Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jonlum

Msm, Acnomel, And Expressing Emotions

Aloha,

I've spent many years on this site and feel compelled to share what has worked to heal my acne-rosacea. Ill start off by saying that Ive always had skin problems since I was very young from relentless warts, stubborn rashes, cystic pimples/acne, up to Rosacea. This was gradual, but the past 7 years have been,primarily, cystic acne and rosacea. I've seen all types of doctors and healers and learned alot on my journey. Tried "everything" to no avail. What has worked for me is this. Internally, I started taking MSM(optimsm) with vitamin C in the beginning of summer(look it up). I then added Acnomel which is a sulfur based product that you can order online. I do use a homemade toner as well made out of green tea/apple cider Vin/ lavender oil. Now, I must say that my diet was so strict for years that I became very anxious about dining out, eating at friends for dinner etc. I believed that dairy was my culprit and did the best i could to stay away from it. After trying this regimen, my skin has completely changed and my diet has as well. I'm a conscious eater( thanks to this experience), but I can eat dairy and really anything I want, and my skin cooperates. I don't know why but my belief is that it was FINALLY my time to heal. I mustn't forget one important ingredient..... Express your true feelings in some way. I believe that holding on to anger, resentment, bitterness, etc. HAS ALOT to do with my skin problems. There was, and still maybe, some deep pain at the core my being. I look at this experience as a period of purging the negative energy that needed to leave my body and manifested itself as "skin disorders". Ever since i was a child, for christ sakes!!! Call me sensitive, call me crazy. This is what I know to be true according to my own personally, emotionally draining experience. You too will find your form of healing one day... I hope that this information can help someone out there as I understand the pain and "suffering" that skin problems can cause. Love yourself through this.

Love

J

I am glad to hear your treatment regime is working! Sulfur is an older treatment method but very effective for some people. I think it is good to express emotions and to feel open about them. But I think that it is unwise to think that holding onto negative emotions causes skin problems. This is too much of a burden to carry in addition to dealing with active acne. There are negative emotions that come up because of experiencing acne! And we all struggle with ways to express those negative emotions without becoming overwhelmed. I think loving oneself while dealing with acne is a good thing however...and, especially loving oneself even if feeling negative emotions and not being sure how to express them. We don't need the guilt of thinking that acne happens because we aren't somehow able to express our emotions adequately. Stress plays a role in acne but other factors are more important. In fact, there are many studies recently that say stress is less of a factor than originally thought...and therefore it might be better not to stress over stress comfort.gif

I'm curious to know how you healed yourself emotionally because I hold in so much anger and stuff. I really need help and I hardly trust people..... So please

Can you please describe the optimsm you are taking? What brand is it? How much are you using? Is it the pill form or the powder form?