Notifications
Clear all

Argan Oil Causing Break Outs!

MemberMember
(@steftacular)

Posted : 12/14/2011 12:22 am

Everyone says Argan oil is great for all skin types, but I just want to warn everyone that it gave me major breaks out and after doing about 10 minutes of google research I realized its not recommended for oily/ acne prone skin. This came as a shock to me since I use jojoba on my skin all the time with no negative side effects. Beware of argan oil though. My face went from completely clear to having about 10 cystic acnes in a matter of days. Use at your own risk...

MemberMember
(@californiaestie)

Posted : 12/14/2011 12:32 am

Boo that stinks! What kind are you using, is it 100% organic + pure? Some have added ingredients.

MemberMember
(@kayrae)

Posted : 12/14/2011 1:47 pm

I haven't tried it on my face, but I use it on my hair and my scalp had a major allergic reaction with red and itchy patches all over! eusa_think.gif

MemberMember
(@californiaestie)

Posted : 12/14/2011 10:30 pm

That's so weird! I use it for hair and face and loooove it. I use Josie Maran for my face and Moroccanoil for my hair. For facial use just make sure it's certified pure organic. If it still doesn't agree with you it's just one of those things.

MemberMember
(@lovegreensmoothies)

Posted : 12/22/2011 8:23 pm

I've NEVER found any oil that didn't break me out. I stay away from oils now.

MemberMember
(@hellolovve)

Posted : 12/22/2011 10:15 pm

I've NEVER found any oil that didn't break me out. I stay away from oils now.

Yes, I absolutely agree, ESPECIALLY with Argan Oil. I use that on my hair and accidentally touched my face one day. Surprise surprise I had a pimple a few days later.

MemberMember
(@gemmyjunebug)

Posted : 12/23/2011 12:09 am

This oil breaks me out too. I was using Morrocan.oil for my hair and also tried Pureology for Hair it too had argan oil. I got tiny pimples all around my hairline. I've been reading Emu oil is the same for some as well....

MemberMember
(@battle2011)

Posted : 05/08/2014 2:21 am

i was just considering using argan oil.. using a new soap that leaves my skin totally dry and in turn breaks me out.. i do not have any moisturizer at home..

MemberMember
(@talon)

Posted : 05/08/2014 6:22 am

I've use the Jose aragan oil with no problems too.

MemberMember
(@battle2011)

Posted : 09/14/2014 8:07 am

how is your skin now?