Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Every other day or so during the day, I'll press my face into my sleeve lightly if i ave an itch or soemthing instead of using my hands, and a bunch of skin flakes would be on my shirt. It's like i have dandruff of the face. But this only occurs once in awhile. RIght now I've been on the Botchla's regimen for about 1.5 months and i use tea tree oil to spot treat. Is it good that im shedding all this skin?

ye i've got this same problem too and i do get quite flakey, im moisturising in the morning and my skin doesn't feel too dry. What is the cause of this? but ye i've noticed my red marks disappearing..slowly dry.gif

yeah i moisturize every night using Cetaphil. But I dunno what the problem is, it doesnt happen everyday, but once in awhile ill just put my shirt to my face and see a mess of skin flakes. I guess thats good though im exfoliating but is it normal?

Same thing happens to me, and sometimes it's so bad that you can see huge noticeable flakes on my face. It's dry skin, not normal exfoliation. I guess our skin just isn't tough enough for the abuse we put it through. My advice is, try to back off botchla's a bit until your skin is rehydrated and then you can resume. Try using the SA only the morning, and then both SA and BP at night. Listen to your skin and adjust your regimen accordingly; watch for signs of tightness before the flakiness starts. You should also be sure to moisturize every morning.

You definitely need to use more moisturizer. Your skin is getting too dry and you will probably develop a bad irritation and break out as a result. A good moisturizer is rarely a bad thing. I moisturize at night with Aloe Vera and Cetaphil. I moisturize with Aloe Vera and Oil of Olay in the morning. The Aloe will help heal/prepare the skin underneath your pealing skin. The Cetaphil and Oil of Olay will help keep your current flakey skin comfortable during the day so you arent itching and touching it constantly. Flakey skin is dead...you cant revive it. You need to keep your next layer in good shape.

Dont underestimate the power of Aloe smile.gif I use "Fruit of the Earth".

try using apple cidar vinegar as an exfoliater and cut back on the SA....I use half water, half APV and apple it at night and its GREAT! It fades marks and also leaves ur skin super soft!

hey jade, when u use the apple cider vinegar, is it after u moisturize? and do u just splash it on or actually dip a finger/cottonball and rub it on like astrigent? if it's not a pain, could u post ur routine with the apv?

thx