Notifications
Clear all

Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion

MemberMember
(@whatthekell)

Posted : 12/18/2011 7:56 pm

does anybody use this on their face? i used to use it for years, but stopped when it had an ingredient dan says to avoid. I miss it though, it really took care of dryness. i can't stand the flakes and tightness anymore and want to try it again. anybody like it?

MemberMember
(@whatthekell)

Posted : 12/19/2011 1:29 pm

k thanks bye!

MemberMember
(@whatthekell)

Posted : 12/19/2011 5:33 pm

anybody?

MemberMember
(@ghost08)

Posted : 12/29/2011 3:34 pm

I used this every morning and it works fine for me.

MemberMember
(@annjoa)

Posted : 12/29/2011 5:54 pm

I tried it once before. It wasn't smooth or creamy enough for my skin. It irritated my skin and didn't hydrate it at all. I didn't like it. But I think you should do trial and error with the products Dan recommends. If those dont work, then just stick to the moisturizer.

MemberMember
(@weeweewee)

Posted : 02/25/2012 11:58 pm

I used it over the summer, it was fine but so not worth how much it costed.

MemberMember
(@issa29)

Posted : 02/26/2012 12:39 pm

My dermatologist just gave me some samples of the Aveeno positively radiant daily moisturizer with spf 30 in it...i love it so far but now after wanting to start this regimen I'm weary about using it because of the sunscreen...the regular one should be fine though. that's what i'm gonna switch to

MemberMember
(@whatthekell)

Posted : 02/28/2012 8:44 am

My dermatologist just gave me some samples of the Aveeno positively radiant daily moisturizer with spf 30 in it...i love it so far but now after wanting to start this regimen I'm weary about using it because of the sunscreen...the regular one should be fine though. that's what i'm gonna switch to

Hi Issa,

I actually tried Aveeno positively radiant last summer, and had a bad reaction to it. I never did switch to the regular Aveeno lotion, as it's not meant for the face. It contains Isopropyl Palmitate, which is a very comedogenic ingredient. So I don't recommend it. Good luck on the regimen!

MemberMember
(@issa29)

Posted : 02/28/2012 10:19 am

Thanks for the heads up, I got Olay instead!

MemberMember
(@whatthekell)

Posted : 02/28/2012 12:54 pm

How do you like that? I found it left me white from the SPF.

MemberMember
(@issa29)

Posted : 03/08/2012 3:18 am

I actually got the Olay Hydrating Beauty Fluid..the moisturizer without the spf..it had great reviews online & it helps the dryness of my skin extremely well. its also non comodogenic :)

MemberMember
(@ilovemypuppy)

Posted : 03/08/2012 10:17 pm

Review: The active ingredient in this body moisturizer is a form of silicone. Thats great, but why Aveeno chose to list it as active (something thats permissible because silicones are considered over-the-counter skin protectants) was perhaps to make this body lotion sound more potent than it is. Lots of body (and most facial) moisturizers contain silicone in the same or greater amounts than Aveeno does here, yet those products dont list silicone as an active ingredient. Regardless, this is a very basic fragrance-free moisturizer thats an OK option for dry, sensitive skin. The formula is a bit too bare bones to earn a higher rating, but it deserves a good rating due to its value for sensitive skin.

Source : http://www.beautypedia.com/search.aspx?bid=57&st=1%2c2%2c3%2c4&rid=1%2c2%2c3%2c4%2c5%2c6%2c7%2c8#&&ZY2iApDOodtdQk5HGTxLJ05+RmHnnJTL9A/sTYfk1rGUM5Ld8ps+nt9IVSQ00l98kIDg/fMoUuXBluDHKUBN8TQKEQbdgiCfZsjfrlY8ULlpL+QmsjfLnXcnY0x/tmiSDRba3jbmjMfSADnJxFXuG0beiDQT8F+cMk4QeH3abl+dgPmza0O/X5C5H2FzJt/+88pKUa2vQnne1ORuAY/SzQq+/aMTTHdcWh0PF1yRo3gjd9NchepIhIPe7jA=

I use beautypedia whenever I am looking at buying or trying something new. I have had some misses, but in the most part, I trust it and I know a lot of people on acne.org like what she has to say too.

MemberMember
(@vinchenzo)

Posted : 03/09/2012 2:16 am

I've been using this moisturizer for a couple of years now and I think it works just fine.

MemberMember
(@tigerlili)

Posted : 03/10/2012 3:07 am

I have been using the aveeno daily moisturizing lotion for a few years on my face and body as a day and night cream and it works great!! Like yo, I tried to stop using it but find that other products either make my skin extremely oily or very dry so I had to come back to the aveeno lotion it keeps my skin hydrated and soft with out making it greasy :)

MemberMember
(@drewfish01)

Posted : 07/26/2013 10:32 pm

Name of the ingredient that Dan says to avoid? Has anyone used it with the regimen and it worked?