Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So I have had cystic acne since I was 13 I am now 18 its nothing new to me. My acne seemed to clear up almost completely last year and then it came back with a vengeance, the gift of cystic acne...anyways I heard Tea Tree Oil worked wonders, I heard its bad to use 100% tto on skin I didn't read this until now. Last night I used it undiluted as a spot treatment on my acne, is that bad? Nothing seemed wrong.

I was wondering what would be best to dilute it with. I heard Emu oil and jojoba oil were good options but I have very oily skin and I'm worried of breaking out more than I already have. Also, I use an oil free moisturizer from neutrogena and it contains salicylic acid, could I add a few drops of tto? Or will this cause adverse effects since it already contains salicylic acid? Please help I need help on this, thank you.

Cysts in your chin? All over?

I always use tea trea oil pure. Pure could be irritating but I never got severely irritated by using it. Try it.

For inflammated cysts I use Bioderma Sebium AI as spot treatment and also works well for me.

If you mix, you will increase the chance to irritate your skin.

What I usually do first is apply the active that reduces infection; tea tree, and when the inflammation has ceased, you can use

the queratolitic.

I don't recomend you to use as a global moisturizer for your face one that is medicated. You're gonna apply salicylic in areas that are not affected?

I love Avene hydrance ultralight for oily skin, calms, soothes and moisturizes as a global moisturizer.

Its on my chin and on areas around my cheeks. Not small either the ones on my chin about a dime size or smaller and bigger ones on my cheeks. I have been using salicylic acid for couple months the neutrogena brand at walmart since I am on a tight budget. It worked for a while but then I broke out out of nowhere. And yes I use an oil free hydrating acne treatment with salicylic on unaffected areas.

And pure tto as spot treatment as of yesterday..

Btw, how much was the Avene hydrance moisturizer?

So I have had cystic acne since I was 13 I am now 18 its nothing new to me. My acne seemed to clear up almost completely last year and then it came back with a vengeance, the gift of cystic acne...anyways I heard Tea Tree Oil worked wonders, I heard its bad to use 100% tto on skin I didn't read this until now. Last night I used it undiluted as a spot treatment on my acne, is that bad? Nothing seemed wrong.

I was wondering what would be best to dilute it with. I heard Emu oil and jojoba oil were good options but I have very oily skin and I'm worried of breaking out more than I already have. Also, I use an oil free moisturizer from neutrogena and it contains salicylic acid, could I add a few drops of tto? Or will this cause adverse effects since it already contains salicylic acid? Please help I need help on this, thank you.

Tea Tree Oil when it's not diluted can make you peel like a MF. You won't feel a noticeable tingling sensation and it won't burn but irritation can occur slowly. I found that if I didn't dilute it, my skin would peel and acne + peeling = shit.

If I were you, I'd get a small spray bottle, fill it about half way or 3/4 of the way with filtered water then add the last 1/4 or so of Tea Tree Oil. You could dip a Q-tip in the mixture and apply to the spots, just make sure to shake the bottle before doing so.

I have cystic, hormonal acne as well and while this didn't really help too much with that, it did make me feel very refreshed and it can dry up existing whiteheads because of it's antifungal/antiseptic properties.

Thank you I will try that tonight. Is there any products you might suggest for cystic? I really need some new products to try, thanks.

Hey there.

I was in the exact situation - developed terrible cystic acne in junior high & have been dealing with it ever since. But now my face has finally been clearing up.

I think the biggest difference was made with Cod Liver Oil and Green Tea. I've been taking a tablespoon of Cod Liver Oil every day for about a month now. I find that it speeds up the healing process. Before, my acne would take a week+ to go away. Now, it only takes a couple of days. Green Tea, though... it's a lifesaver. I started drinking two cups a day and my skin is soo smooth and I haven't gotten a pimple since. Albeit, it's only been four days. Still... it can only get better.

& I also use Tea Tree Oil as a spot treatment. If I get dry, I moisturize (at night) with Vitamin E Oil.

If you suffer terrible breakouts around that time of the month, I hear taking Aleve will help also.

Edited by MitchiLynn

Can I ask a question.

I have 100% tea tree oil diluted to about 25% but i did not use distilled water, just regular water.

Does it need to be distilled because if so it currently feels way to harsh on my skin and i have tough skin, so im wondering if the oil just floats to the top, which would not happen if the water was distilled?

Can anyone clarify?

Hey there.

I was in the exact situation - developed terrible cystic acne in junior high & have been dealing with it ever since. But now my face has finally been clearing up.

I think the biggest difference was made with Cod Liver Oil and Green Tea. I've been taking a tablespoon of Cod Liver Oil every day for about a month now. I find that it speeds up the healing process. Before, my acne would take a week+ to go away. Now, it only takes a couple of days. Green Tea, though... it's a lifesaver. I started drinking two cups a day and my skin is soo smooth and I haven't gotten a pimple since. Albeit, it's only been four days. Still... it can only get better.

& I also use Tea Tree Oil as a spot treatment. If I get dry, I moisturize (at night) with Vitamin E Oil.

If you suffer terrible breakouts around that time of the month, I hear taking Aleve will help also.

Thanks for the suggestion I'll give it a try, where do you purchase the cod liver oil?

And actually I started drinking green tea as well once every night I should try twice a day as well. I heard it helps a lot too.

And also do you dilute your tto? or just pure?

Thanks so much its nice knowing im not the only one going through this

Wow the same thing happened to me 8mons ago. I developed nasty, severe, acne on my chin. I used tea tree oil and found out I was allergic. It made my tongue numb and swell, lips too, and skin red lol.....anyway nothing worked as far as topicals, I took tetracycline, got back on ortho-tri-cyclen and started accutane. Acne on the chin hurt! And they were big and red! *sigh* good luck with it, just dilute it as the instructions recommend.

I tried diluting my tea tree oil (with tap water), last night - about 50/50 - and I didn't really notice a difference. I guess I'll continue doing it though, since apparently pure tea tree oil isn't good for your skin anyway.

& you can buy it at Walmart, in the vitamin section. I'm pretty sure they have capsules - which most people prefer 'cause the natural consistency is gross - but I stick with the liquid. I just take a tablespoon full of it and, with it still in my mouth, I immediately drink a glass of water so that you can't feel the oily consistency go down. I've actually decided to stop taking it, just to see if I can do without it and drink green tea instead.

Yeah, I wish I found this site earlier - it would've made the last five years soo much less miserable. Lol.

Wow the same thing happened to me 8mons ago. I developed nasty, severe, acne on my chin. I used tea tree oil and found out I was allergic. It made my tongue numb and swell, lips too, and skin red lol.....anyway nothing worked as far as topicals, I took tetracycline, got back on ortho-tri-cyclen and started accutane. Acne on the chin hurt! And they were big and red! *sigh* good luck with it, just dilute it as the instructions recommend.

Im sorry about that, I know how much that sucks.

Actually, I take ortho-tri-cyclen lo and when I started taking it, it completely cleared up then I got off and it came back now im on it again but nothings clearing up :(

I take antibiotics now and i would like to know if it works on my acne - i put it on half of my forehead - the problem is i wouldnt know if it works cause my antibiotics allready prevents new white heads to appear - is it supose to affect also the red marks ??

i wish to find something that will work when the antibiotics will stop working but the problem is they allready do work so its hard to know what helps the antibiotics or the TTO

kpadil - did it help you ?

MitchiLynn - do you drink it ?

I take antibiotics now and i would like to know if it works on my acne - i put it on half of my forehead - the problem is i wouldnt know if it works cause my antibiotics allready prevents new white heads to appear - is it supose to affect also the red marks ??

i wish to find something that will work when the antibiotics will stop working but the problem is they allready do work so its hard to know what helps the antibiotics or the TTO

TTO has helped with some cysts that show up on my face. For me it helps them go down faster than they would by themselves, I just dip a q-tip and dap it on. It's very strong.

I heard TTO is only effective as a spot treatment, so aside from the antibiotics find a good cleanser as well.

Do I drink Tea Tree Oil? If that's what you mean, no I don't.

I do the Oil Cleansing Method and use a blend of Olive Oil and Tea Tree Oil. It definitely works to clear my face.

I would steer away from using Tea Tree Oil undiluted as it could irritate your face and lead to more breakouts. The oil is very potent so you only need a little bit to get results. Save your skin from the unnecessary harshness.