Notifications
Clear all

Log: Help Me Clear My Face ! Pics

MemberMember
(@clearface1234)

Posted : 12/20/2011 6:25 pm

Hi all, just wondering what all steps i should be doing to clear up my face entirely. i know it's not horrible , but everyone here would like the perfect glowing skin complexion. and that's also what i would like. I definitely want these pores to be less noticeable !! and my cheek pores are usually redish pink tint as u can see that i want balanced with my skin ! i hate having them stick out. and both cheeks have red marks from past acne that needs to go ! here's some pics and also my nose is full of blackheads :/ here's what ive been doing daily

morning: wash with water, then olay sensitive foaming skin cleanser. pat dry - moisturize with aloe vera or garnier oil free moisture

midday: clean off with lukewarm water. pat dry

night: wash with water then olay sensitive foaming cleanser. followed by moisturize with aloe vera or garnier oil free moisture. i just bought BHA 2% lotion, used it as directed all over face. tonight will be the 2nd time. and also about every 4-5 days i use indian healing clay mask.i take 8g fishoil too, and my diet is clean. sometimes i drink 1-2 tbs ACV

i would love to hear Every One's opinions. help me feel completely confident as i strive for perfect skin ! i need all the help i can get,

MemberMember
(@chestercool)

Posted : 12/20/2011 10:31 pm

I wonder why are your cheeks pinkish...it might be irritation, visit a dermatologist, i dont really see acne there, just some red marks and a zit. 8 gr of fish oil daily is waaaay too much, just take 3 capsules of it, or switch to cod liver oil. have you given up with dairy? that might help, when did you start getting those "open" pores?

MemberMember
(@clearface1234)

Posted : 12/20/2011 10:55 pm

I wonder why are your cheeks pinkish...it might be irritation, visit a dermatologist, i dont really see acne there, just some red marks and a zit. 8 gr of fish oil daily is waaaay too much, just take 3 capsules of it, or switch to cod liver oil. have you given up with dairy? that might help, when did you start getting those "open" pores?

you think so ? i was doing 4g for months. 8g is beneficial for me, im into bodybuilding. ya bro no dairy, my diet is strict. it's all clean. any suggestions to make those pores go away? i know you can't really shrink them but i know it could look much better than that. and those pores have been there for awhile, it could be from tanning, but ive been tanning for years now so idk. and do you think i should look into those face peels? i want no previous marks left behind

MemberMember
(@clearface1234)

Posted : 12/21/2011 7:54 pm

bump

MemberMember
(@vivienne-guernsey)

Posted : 12/22/2011 1:20 pm

What I really like for enlarged pores is the Biore pore strips, which are like little strips that you apply, let dry, then peel off from your face. They literally unplug whatever is in your pores, especially the blackheads. You can find them at virtually any drugstore, dollar store, or you can even make them at home with gelatin and warm milk.

I'm a little skeptical of the aloe vera, it personally makes me break out. i prefer jojoba oil.

Stop tanning, also. UVA/B spectrum light is very, very damaging to skin.I'm sure you know this already.

Zinc supplements help me with redness due to inflammation.

Lastly, keep up with the AHA. It definitely worked for me. it took about a month though,as your skin turns over every 24-48 days.

MemberMember
(@clearface1234)

Posted : 12/22/2011 3:57 pm

What I really like for enlarged pores is the Biore pore strips, which are like little strips that you apply, let dry, then peel off from your face. They literally unplug whatever is in your pores, especially the blackheads. You can find them at virtually any drugstore, dollar store, or you can even make them at home with gelatin and warm milk.

I'm a little skeptical of the aloe vera, it personally makes me break out. i prefer jojoba oil.

Stop tanning, also. UVA/B spectrum light is very, very damaging to skin.I'm sure you know this already.

Zinc supplements help me with redness due to inflammation.

Lastly, keep up with the AHA. It definitely worked for me. it took about a month though,as your skin turns over every 24-48 days.

yes i actually have those right now, they take a lot out of my nose, but it seems to fill right back up. and ive used them on my cheeks, itll get a few string like ones out, but it doesn't really do much

MemberMember
(@bobbi364)

Posted : 01/30/2012 7:01 pm

That clay mask is a very good thing to use, however, because you have very backed up pores you need to use it more often. I recommend using the bentonite clay, once a day (or twice a day) for two weeks, that is if it doesnt overly dry you out, which in my opinion it does not. After you remove all or close to all the impurities cut back to 2-3 times a week. If you break out from the clay, that is a good sign, as it is bringing out the impurities and deeply clogged pores. Good luck.

MemberMember
(@cwop)

Posted : 11/26/2015 2:59 pm

On January 30, 2012 at 1943, bobbi364 said:

That clay mask is a very good thing to use, however, because you have very backed up pores you need to use it more often. I recommend using the bentonite clay, once a day (or twice a day) for two weeks, that is if it doesnt overly dry you out, which in my opinion it does not. After you remove all or close to all the impurities cut back to 2-3 times a week. If you break out from the clay, that is a good sign, as it is bringing out the impurities and deeply clogged pores. Good luck.

is this true? do you know this from your own personal experience? I used it 3 days in a row with jojoba oil after and a couple spots have popped up. I'm worried but if it's just purging I'm pretty happy because I can actually feel this working and would be ecstatic to finally make a breakthrough in my routine