Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CourtneyNicole

What's Your Favorite Makeup To Cover Acne?

Ello :] I'm always trying new make ups to cover my acne. I wish I was comfortable going out without it.Hopefully after I'm pretty clear with Dan's regimine, I will put the make up brush down. I can't even imagine not wearing make up; it's pretty much routine. I wish I was comfortable in my own skin sans make up but right now I'm just not. Hopefully soon I'll feel confindent walking out the door bare faced.

Anyway right now I'm using bare minerals. I love the fact that it doesn't aggravate my acne, however I have very dry skin and the BP is drying it out more and the powder looks cakey and dry. Not very flattering. I'm looking for a full coverage liquid foundation. Any suggestions. Please and thank you :]

I use any foundation as long as it's liquid and matches my skin tone. The key is application. I stipple my foundation on with a stipple brush and it creates a flawless airbrushed finish using as little amount of foundation as possible, this way your pores don't get blocked and your discolorations fade away.

Look on youtube about "stippling" it's imo, the best way to apply foundation to make it look really natural, esp. if you have bad skin texture since this method lets you use a very small amount of foundation so your skin doesn't look cakey.

I HIGHLY recomment stippling your foundation with any drugstore liquid foundation (they are all the same).

how do you apply makeup on top of BP? i can't leave the house without makeup, but eversince i started using BP about 4 weeks ago, it looks so bad when i apply makeup afterwards. what i use is some liquid mineral stuff and mineral powder. at first it looks fine, but like an hour later (when i usually have already left home, of course) i look like the sahara desert... it cracks and i look like i have a beard :(

any tipps?

Palladio Wet/Dry foundation from Sally Beauty is my favorite. I'm 49 with acne and super oily skin and my daughter is 19 with acne and combo skin. She loves it too. It doesn't make us break out and it covers well. My only complaint is that there aren't many shade options. I would like a new option with a slight olive undertone like my skin. I also use mineral makeup but can't stand the mess. Everyday Minerals and Monave Concealer Foundation are both good options that don't clog pores. Both of those offer many shades that enable you to get the perfect match.

If I have a really bad blemish, I use a concealer brush with mineral concealer on top of the foundation. But, the Palladio covers most blemishes without the need for concealer.

I used to use a foundation brush, and I used to stipple my foundation until my skin started drying out a lot. I found out when I would stipple my foundation, it would cause all the dead skin I had to look worse with foundation. It made certain areas super obvious than others that were dry. Anyways, now I do the wet sponge method. I use a new sponge everyday, wet the sponge. I found that it sheers out the foundation, reduces how much I use/reduces how much foundation gets absorbed into the sponge. Also, I can layer certain areas without them looking heavy. It's a matter of preference on how you apply it though. If you prefer one way over another, go with that.

After I started using BP, it was pretty much impossible to wear foundation. I'm not going to lie. As much moisturizer you use...until your skin starts to adjust to using so much BP, it's going to flake or your makeup will 'ball' up in some areas. That's the worst. Especially through your makeup. Anyways, I always wore makeup anyways. I was a fool and thought I could skip steps and I could get away with my foundation looking fine anyways. But, what seemed to make it a little bit easier to wear it was if I moisturized at night (I know some people don't moisturize at night), or if I added jojoba oil to my moisturizer to reduce flakes. Just be careful on what type of foundation you use too. I've noticed on the loreal true match for example will emphasize all the wrong things and if your face is super dry. It will show. It seems to be a more dryer type of formula if that makes sense.

The makeup I use to cover acne/redmarks/scars is makeup forever hd. It's medium to full coverage. For some reason, I always go back to using it. I like how my skin looks after it's applied, and it covers well. They have a good selection on color choices, and it's good at layering and building up. My skin is a pale, so I was glad that they had more color choices to choose from. One downside is the price. It's very expensive. Just my opinion though. Another good, cheapers alternative for when I was looking for fuller coverage was Revlon Colorstay. Although I haven't used it in a very long time, I remember that it was buildable, it looked nice after I applied it, and it was a drugstore foundation (so I could easily buy it if I wanted to). The only downsides is that is caters to the more yellowy toned skinned, not the pink tones, and the palest shade they carry isn't all that light. Another downside is you have to apply it fast, and blend quickly because it dries fast.

Edit: As of lately, I've also been using my fingers to apply my makeup. I wash my hands very thoroughly, and then apply it. I seem to use less makeup with this method, even less than a sponge, and I like that. I also find that I can control where I put it as well and my application. I used to think using your fingers was an awful alternative to applying your makeup, but make sure to keep my hands clean, so I'm not contributing to my face breaking out by applying my makeup with my hands.

Edited by Vampireninja09

how do you apply makeup on top of BP? i can't leave the house without makeup, but eversince i started using BP about 4 weeks ago, it looks so bad when i apply makeup afterwards. what i use is some liquid mineral stuff and mineral powder. at first it looks fine, but like an hour later (when i usually have already left home, of course) i look like the sahara desert... it cracks and i look like i have a beard sad.png

any tipps?

I know exactly what you mean, I use Dan's BP but because my skin is so sensitive and already dry, I only use it at night. I know the regimine calls for using it at night and in the morning but my skin can't handle the dryness. It really clears me up if I use it in the morning, but it's not worth my skin being so tight that I can't smile or eat with out it feeling like my skin is going to fall off. I honestly don't think there is anyway to make your makeup look good over BP, at least not on my skin. It will look decent when I first apply it, but after a few hours my skin looks worse than it would without make up. Maybe you could still use BP in the morning, but just apply it to the current acne you have, not everywhere. That way you're still treating your acne, but not drying the surrounding skin. Then at night apply it everywhere. I don't know, it may help. Good luck :]

Palladio Wet/Dry foundation from Sally Beauty is my favorite. I'm 49 with acne and super oily skin and my daughter is 19 with acne and combo skin. She loves it too. It doesn't make us break out and it covers well. My only complaint is that there aren't many shade options. I would like a new option with a slight olive undertone like my skin. I also use mineral makeup but can't stand the mess. Everyday Minerals and Monave Concealer Foundation are both good options that don't clog pores. Both of those offer many shades that enable you to get the perfect match.

If I have a really bad blemish, I use a concealer brush with mineral concealer on top of the foundation. But, the Palladio covers most blemishes without the need for concealer.

I went on make up alley and this got rave reviews, I think I'm going to go out tomorrow and get it. I'll let you know what I think. Thanks for the recommendation!! :]

thanks for the tipp!

yeah i only apply it around my mouth anyways. this is my problem area.

this morning i only used a very small amount of BP and lots of jojoba oil and moisturizer. then i applied only loose powder instead of liquid foundation and powder. it still gets a little flakey but about 80% less. i'm quite happy with it.

I've recently discovered Boots No.7 stay perfect. The reason I chose it is because it's the closest to my skin color of all drugstore foundations. However, it doesn't break me out at all! And it's $14 which is great! I love MUFE HD as well, because it feels like nothing on. When my skin is a little clearer, BB's Skin Foundation is great. MAC breaks me out :( During the summers, I'm dark enough to match up with one of L'Oreal's True Match Foundations. I like Neutrogena's healthy skin enhancer too. My favorite powder though, is NYC's translucent powder in Warm Beige. Hands down. I've tried MAC, Bobbi Brown, Chanel, most of the stuff out there. Using a translucent powder prevents the caked-on look. Also, this doesn't break me out and keeps me shine free!

I use MAC liquid foundation and once I've applied that, I set it with MAC compact powder... It covers up pretty well. I usually apply the foundation with a sponge by dabbing it until it's set properly and spread equally.

I find it so hard to find a good foundation/concealor that matches my skin tone cause I can't use powder to set them sad.png

(Any sort of powder seems to make my eczema go NUTS on my face)

But anyway, I use Clinque Anti Blemish Soultions, it dosen't break me out & feels very light on my skin. I wouldn't say the coverage was amazing over my big problem areas, but hey thats what concealors for!

Edited by Kittyx3

I use revlon colorstay liquid foundation then I top it with maybelline clearsmooth foundation it covers my blemishes perfectly :)

Edited by jkitty03

For a super flawless, acne/scar/blemish free face, I use Make Up For Ever HD Primer and Foundation, MAC Studio Finish Concealer, and Make Up For Ever HD Powder in that order. This is actually so super OD flawless and doesn't look cakey that I have a hard time believing it's my skin.

Hello

I use Estée Lauder Double Wear. I have moderate cystic acne..this foundation, although pricey (£28 here in the UK) is fabulous. Great coverage & lasts all day

Makeup can't really cover anything protruding from the skin but can only cover pigmentation issues. It's not really about what brand of foundation you use, as long as it's light and creamy if you have dry skin and powdery if you have oily skin.

I think it's all about the technique, when ever I wear make-up, I stipple the foundation on. This technique minimized how much foundation you use so your skin texture doesn't look terrible, which happens when you use a lot of foundation, the less foundation you use, the better your skin texture will be.

This tequnique is applied in really tiny dots all over your face in light layers and it gives the airbrushed affect because it blurs out discolorations. It doesn't matter at all what foundation you use, as long as it's not thick.

People that have a perfect textured skin are able to wear thick foundation because they're texture is smoothe and layers of foundation won't cause the "cakey" affect.

My favorite is probably Make Up For Ever Full Cover concealer. It covers up everything REALLY well and doesn't look cakey. I usually have to touch it up after 5 or 6 hours, but that's normal with any makeup.

Ello :] I'm always trying new make ups to cover my acne. I wish I was comfortable going out without it.Hopefully after I'm pretty clear with Dan's regimine, I will put the make up brush down. I can't even imagine not wearing make up; it's pretty much routine. I wish I was comfortable in my own skin sans make up but right now I'm just not. Hopefully soon I'll feel confindent walking out the door bare faced.

Anyway right now I'm using bare minerals. I love the fact that it doesn't aggravate my acne, however I have very dry skin and the BP is drying it out more and the powder looks cakey and dry. Not very flattering. I'm looking for a full coverage liquid foundation. Any suggestions. Please and thank you :]

As of my experience i prefer MAC products like concealer to hide acne.I am very much satisfied with this product.