Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lalaland90

Antibiotics Before Accutane

I go back into the dermatologist friday to see if I can get on accutane. I've been taking minocycline, I'm pretty sure the derm told me to keep taking my minocycline until I started accutane but I'm not positive. I've read that your body should be clear of antibiotics before starting accutane. So has anyone been on mino right up until they started accutane?!

I go back into the dermatologist friday to see if I can get on accutane. I've been taking minocycline, I'm pretty sure the derm told me to keep taking my minocycline until I started accutane but I'm not positive. I've read that your body should be clear of antibiotics before starting accutane. So has anyone been on mino right up until they started accutane?!

just keep taking mino till ur appointment and ask ur derm.

u will have to take ur blood test before u start taking accutane and it takes about 5 days for the results to come back anyway.

Its only tetracylines that they are concerned about.

I was taking tetracyline so had to wait a few weeks before starting accutane. But i was put on trimithoprim for then and also whilst on accutane. You should be fine.

I was on minocycline / differin xp right up to when i started accutane. I'm not sure if it was the antibiotics, or the fact that I started on a low dose that I didn't have a bad initial breakout. but something worked!

Its only tetracylines that they are concerned about.

I was taking tetracyline so had to wait a few weeks before starting accutane. But i was put on trimithoprim for then and also whilst on accutane. You should be fine.

Doxycycline and Minocycline are also the same class of antibiotics as tetracycline and there is a similar recommendation for not taking them while on accutane. They are all generically referred to as "tetracyclines."