Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi everyone wavey.gif well I am currently on Dans regimen and I using the cleanser and BP except the moisturizer . Mainly because it doesn't have very good reviews and some people have broken out from it , greasy , yellow tint and all that . Since I have sensitive skin and I cant just put anything on my face because i am prone to cosmetic acne pretty much ..... I have been on the hunt for a new moisturizer and I have used MANY from the drugstore and they either broke me out or werent moisturizing or ect. Well I also cant use mineral oil , petrolatum , or heavy ingredients . Just want to ask what is your favorite moisturizer ?

Neutrogena Oil-free Moisturizer for Combination Skin has, quite literally, saved my life. :) I love it! Takes away the pain and tightness, most of the flakes and redness, and has caused ZERO acne! My face has gotten SO much better since I started using it. I think it was the final step that finally got me clear!

LPR Toleriane Ultra. It's free of mineral oil. It's recommended for highly for those with sensitive, reactive, skin. I have not had break outs from using this product. I actually just ordered my second tube. Great stuff!

http://www.laroche-posay.us/_us/_en/consumer/catalog/ByType/Sensitive/toleriane-ultra.htm

I also purchased the Toleriane Fluide. It was mentioned as an alternative product for Summer months. The Ultra is more a lotion-cream. Happy medium. As the fluide seems much less dense in comparison. I've yet to give it a go. I will update...

Edited by gemmyjunebug

Cetaphil moisturizing lotion is great but it is pretty greasy unless you have very dry non oily skin. Clean and clear dual action moisturizer is probably my favorite as of now, but it contains salicylic acid so make sure you have been on the regimen for awhile before you try this. Some people have bad reactions to the combo of bp and sa, I don't personally, but some people report that they get super dry and red and crusty, so if you don't know how your skin reacts to that combo, start with a very small amount. Other than the sa concern it is a great moisturizer but you may need to use quite a bit of it if you have really dry skin.