Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Daniel0202

Is This Moisturizer And Cleanser Good For Accutane? (Dryness)

Hello!

I have recently started on accutane and i'm not quite sure on which moisturizer and cleanser I should choose for my dryness when i'm on accutane.

I have thought about these:

La Roche Posay Effaclar H Cream (moisturizer) La-Roche-Posay-EFFACLAR-H1_reference.jpg

LRP EFFACLAR Cleanser gel (for cleansing before using the Effaclar H cream)

laroche1.jpg

I LOVE.LOVE. La Roche Posay. I use their Toleriane line. It has been nothing but sweet, sweet, victory for my temperamental skin. I use the LPR Toleriane Ultra.

I have "not" tried these two products. However if your skin is red, dry, flaky, angry, check out the Toleriane Ultra. I have not had any (cosmetic induced) breakouts while using this particular lotion. Glides like silk and melts into your skin. I purchased also the Toleriane Fluide. I will update my progress. The Fluide I think would be a great addition to my summer routine( as a replacement for the Ultra)...much lighter in texture and hydration. I thought I would give it go now so I'm fully ready for season changes. As for Cleanser. I still go for the gentle Hydrating Cleanser from CeraVe. Unless your truly oily-hydrate your skin while washing without stripping and treat with lotion/gels.

I LOVE.LOVE. La Roche Posay. I use their Toleriane line. It has been nothing but sweet, sweet, victory for my temperamental skin. I use the LPR Toleriane Ultra.

I have "not" tried these two products. However if your skin is red, dry, flaky, angry, check out the Toleriane Ultra. I have not had any (cosmetic induced) breakouts while using this particular lotion. Glides like silk and melts into your skin. I purchased also the Toleriane Fluide. I will update my progress. The Fluide I think would be a great addition to my summer routine( as a replacement for the Ultra)...much lighter in texture and hydration. I thought I would give it go now so I'm fully ready for season changes. As for Cleanser. I still go for the gentle Hydrating Cleanser from CeraVe. Unless your truly oily-hydrate your skin while washing without stripping and treat with lotion/gels.

Thank you for your answer gemmyjunebug!

Basically, my skin might (maybe, this is a side effect) be red, dry and flaky while im on the accutane. and ofcourse - i would love to prevent that.

So you recommend the toleriane line? i'll check out the store, if they have it here. But is Toleriane Ultra a moisturizer?

Yes, Toleriane Ultra is a Moisturizer. Toleriane is a Sub-Category of the La Roch Posay (LPR) brand. They have different categories for different skin problems and needs. This particular moisturizer uses Glycerin Oil as its main ingredient for hydration. It retains moisture. It's pretty cool actually. I see little water droplets on my face when I use this lotion.

Yes, Toleriane Ultra is a Moisturizer. Toleriane is a Sub-Category of the La Roch Posay (LPR) brand. They have different categories for different skin problems and needs. This particular moisturizer uses Glycerin Oil as its main ingredient for hydration. It retains moisture. It's pretty cool actually. I see little water droplets on my face when I use this lotion.

Hmm. The thing is that I need a really INTENSE moisturizer because my face might be really dry because of the medicine.

Effaclar H seems like a good moisturizer for very dry skin. Is the Toleriane Ultra intense or mild?

http://www.laroche-posay.us/_us/_en/consumer/catalog/ByType/Sensitive/toleriane-ultra.htm

Intense. A perfect balance between a cream and a lotion. Intense meaning it actually heals and moderate meaning you don't feel like a greasy mess. It gives a light sheen that "melts" into your skin. It does not cover and sit on your skin. Does that make sense? It is not matte.

http://www.laroche-p...riane-ultra.htm

Intense. A perfect balance between a cream and a lotion. Intense meaning it actually heals and moderate meaning you don't feel like a greasy mess. It gives a light sheen that "melts" into your skin. It does not cover and sit on your skin. Does that make sense? It is not matte.

Okay, i'll check it out :)

Hey, might be a bit late but I'd suggest you try out CeraVe's Moisturizing Cream - it works wonders on dry and flaky skin (I use Tazorac and the first few weeks have been horrible!!!)

Hope I helped :)