Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sugarkissh20

How Bad Is My Acne?

Most of what you see on my cheeks is old scarring, right now it is concentrating on my chin, after I got off my birth control. Iv been trying to control it with topical creams. Iv been on different anti bacterials since I was 13, now that I am 24 I would really like to stop taking pills cause I know the drugs are not good for your liver and such. Could you rate the severity? I guess if it gets any worse I'll have to go back on pills again.. sad.png

post-138106-0-57750900-1323754544_thumb.

post-138106-0-81726500-1323754597_thumb.

post-138106-0-57750900-1323754544_thumb.

post-138106-0-81726500-1323754597_thumb.

I don't see much acne, just some redness. I'd say your acne is mild, and it's possibly hormonal (big red pimples around the mouth and jaw areas are a sign).

If you treat your red marks once you get rid of acne, I'm more than sure that you will not worry about the look of your face anymore. Sometimes it's that redness that makes us feel that we're at our worst, when actually the worst has already passed!

You have some rather large inflamed pimples, and considering you are currently treating it with topicals & it's still breaking out like that, I'd label it moderate acne.

I'd group it this way:

- Mild acne tends to be mostly comedal, possibly with a few small inflamed pimples, the occasional pustule & never cysts.

- Moderate is when there are numerous inflamed pimples, including frequent large pustules & a few cysts/nodules on occasion.

- Severe includes frequent & numerous cysts.

I'm no derm or expert though. Just the opinion of an average person...

FYI, antibiotics worked pretty well for me also (I have moderate acne when left untreated), but I too was nervous about being on them for yeeeears. I can control it with prescription topicals, but not as well.

What topicals are you using? Glycolic acid is amazing for red marks. I highly suggest that if you have not tried it.

Edited by Siouxsie

Currently using retina micro. Iv tried BP but it didn't really do much along with some others. For anti bacterials iv been on tetracycline, (however you spell them) minocyclne, and septra. septra is the only thing that has really worked for me, even though its really bad for your insides but its like I'm dependent on the stuff.

Hey you're acne isn't severe. I would say mild, like mine. The pills for acne are the worst because of the bad side effects and antibotics isn't good at all for long-term use. That's why I started using Dermaforte, it's an all natural and organic product... it's ingredients are 100% natural and organic which is great. I noticed redness reduction, less irritation, smoothness, and old acne scars of mine have started to fade.

*Moderator edit - URL removed. Read the board rules*

rolleyes.gif

Hey, I would say Moderate as you are on treatment. I had a massive outbreak after coming off of the pill aswell. I got clear using finacea. My log has all the details but it cleared me in 6-8 months. My log has all the details so if you decide to try finacea (or azelaic acid as its chemical name) I'd suggest you have a read of it. The link is in my signiture.... Here is a video so you can see

Hey you're acne isn't severe. I would say mild, like mine. The pills for acne are the worst because of the bad side effects and antibotics isn't good at all for long-term use. That's why I started using Dermaforte, it's an all natural and organic product... it's ingredients are 100% natural and organic which is great. I noticed redness reduction, less irritation, smoothness, and old acne scars of mine have started to fade.

rolleyes.gif

That's weird, you've advertised your product in every post you made.

The big red one to the left is a cyst and it is EXTREMLY painful. It is driving me nutz. Been like that since yesterday. It hurts to even open my mouth. If anyone knows of any good remedies to get rid of these quickly id really appreciate it. Iv tried the hot rag, icing, but these suckers seem to be immune to everything. They don't do those steroid shots down here where I am unfortuantly. sad.png

Edited by Sugarkissh20

OMG i get cysts and other kinds of pimples the same areas as you! i dont get how this can be hormonal cause im 27yrs old!

I know and I cant stand them on my chin. I dont know if it is just me but it makes me not want to eat or anything cause it feels really uncomfortable with this monster on my face.

rolleyes.gif

That's weird, you've advertised your product in every post you made.

That's weird, you didn't report it wink.png

your skins about where mine is at, I have a few spots left over from ALL the stuff im using to contain them. People would think I have pretty mild acne and just a REALLY red and oily face...but they don't understand what I am keeping away and how bad it really is. Id rather have red then acne though

Your skin doesnt look bad atall, I wouldnt mind trading =P looks a little irritated and oily but as for spots not bad atall.

I hope I am able to contain it, the cyst finally came to the surface and woo. its not a pretty sight, its probably going to leave a scar. I am hoping that these are not going to occur often, id really like to stop taking pills.. =\ It is so frustating cause im 24 yrs old. I should be worrying about other things, not acne. huh.png