Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sugarkissh20

Husband Was Not Very Sympathic.

Ever since I got off my expenisve birth control my acne has been going nutz. Iv been trying to keep it under control with topicals but it didnt seem to be enough. I was hoping I would of grown out of it somewhat by now. Anyway I woke up this morning and had cluster a pustules all close together on the corner of my mouth going down. I wont lie, yes it looked pretty disgusting. What kind of got me though was my husbands reaction, he's used to me having clear skin so when he saw it, he says, and i quote" "Holy Shit, wth, is that contagius?" *Shudders* Since the dermatologist was booked until forever this sent me into a panic to go to a urgent care clinic and purchase medication, everything totaling to about 150 dollars. I am relieved to have some medicine but at the same time kind of hurt by my husbands reaction. My husbands not really an asshole as hard as that might be to believe lol. I think it just took him by surprise.e

Anyways, just here to vent and maybe get a pat on the back or something before I kill myself lol j/k cry.gif

Edited by Sugarkissh20

whats the big deal? id be suprised too if my wife woke up one morning with a bunch of zits after never seeing her with acne before... i doubt he said it to hurt you wtf is trhe point of that? maybe you should chill out and just tell him to calm his shit and its jjust a mini breakout

People often freak out when they see something unexpected. Especially if they don't immediately know what they are looking at. I think you should explain to him what it is (a little acne flare up), why it happened (going off birth control) and that if he acts like that again you may stab him in the leg with a fork.

Fair play, maybe it just shocked him and he wasn't too sure what it was at first. Like heyjoe and Lola said, perhaps it was just a surprise to him in the same way I don't doubt it surprised you. We're all guilty of opening our mouths before engaging our brains sometimes. wink.png

If it's bothering you, ask him why he said what he did. Hopefully it's not the case that he said it on purpose because that's really not nice at all. Whether it was an accident or not, better you find out one way or another and set things right if need be, rather than dwell on it. smile.png

Edited by PaulH85

I can definitely understand where you're coming from. If I was married, and my husband said that, I would be really

hurt and feel like he is very judgmental...

when you wake up tomorrow morning look at your husband and say "Holy shit wth is that contagious" and watch him run to the mirror and then when he looks at you flip him the bird laugh and walk away. lol

when you wake up tomorrow morning look at your husband and say "Holy shit wth is that contagious" and watch him run to the mirror and then when he looks at you flip him the bird laugh and walk away. lol

Lol to that comment.

My ex-husband used to point out when I'd get a pimple on my forehead. It was my "third eye" or "two horns" depending on where it was. This was WHILE I was on birth control in the middle of the day and he knew what it was. (Acne has nothing to do with why I got divorced). Despite the insensitivity, he still married me (had acne before he even asked me out) and he still thought I was cute. I would just tell your husband that what he said hurt you. He may have been honestly surprised and opened his mouth without thinking. If he's wise, he will listen to you.

Also, when I'm hurting whether from a flare up or just feeling unattractive in general, I try to remind myself of my faith and how God sees me. It is comforting to be reminded of how valuable I am despite imperfections. If anyone is interested, I have a list of verses that I find comforting. Send me a message, I'll send them to anyone who wants them.

I think he was just playing, I know sometimes we Acne suffers we take everything too personal, it happens to me often with my family...lately been joking about it also..just don't worry too much about that stuff because if you stress about it is not good. joke with him too.. luckily my boyfriend its very supportive with me. sometimes you cant help to be sensitive about it though.

Good luck ^_^

ROFL!!!!!! Cracked me up.