Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Coppedsynergy999

Dermal Fillers Without Subcision For Scars

Would this typically work?? How can you tell if a scar is tethered? Im thinking of some Juvederm ultra. The scarring is deep but isolated. Help would be very much appreciated. Is this "Donut effect" a common occurence.?

You can tell if a scar is tethered by stretching it with your hands. If it disappears then it's not tethered. If it doesn't it's tethered.

Don't get juvederm if you don't know how you respond to fillers. If you don't like the results it will last long. I've heard juvederm is bad for scarring because it's so thick. Restylane is a better choice, especially for your first time.

You can tell if a scar is tethered by stretching it with your hands. If it disappears then it's not tethered. If it doesn't it's tethered.

Don't get juvederm if you don't know how you respond to fillers. If you don't like the results it will last long. I've heard juvederm is bad for scarring because it's so thick. Restylane is a better choice, especially for your first time.

What do you mean tethered (I don't understand the term)? And how does this affect the treatment of a scar?

If the scar disappears when you stretch the skin then dermal fillers should work well to improve the looks of the scar. If not (the scar is tethered) then they might not work so well. I dont know much on fillers though but that's how I think it is. ;)

Also read on sculptra though results on that take some time to show they can last a lot longer. Remember that on long run getting something invasive like lasers or subcision done would probably save you money.

Good luck!

This has to be a myth. I could stretch all my rolling scars and they'd disappear but subcision still corrected all of them.