Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
StephenMcl

I Feel Angry All The Time

Hi everyone, having a really bad day, face is broke out again, suprise suprise. I asked the doctor for accutane, but he says my acne isn't severe enough, as if she really gives a fuck anyway. Her sitting there with perfect skin and me looking like a monster. I'm tired of life. i'm not looking for sympathy, im just so angry that i can't get rid of it no matter what i do. I try to eat a good diet, then see people eating allsorts of crap and having clear face, fuck my life. Christmas coming up aswell, but can i enjoy it.......NO, cause somewhere in the universe someone has decided, lets give this boy acne. I'm so fucking angry, i honestly don't know what to do anymore, doctors keep hitting me with shit topicals that do fuck all and won't give me the only proven thing to stop acne, which is accutane. What pains me more is that they probably already have a cure, but as it wouldn't make them money, don't release it, i fucking hate the doctors and my life, the sad thing is, is that my life would be perfect if only i didn't have acne, i'd be more confident, outgoing and be able to enjoy life, but somehow i deserve acne. Quoting eminem 'what is life, i'm tired of life'.

Edited by StephenMcl

the sad thing is, is that my life would be perfect if only i didn't have acne, i'd be more confident, outgoing and be able to enjoy life, but somehow i deserve acne. Quoting eminem 'what is life, i'm tired of life'.

No, it really wouldn't. You'd just find something else to hate about yourself.

Having said that, I feel your pain and anger. Sometimes I get really irritated with people as well - l was just reading this article and it was incredibly triggering because her acne is mild but she's already acting like she looks like a "monster." I'd leave a comment on the article, but that would require me signing up for a new account. People are not only unsympathetic but often also incredibly callous, and it's really hard to keep your head when you just feel like screaming at people.

Acne isn't a thing "deserved" or "undeserved." It just simply is, which is what makes it so frustrating. It also seems like a big deal when you're living in a first world country surrounded by clear-skinned people, but let's be realistic here: out of all the "injustices" in the world, it's still relatively mild. I know people usually just shrug off "oh what about the poor starving orphans in Africa" type responses because they're just so ubiquitous by this point, but it's a very sign of their privilege that they're able to do that shrugging-off so easily. Perspective is a thing diligently learned, not automatically gotten, but its worth the effort to obtain it.

You've just got to think you aren't alone, because truly you aren't. There are so many people that suffer from acne, and although you think you aren't perfect you are. People don't actually look at your acne, but because you feel self conscious you think they are, so that makes you more paranoid. I went on accutane, and honestly? It has helped, but I've still got spots, it doesn't do everything you think, what's your skin regime? how many times do you wash your face a day? diet doesn't matter, although it does help to eat healthy, it doesn't effect you too much. I had a friend that ate a massive bar of chocolate EVERY day and she had utterly perfect skin, don't listen to myths and all that rubbish... I've done that much research on skin i feel like some kind of expert. You aren't alone, I used to get so down about my spots and I still do. I used to sit there and cry, but honestly. If you did have perfect skin you'd still find an insecurity like, ''i don't like my nose'' you'll never be happy, that's just life. It may just be your age, give it time and the key is to be patient!

you're not alone my friend, your doc is probably wearing 2 lbs of makeup.. not to sound rude to girls, but my gosh that is reality, a girl cant walk outta her house without putting it on.. on the more serious note, i feel the same way as you are right now.. my face is always oily and is always red.. i cut down so much garbage.. no junk food, refined sugar etc etc.. and to tbh my skin has no breakouts, its just red and oily and some scars here and there..

the sad thing is, is that my life would be perfect if only i didn't have acne, i'd be more confident, outgoing and be able to enjoy life, but somehow i deserve acne. Quoting eminem 'what is life, i'm tired of life'.

No, it really wouldn't. You'd just find something else to hate about yourself.

Having said that, I feel your pain and anger. Sometimes I get really irritated with people as well - l was just reading this article and it was incredibly triggering because her acne is mild but she's already acting like she looks like a "monster." I'd leave a comment on the article, but that would require me signing up for a new account. People are not only unsympathetic but often also incredibly callous, and it's really hard to keep your head when you just feel like screaming at people.

Acne isn't a thing "deserved" or "undeserved." It just simply is, which is what makes it so frustrating. It also seems like a big deal when you're living in a first world country surrounded by clear-skinned people, but let's be realistic here: out of all the "injustices" in the world, it's still relatively mild. I know people usually just shrug off "oh what about the poor starving orphans in Africa" type responses because they're just so ubiquitous by this point, but it's a very sign of their privilege that they're able to do that shrugging-off so easily. Perspective is a thing diligently learned, not automatically gotten, but its worth the effort to obtain it.

i think im in lovewub.png , that is a fantastic perspective to have; a little difficult to maintain, but true to the last word

I didn't realize other people were this angry about their acne as I am. It's ruined the way I act. I'm not social because of it and I never take pictures because of it. It sucks. I hate it. I'm a girl and I have not yet to meet a guy OR girl who has had WORSE acne than myself. I somehow have learned over the years that WHO CARES, I WILL get clear one day, and if people aren't going to talk to us because you have acne, then THEY'RE NOT WORTH OUR TIME! Acne sucks, it is ugly, but we can't let it completely kill our spirits.

if you want accutane go to a different derm....

if it comes down to it then buy it online and get bloodtests monthly on your own

there is always ways to get something done

I'm sorry :( i get frustrated at times too. Its hard. Especially with what you said about how other people just live these lives with terrible diets, plus they just sit on their couch doing drugs and drinking too and still have baby ass skin :( sometimes I feel like giving up too. Its just really hard and such a roller coaster because sometimes ill feel okay and other times i want to murder. Venting on here helps ALOT I used to hold alot in till recently and I find it helps....

I didn't realize other people were this angry about their acne as I am. It's ruined the way I act. I'm not social because of it and I never take pictures because of it. It sucks. I hate it. I'm a girl and I have not yet to meet a guy OR girl who has had WORSE acne than myself. I somehow have learned over the years that WHO CARES, I WILL get clear one day, and if people aren't going to talk to us because you have acne, then THEY'RE NOT WORTH OUR TIME! Acne sucks, it is ugly, but we can't let it completely kill our spirits.

exactly. i feel like im alone. im probably never gonna meet someone else my age (13) with acne like this. :( every one of my friends have clear skin, its not fair. i see them eat all that candy and food, and i just envy them. waaaaaahhhh my life sucks. and i hate it when they get a little breakout, im talking 2 PIMPLES and they complain. this happened to me a couple of days ago, my friend "broke out" on her chin, and she was like "Kara!" i turned around and she was like "I'm breaking out." like ummm... what do you want me to do? why are you telling me this? i guess she wanted me to agree with her.

exactly. i feel like im alone. im probably never gonna meet someone else my age (13) with acne like this. :( every one of my friends have clear skin, its not fair. i see them eat all that candy and food, and i just envy them. waaaaaahhhh my life sucks. and i hate it when they get a little breakout, im talking 2 PIMPLES and they complain. this happened to me a couple of days ago, my friend "broke out" on her chin, and she was like "Kara!" i turned around and she was like "I'm breaking out." like ummm... what do you want me to do? why are you telling me this? i guess she wanted me to agree with her.

I'm sorry :( I hate that too! When people are like Omg I have a pimple and it's the smallest thing when your face has them sprinkled everywhere! My sister does that all the time =\ I'm like okayyyyy. But I'm sure yours is just hormonal. Theyll get theirs soon(:

i hate it when they get a little breakout, im talking 2 PIMPLES and they complain. this happened to me a couple of days ago, my friend "broke out" on her chin, and she was like "Kara!" i turned around and she was like "I'm breaking out." like ummm... what do you want me to do? why are you telling me this? i guess she wanted me to agree with her.

I hate that too ! sad.png

It's like a skinny person telling an overweight friend about how they gained weight. It's just awkward, and draws attention to problems that nobody wants spotlighted.

Stephen,

How are you doing? It might help to think of this of a challenge. Will you be the type of person to stay positive, fight through this, or will you let it take from you every good thing you have in your life? You say your life would be perfect without acne. That tells me your life is pretty awesome....but you're letting acne win by taking all that joy from you. You absolutely have got to stay focused on and "thankful" for the good things you do have in your life. Having gratitude is important, and feelings of anger will not only worsen your acne but your health as well.

Of course you want to continue to get healthy but try to think that in the meantime, there must a reason for this, and hard as it may seem, try to be thankful for that reason. Also, when we don't present ourselves as these perfect specimens, people can feel more comfortable around us. Try to focus on love and compassion for others, and that'll help as well.

In the meantime, stay strong. You might check out my signature as well for some very basic health tips. I wish you the best. :)