Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
safe

Hydroquinone for asians

Im an asian (parents origianally from india). I have quite light skin for an asian. But ive heard that hydroquinone is not a good product to use to minimise red marks, for asians. To what extent is this statement true?

I know of at least one person on this board who has an Asian background who used Hydroquinone. You could try doing a board search on "Asian Hydroquinone" and see what displays. smile.gif

Guest ObiWontonKenoli

I've smeared lots of it on my face. 4% and I'm still alive and kicking until this day laugh.gif

I think it's safe.

Its just that ive heard that it can bleach your skin aswell as the red marks if your an asian...

Guest ObiWontonKenoli

Try it on a couple spots...unless you're experimenting with something dangerous like 50% TCA peel, I'm suggesting you gamble a bit and see.

Tamara: biggrin.gif

If hydroquinone doesn't work, I suggest you give kojic acid a try. I purchased a kojic acid skin lightening cream and it actually did work on some spots on my face, although you have to be patient and stick with it.

Hi, I'm 33 and Asian. I have been using Obagi (with hydroquinone) and it has done wonders for my skin! I love how it got rid of most of my blemishes (acne scars, freckles). I use it all over my face and neck and my skin tone improved 200%.