Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CourtneyNicole

Make Up And The Regimen

Okay I know makeup is bad for your skin, but it gives me confidence which is something I've been lacking lately. You can tell me I'm beautiful without it, but I won't believe it. I just see myself as ugly without it. Depressing, but hopefully soon I will not be hindered by these flesh colored powders and liquids. Anyway my point in this post is to ask what you girls or guys do about makeup and it flaking because of the BP. Also how often do you clean your brushes? Please and thank you :]

well i guess it depends on what you use. i used to use a stick concealer and powder foundation when i first started the regimen and it was waaay too drying. if youre out and you see some flakes, DONT TOUCH IT. there were so many incidents at school where i tried to get the flakes off and it just got worse and more noticeable.

but i just use liquid concealer now and BP only on my cheeks, which hasnt given me any flaking problems.\

bottom line, id say liquid is better when youre on the regimen. and use as little as you can, its better that people can see your acne a little than having makeup practically outlining flakes of dead skin or almost melting off in oil or too much moisturizer (been through both) D:

and when i used foundation i would wash my brush about once a week

I use Almay Smart Shade foundation. It goes on smoothly over the bp/moisturizer. For shine control, Cover Girl Simply Powder.

I wash my powder puff after one day of use. I keep plenty of extras on hand and toss them into a lingerie bag to wash them each week. That way I am never using a dirty puff.

Mineral makeup worked really great for me. It stays nice and even on my face all day & it doesnt make me break out. And I think that brushes should be washed at least once a week, I would never apply my makeup with a dirty brush.

Mineral makeup is the best for peeps with problem skin. I use jane iredale or sephora bare minerals when I want to spend a little less money. You can order both these online, but make sure to check out ebay as well. Cause sometimes you can find better deals there. I wash all my brushes at least once a week with natural shampoo. Just make sure you rinse them well! Good luck!

Moisturizer + primer + everyday minerals = no flakes or makeup induced breakouts for me. I wash my brushes as soon as I'm done using them so they have all day to dry and be ready for me the next morning.