Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

damn, so when i was 16 yrs old was my first round with acne ,I got clear and went off medication. Then my senior year when i was 17 mostly clear and by graduation it came again and worse than the 1st time, went back to the dermatologist and was cleared after like 5 months. The acne was really bad i quite my job and held off school.college. left bad scarring and it sucks. Now i got off the medication and my acne is back but not as severe as before so right now im on my 3rd round, hopefully it subsides, i really believe so ive been drinking plenty of water and im 19 so that might be helping, but how many rounds have you guys delt with acne, whre you was pretty clear but then it came back?

Edited by jr0615

I'm still on the 'first round' of it, nearly 5 years and it still hasn't cleared up once!

It did however, get a lot better when I started using Dan's regimen about 2 years ago. Its still here but I'm hoping it will go in the next year or two as I get older.

I think its good you are drinking plenty of water, it helps a lot with the redness thats spots leave on your face it seems (and its good for your health anyway!).

You seem lucky in that you seem to get periods of time where you are clear, is sucks that it doesn't work out like that for all of us

Hope it clears up for you soon

Edited by MJRI94

I've never had any periods where it's fully cleared up and then come back later. Goes through varying degrees, but it's constantly been there for thirteen years. I really admire its dedication to be honest! :lol:

I'm on my second round. I had acne in late 2009 and then it cleared up in the summer of 2010. It all came back this summer, and I'm trying to clear it up. I have hope it will! Anyways, good luck :)

2001: Freshman year hs: Severe acne. Disgusting stuff.

2005: Senior year: Moderate acne. Less disgusting but still disgusting.

2007: College: I don't remember but it was bad. I blocked out the pimples but the scars are still here. I would call my scars in the tzone mild to moderate. I have ice pick scars on my cheeks but those don't bother me.

2011: Mild but persistent. Going to a derm next week. Fuck acne.

My skin clears up completely in the summer, then the acne comes back full swing in the fall/winter, then starts to go away again in the spring. It probably has a lot to do with school stress.

My skin clears up completely in the summer, then the acne comes back full swing in the fall/winter, then starts to go away again in the spring. It probably has a lot to do with school stress.

This is exactly what happens to me! DX bleh The universe is just mocking me during the summer, then school starts and it's like "Oh, you thought you were clearing up? No! Here's your acne, enjoy!" rawr