Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ThatGuy16

So, is anybody here actually satisfied.....

Not trying to put anyone down here but I come here as much as I can to read the latest, but everytime I do, I read so much drama. People talking about suicide, losing their lives, etc etc. I always have to think to myself, am I the only one here satisfied with my body? (and yes, I do have acne)

i don't think anyone is totally satisfied with their physical appearance. look at all the fad diets, the percentage of people who are undergoing plastic surgery... i know few people out there who find their bodies exactly to their liking, and those who have, have worked damn hard to acheive that. but, hey, no one is perfect. it's those imperfections that make us special, if you ask me.

i like the feeling of not being satisfied...is always wants you to work harder..to get 10 more pounds of muscle or cutting 5 pounds off , gives me goals to accomplish and when i succed(boo spell check!!) it feels damn good smile.gifsmile.gif

im fairly satisfied most of the time...of course i always wish none of this shit ever happened but who doesnt on this crazy site...

I have a crazy metabolism so its kinda hard to put on muscle...i kinda wish it would slow down a little...

haha lucky. i am prone to being plump which when i was younger was the cause of eatting disorders and depression and such, because i thought you had to be a size 2 to be considered attractive. but, as i've gotten older i've become more comfortable with myself, have toned by body and realized it's okay to have an ass and boobs and to be a size 6 or 8. who you are on the inside is what really matters, as cliche as that is.

I would like to be completely clear so that it doesnt look like i ever had acne at all, i also have a large red mark under one of my eyes that im workin on fading right now, but other than that i would say that im pretty satisfied with myself, im a good looking guy and I wouldnt think so if i wasnt told that i was ALL the time.... nobodies perfect though

No one is ever completely happy with everything in their life, I believe. Darn close? Sure. Once you get that next thing you have been desiring for (clear skin) you don't, can't no longer want it anymore. You already have it. You move onto something else.

i totally agree with ya somehopeleft..once ive got clear skin (fingers crossed) il find something ill be unhappy with to start working on.. but so far..acne has been the toughest thing to fight.GRRrrr

But everyone says to me.. you'll be a stronger person when this is all over... etc etc...its character building..blah blah..but if you ask me..its Character Crippling and self esteem stamping.<sigh>

even when we've gotten over this skin problem we will find other areas in our life which is imperfect.

Not necessarily true for me. If my skin ever clears up on my face and body, I'll be pretty satisfied with my appearance and body. Seriously.

The only thing I might do is to buff up a little bit and build some muscle. But, I don't wanna do that right now cos I'd need to go to a gym to do that and my skin looks like shit right now. A few spots here and there and scars everywhere. Especially on my arms and back which everyone will see in a gym. It'd be so embarassing. This is the reason why I didn't join any of the sports teams at my uni last year cos I thought I'd look like an alien or something whenever I got changed. Very good decision in my book.

Not necessarily true for me. If my skin ever clears up on my face and body, I'll be pretty satisfied with my appearance and body. Seriously.

i can honestly say i love every inch of myself other than acne i have a great figure lovely blue eyes and long dark hair,when my skin looks good i couldnt be happier.

it's okay to have an ass and boobs and to be a size 6 or 8.

I prefer girls to b a little bigger than a little skinnier- obviously not too big though! i think curves are really sexy.

I think I try to stay as positive as possible, given the fact that acne is pretty aggravating to the face and the psyche.

I have an awesome figure that responds beautifully to exercise (which I love to do) and my facial structure is very pretty and I have good hair. When I'm having a good skin day (which are becoming few and far between here lately) I look absolutely gorgeous. SO, honestly, I can't really complain too much because for the most part I've been dealt a good hand when it comes to my looks. In fact, I think in some ways the acne, although annoying and sometimes downright depressing, is a way for me to retain some humility and keep both feet on the ground.

That's my take on it, anyway.

I think I'm cute in a different kinda way, other than my acne. Before acne, I was paranoid about being fat, flat, ugly hair, ugly nose, etc, you name it...but then I got through my awkward stage and realized 'hey, I'm pretty nice lookin'. Then acne got worse and that feeling went away. But I LOVE my hair now. It's wavy/curly and waist length and auburn. I get compliments on it from complete strangers all the time. It's such a self-esteem boost! So when my skin is looking especially terrible I just do something extra fun with my hair to distract... cool.gif I have severe self esteem issues which I attribute 90% to my acne.. mad.gif

Guest Zitro

Haha , I also love my hair, I use it to cover my forehead's acne and at the same time, I give myself a Beatle look.

Me? I believe I am satisfied, I am a very positive teen that never lets himself down, and never hides from problems. I always confront them.

Guest Zitro

I confronted acne, and I realized it can be defeated. Find your cure.

The only thing I might do is to buff up a little bit and build some muscle. But, I don't wanna do that right now cos I'd need to go to a gym to do that and my skin looks like shit right now. A few spots here and there and scars everywhere. Especially on my arms and back which everyone will see in a gym. It'd be so embarassing. This is the reason why I didn't join any of the sports teams at my uni last year cos I thought I'd look like an alien or something whenever I got changed. Very good decision in my book.

I hate having little boobs and my skins looks rather ugly but other than that I love how I look. I know that sounds rather egotistical but I think you've got to love yourself a bit to be happy, just as long as your not really vain.

Hah, I've changed my hair at least five times in the past year in some attempt to "look good." I've stuck with the shaved head for a while now (it makes me look older), but it doesn't help with my apparent lack of facial hair at 18 years old.

At this rate, I'll probably start growing facial hair about six years after I die.

Aside from that though, I don't really have issues about my body. I've worked on defining my arms, legs, and chest, and it shows. I don't have a keg, and I definitely don't have a six-pack, so I guess I'm kind of content with my "2-liter." I was a former fat kid (tortured for years, then when the skin problems came... holy crap), so I think that though I think I look good, I'll never be truly "happy" with the whole package. It's in my nature to find my next flaw, sadly.

Seacrest, out.