Everyone has different results, some good some bad.

I'm assuming you're talking to me about scaring people? First off, hi :) I'm not trying to scare anyone off BP! By all means anyone should go ahead and try it! Works great for clearing up my acne. It's the best thing I've used so far it and I don't really plan to come off since my skin looks better than with all the bumps.

Second, I really just wanted to know if AHA would work to get my face to actually look healthy and have that "glow" people rave about.

And lastly, I don't believe in that BP and cancer bull, damnit! >.< But thanks anyways guys.

^ Thank you and Maximus, that was a ridiculous claim. Also, isn't it funny to see how all these so-called natural websites posted this very soon after it was published, but it's still there a year and a half after the FDA changed the safety classification to Category I (safe and effective)? Talk about deception...

I also haven't been exfoliating since august...

Fellas...

There is no such thing as "enlarging" or "shrinking" pores. The pores that you can see past BP are probably pores that were destroyed by acne, or by picking. So their shape changed, this is what is commonly called a scar.

The only thing that can dilate your pores is heat, but they will take back their normal size after a while. If you lose skin elasticity, then your pores may take more time to retract but they are no way "larger".

The only key is to keep moisturizing.

BP cannot "enlarge" pores. It s a nonsense.

Since it's on your cheeks that you feel the pores are enlarged... it could just be that they're all clogged and are blackheads. It's difficult to remove blackheads from cheeks.