Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
PaulyD

The Dermal Filler Thread

Now that one reputable plastic surgeon has strongly advised me not to go through with excision (he refused to do the procedure himself), I am looking into dermal fillers. This was an option over a year but thought I'd try dermal stamping for several months first and then go through with excision. I really hate that I'm in this position. I do NOT want to be spending a thousand dollars every day on injections that are potentially harmful and can have several adverse side effects but what else? I'm extremely bothered by some of my scars and have done almost every procedure under the sun in the past 3 years to get my scars to a point where I'm not bothered by them 24/7 (yes I have nightmares about my scars too).

So, could any one who has had dermal fillers or knows anything about them PLEASE add to his thread. What kind of filler did you use? How long did they last? What type of scars did you have and how did they respond to them? Any side effects? Costs? Repeated injections? Done by a doctor, nurse, or technician?

Please.

Read many reviews about that. People said it's hard to apply. I wore foundation for over a year and it was probably the most anxious, embarrassing and frustrating year of my life. Some days it wouldn't apply properly or I didn't apply it right etc. Would be late for appointments and get togethers and then be paranoid about it flaking or wearing off. Very shit year.

Read many reviews about that. People said it's hard to apply. I wore foundation for over a year and it was probably the most anxious, embarrassing and frustrating year of my life. Some days it wouldn't apply properly or I didn't apply it right etc. Would be late for appointments and get togethers and then be paranoid about it flaking or wearing off. Very shit year.

Did you stop wearing foundation?

It's really not that hard to apply. It takes a little time to get used to it, but once applied, most scars are completely invisible. I even put makeup over it. It's made of silicone, and it's very very safe. It's much better to use than a foundation/concealer. Maybe those few people were uninformed of it, but it works perfectly for my bicycle scar I attained a few months ago. Hope this helps!