Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest mariacne

Post Deleted.

Guest mariacne

Post Deleted.

Edited by mariacne

thats incredibly interesting as I too match the symptoms. My acne is very hormonal but i suppose hormonal issues could be caused with this issue. Can it be permanently treated if this is the cause..eating just cooked veggies and meat would be so hard.. i love the raw type and fruit :/ what would be the approach to go about fixing this issue? I read your links attached but I'm a little lost where one would start to help..would there be certain supplements to invest in ?

Guest mariacne

I've tried the whole avoid foods things and it did nothing for me, now I just eat a balanced diet - as I mentioned above, I'm currently taking Slippery Elm after my meals, as it heals the Ileocecal Valve. Whether it will work I'm not sure, which is why I'm posting this to see if anyone can shed any light. Why do you say your acne is hormonal? Have you had tests? But yes, when nutrients are being used up to fight this waste battle, it doesn't leave much left over for hormonal health.

Edited by mariacne

I've tried the whole avoid foods things and it did nothing for me, now I just eat a balanced diet - as I mentioned above, I'm currently taking Slippery Elm after my meals, as it heals the Ileocecal Valve. Whether it will work I'm not sure, which is why I'm posting this to see if anyone can shed any light. Why do you say your acne is hormonal? Have you had tests? But yes, when nutrients are being used up to fight this waste battle, it doesn't leave much left over for hormonal health.

I'll have to look up slippery elm, I'd have no clue where to get it haha. I believe my acne is hormonal because its incredibly unpredictable, it gets intense 1-2 weeks before my period and literally the first and last day of my period my face is crystal clear and the acne is all around my chin/jaw and a bit of the cheeks/neck.

I had a look at the video about closing it..although I'm sure what I did, was completely wrong haha. I was reading up that a chiropractor can help but they cost so much money :/ I'm curious..if it is stuck open..is there nothing from stopping it to get stuck open every time it does open? would that mean we'd forever need to try and manually close if that even works? hm :/

I registered an account specifically to respond to this. Be careful with self-diagnosis. The sources you have aren't reputable and a lot of "natural" treatments can be more dangerous than traditional medicines. The websites you cited are not peer reviewed and use a metaphysical basis for their claims which is, to be frank, a bunch of garbage.

People have a tendency resort to an unlikely scenario to explain what's going on with them if they don't see desired outcomes. "Well, my skin isn't clearing up, it must be some obscure disease."

Ileocecal Valve Syndrome is very rare, and the chance that you have it is very small.

Guest mariacne

I'll have to look up slippery elm, I'd have no clue where to get it haha. I believe my acne is hormonal because its incredibly unpredictable, it gets intense 1-2 weeks before my period and literally the first and last day of my period my face is crystal clear and the acne is all around my chin/jaw and a bit of the cheeks/neck.

I had a look at the video about closing it..although I'm sure what I did, was completely wrong haha. I was reading up that a chiropractor can help but they cost so much money :/ I'm curious..if it is stuck open..is there nothing from stopping it to get stuck open every time it does open? would that mean we'd forever need to try and manually close if that even works? hm :/

I wish my skin was clear some of the month, you're probably suffering from estrogen dominance, most women suffer this type of acne. It can normally be sorted out with the Birth Control Pill from your Dr, Zinc or a herbal remedy like Agnus Castus or another option is Progesterone Cream, hope this helps.

Guest mariacne

I registered an account specifically to respond to this. Be careful with self-diagnosis. The sources you have aren't reputable and a lot of "natural" treatments can be more dangerous than traditional medicines. The websites you cited are not peer reviewed and use a metaphysical basis for their claims which is, to be frank, a bunch of garbage.

People have a tendency resort to an unlikely scenario to explain what's going on with them if they don't see desired outcomes. "Well, my skin isn't clearing up, it must be some obscure disease."

Ileocecal Valve Syndrome is very rare, and the chance that you have it is very small.

Acne isn't my only symptom, and my illness has baffled my Dr's, if I have a rare problem with my health it wouldn't surprise me.

Herbal products aren't anywhere near as dangerous as Pharmaceutical Drugs.

I think it's sad you should create an account just to stamp on the hopes of someone who suffers so much and for so long.

But then I was waiting for someone from the Pharmaceutical Payroll to try and brainwash me to think otherwise.

My intent isn't to axe your hopes. I can't imagine anyone seeking a legitimate treatment would want to be misled by anecdotes and opinions on a metaphysical webpage. If what you've read and led you to believe you suffer from this rare disorder, by all means communicate your concerns with your doctor and s/he can make the appropriate diagnosis.

I wish my skin was clear some of the month, you're probably suffering from estrogen dominance, most women suffer this type of acne. It can normally be sorted out with the Birth Control Pill from your Dr, Zinc or a herbal remedy like Agnus Castus or another option is Progesterone Cream, hope this helps.

Thanks for your help :) I'm actually on bcp Diane but its not keeping me clear I'm not sure what that means. I took spiro and that kept me very. Clear. But deided to stop and try a natural approach. No luck thus far. I was considering a hormone altering herb but there's so many out there and even whilst on the pill I'm not sure my exact hormonal imbalance so I didn't know which one to be on :/ I didn't wanna make things worse. Even if you take a herbal hormonal supplement if it works and you stop it will the acne come back much like meds? I'm taking a few herbs ATM from my nutritionist to help with my liver and stress. Perhaps the next step is a hormonal hen because nothing is making a difference. Every month it's the same pimples mainly throughout the whole month. Gets worse 2 weeks before first day of period my face is clear and last day is clear. Then it comes back :( anti androgens only ever helped me. Even topical, chopped up some spiro and used nizoral which helped but can't keep doing that. Hm. Wish I knew why my body is doing this and how to fix it permanently if that's even possible :/ diet doesn't seem to affect my acne/hormones at all.

Interesting, some of these symptoms sound like me... aside from just the acne. I'll bring this up with my naturopath next week.

This syndrome sounds a lot like "Leaky Gut" to me when it's stuck open, and when I googled the two together and lots of results came up. So, no matter what your diet, your body will become allergic because the food particles are too large and your body is identifying them as an allergen.

Two things:

Diet changes won't help unless you are getting tested to see what specific foods you are sensitive to (IgG test). Otherwise, you are just playing a guessing game and cutting out what most people are allergic to.

I strongly disagree with the recommendation of BCP for Estrogen Dominance. I've been treated for it coming up on 2 years now and my doctor said BCP are probably what threw my hormones out of balance in the first place (I've was on progesterone only pills). There's also the "progesterone steal", which is a cyclical problem unless you fix the cause. BCP may help in the short term, but what your body really needs is to heal. I would find a good naturopath if you think any of these may be your problem (Finding a Bastyr grad is a good place to start).

Also, my mother-in-law is physical therapist who practices light touch therapy. This used to drive my husband crazy, he thought it was quackery. However, when he got sick with the flu and never got better (aka chronic fatigue syndrome), she helped him more than anyone. She can get some releases in his fascia, muscles, etc that helps him so much. I wonder in light touch therapy could help un-stick the valve. Further testament to light touch: a colleague of her's treated my little sister who was run over by a car years ago and has had IBS ever since. One treatment and she could tell the difference. The PT even adjusted her spleen which was almost in the middle of her body (supposed to be off to the side).

Edited by 4Fours

Guest mariacne

Thanks for your help smile.png I'm actually on bcp Diane but its not keeping me clear I'm not sure what that means. I took spiro and that kept me very. Clear. But deided to stop and try a natural approach. No luck thus far. I was considering a hormone altering herb but there's so many out there and even whilst on the pill I'm not sure my exact hormonal imbalance so I didn't know which one to be on :/ I didn't wanna make things worse. Even if you take a herbal hormonal supplement if it works and you stop it will the acne come back much like meds? I'm taking a few herbs ATM from my nutritionist to help with my liver and stress. Perhaps the next step is a hormonal hen because nothing is making a difference. Every month it's the same pimples mainly throughout the whole month. Gets worse 2 weeks before first day of period my face is clear and last day is clear. Then it comes back sad.png anti androgens only ever helped me. Even topical, chopped up some spiro and used nizoral which helped but can't keep doing that. Hm. Wish I knew why my body is doing this and how to fix it permanently if that's even possible :/ diet doesn't seem to affect my acne/hormones at all.

Well Spiro works by blocking androgens - so a natural alternative to that would be Saw Palmetto (expensive) or a cheaper option is to drink 2-3 cups of Peppermint or Spearmint tea a day (have a google). I wouldn't waste your time with the whole liver/stress stuff, it's like look at alcoholics - with terrible livers - do they have acne? No - and stress, acne makes me stressed not the other way around. I got pulled into that whole stress/liver crap once before, I think unless you are diagnosed with overactive adrenals or liver dysfunction, it'a not going to be the cause of your acne. Stress actually makes my acne better lol

Interesting, some of these symptoms sound like me... aside from just the acne. I'll bring this up with my naturopath next week.

This syndrome sounds a lot like "Leaky Gut" to me when it's stuck open, and when I googled the two together and lots of results came up. So, no matter what your diet, your body will become allergic because the food particles are too large and your body is identifying them as an allergen.

Two things:

Diet changes won't help unless you are getting tested to see what specific foods you are sensitive to (IgG test). Otherwise, you are just playing a guessing game and cutting out what most people are allergic to.

I strongly disagree with the recommendation of BCP for Estrogen Dominance. I've been treated for it coming up on 2 years now and my doctor said BCP are probably what threw my hormones out of balance in the first place (I've was on progesterone only pills). There's also the "progesterone steal", which is a cyclical problem unless you fix the cause. BCP may help in the short term, but what your body really needs is to heal. I would find a good naturopath if you think any of these may be your problem (Finding a Bastyr grad is a good place to start).

Also, my mother-in-law is physical therapist who practices light touch therapy. This used to drive my husband crazy, he thought it was quackery. However, when he got sick with the flu and never got better (aka chronic fatigue syndrome), she helped him more than anyone. She can get some releases in his fascia, muscles, etc that helps him so much. I wonder in light touch therapy could help un-stick the valve. Further testament to light touch: a colleague of her's treated my little sister who was run over by a car years ago and has had IBS ever since. One treatment and she could tell the difference. The PT even adjusted her spleen which was almost in the middle of her body (supposed to be off to the side).

Yes I think you are right about the leaky gut thing - I've had leaky gut and food intolerances ruled out so I won't be continuing with this theory.

Two things:

you mentioned diet change wont help leaky gut :/ how can one fix leaky gut then and heal, im really confused on what to do.

would you also be able to explain the BCP thing a little more? :) im not sure if i was estrogen dominant but i was on a levlen for a bit and that certainly is not meant for acne, if fact its one of the pills that often can cause it i heard but anyway i was on that and was fine as and then all of a sudden my acne started and i jumped right onto diane because its recommended for people with hormonal acne. again, its not keeping me clear at all only the spiro did so im not sure what to do because my face was horrible on levlen and much weaker pill but my face is also horrible on diane now. im not sure if im estrogen dominant im not sure how to tell.

Thanks for your help smile.png I'm actually on bcp Diane but its not keeping me clear I'm not sure what that means. I took spiro and that kept me very. Clear. But deided to stop and try a natural approach. No luck thus far. I was considering a hormone altering herb but there's so many out there and even whilst on the pill I'm not sure my exact hormonal imbalance so I didn't know which one to be on :/ I didn't wanna make things worse. Even if you take a herbal hormonal supplement if it works and you stop it will the acne come back much like meds? I'm taking a few herbs ATM from my nutritionist to help with my liver and stress. Perhaps the next step is a hormonal hen because nothing is making a difference. Every month it's the same pimples mainly throughout the whole month. Gets worse 2 weeks before first day of period my face is clear and last day is clear. Then it comes back sad.png anti androgens only ever helped me. Even topical, chopped up some spiro and used nizoral which helped but can't keep doing that. Hm. Wish I knew why my body is doing this and how to fix it permanently if that's even possible :/ diet doesn't seem to affect my acne/hormones at all.

Well Spiro works by blocking androgens - so a natural alternative to that would be Saw Palmetto (expensive) or a cheaper option is to drink 2-3 cups of Peppermint or Spearmint tea a day (have a google). I wouldn't waste your time with the whole liver/stress stuff, it's like look at alcoholics - with terrible livers - do they have acne? No - and stress, acne makes me stressed not the other way around. I got pulled into that whole stress/liver crap once before, I think unless you are diagnosed with overactive adrenals or liver dysfunction, it'a not going to be the cause of your acne. Stress actually makes my acne better lol

Two things:

Yes I think you are right about the leaky gut thing - I've had leaky gut and food intolerances ruled out so I won't be continuing with this theory.

yeah i was almost considering getting off the pill and going on a high dose of spire but i am quite scared to get off the pill and sort of using it for the real reason of contraceptive. im just so curious why all of a sudden androgens are affecting me like BAM all of a sudden for no explained reason.

i was considering saw palmetto but would that be safe to take on the pill, what exactly does it do does it alter hormones? and if so which ones ? is it effective do you know?

im a bit concerned now and well..depressed a lil you mentioned not to worry about the liver thing or stress when im so lost. i have no idea how to fix my hormonal acne and it just keeps happening and people suggest so much like it all starts in the liver and im convinced more so because my nutritionist is focusing on my stress levels and liver because i was a previous decent alcoholic plus have been on bcp for 4 years or so and the stress due to not wanting more hormones to keep being released.

but yeah i don't know where to turn anymore -_-

what type of acne did you have and how are you controlling it?

Guest mariacne

Two things:

you mentioned diet change wont help leaky gut :/ how can one fix leaky gut then and heal, im really confused on what to do.

would you also be able to explain the BCP thing a little more? smile.png im not sure if i was estrogen dominant but i was on a levlen for a bit and that certainly is not meant for acne, if fact its one of the pills that often can cause it i heard but anyway i was on that and was fine as and then all of a sudden my acne started and i jumped right onto diane because its recommended for people with hormonal acne. again, its not keeping me clear at all only the spiro did so im not sure what to do because my face was horrible on levlen and much weaker pill but my face is also horrible on diane now. im not sure if im estrogen dominant im not sure how to tell.

Two things:

yeah i was almost considering getting off the pill and going on a high dose of spire but i am quite scared to get off the pill and sort of using it for the real reason of contraceptive. im just so curious why all of a sudden androgens are affecting me like BAM all of a sudden for no explained reason.

i was considering saw palmetto but would that be safe to take on the pill, what exactly does it do does it alter hormones? and if so which ones ? is it effective do you know?

im a bit concerned now and well..depressed a lil you mentioned not to worry about the liver thing or stress when im so lost. i have no idea how to fix my hormonal acne and it just keeps happening and people suggest so much like it all starts in the liver and im convinced more so because my nutritionist is focusing on my stress levels and liver because i was a previous decent alcoholic plus have been on bcp for 4 years or so and the stress due to not wanting more hormones to keep being released.

Saw Palmetto or Peppermint Tea or Spearmint Tea block androgens in the body without the nasty side effects that drugs like Spiro or Dianette have - why don't you google it? But it will only cure your acne, if your acne is caused by androgens - and seeing as Spiro cleared your skin that's highly likely. I didn't meant to depress you about the liver thing, I just think you're relying on people's advice too much, you need to weigh up treatments you've tried, when your acne occurs, is it after a food, certain time of the month - google it and come up with your own answers. You said yourself you think your acne is hormonal - so why would you waste your time with the liver thing, I just think unless you've been diagnosed with a liver dysfunction you needn't worry.

By the way to answer your question - why am I suddenly having a reaction to androgens - do you know, that alcohol suppresses androgens (testosterone) in the

body, now that you're off the alcohol - bing - androgen levels are up! It's likely you just need to lower them to cure your acne.

I do not have an acne cure! That's the thing, I envy people like you with a bit of hormonal acne, there are so many ways to treat it - but my acne really is a mystery. Good luck!

Two things:

would you also be able to explain the BCP thing a little more? smile.png im not sure if i was estrogen dominant but i was on a levlen for a bit and that certainly is not meant for acne, if fact its one of the pills that often can cause it i heard but anyway i was on that and was fine as and then all of a sudden my acne started and i jumped right onto diane because its recommended for people with hormonal acne. again, its not keeping me clear at all only the spiro did so im not sure what to do because my face was horrible on levlen and much weaker pill but my face is also horrible on diane now. im not sure if im estrogen dominant im not sure how to tell.

Two things:

Saw Palmetto or Peppermint Tea or Spearmint Tea block androgens in the body without the nasty side effects that drugs like Spiro or Dianette have - why don't you google it? But it will only cure your acne, if your acne is caused by androgens - and seeing as Spiro cleared your skin that's highly likely. I didn't meant to depress you about the liver thing, I just think you're relying on people's advice too much, you need to weigh up treatments you've tried, when your acne occurs, is it after a food, certain time of the month - google it and come up with your own answers. You said yourself you think your acne is hormonal - so why would you waste your time with the liver thing, I just think unless you've been diagnosed with a liver dysfunction you needn't worry.

By the way to answer your question - why am I suddenly having a reaction to androgens - do you know, that alcohol suppresses androgens (testosterone) in the

body, now that you're off the alcohol - bing - androgen levels are up! It's likely you just need to lower them to cure your acne.

I do not have an acne cure! That's the thing, I envy people like you with a bit of hormonal acne, there are so many ways to treat it - but my acne really is a mystery. Good luck!

thankyou for your reply. i have tried spearmint tea but it didnt have an affect on me :/ in fact i didnt even have any negative side effects of spiro, it worked so well on only 25mg but i was wanting to attempt a natural route to feel in control (of course hasnt happened yet ha).

I also was drinking a lot when my acne started, had been drinking a lot for a year and then it started amongst the drinking, possibly why i thought my liver could be an issue and why perhaps diane isnt keeping me clear at all . possibly not oddly though in the past year when i drink sparingly on an important occasion my skin does look better.

the nutritionist decided to go the stress/liver route as i did mentioned the heavy alcohol drinking (despite a doctor running a liver test and it came back normal). he just said my liver is being taxed or i would be filtering everything properly and wouldnt have acne. he seems to dismiss the idea of focusing just on hormonal treatment (i asked a few times) but he then reverted back to what a lot of people on acne.org are saying by making sure your entire body is functioning properly but honestly i feel fine, i dont seem to break out when eating certain foods, i sleep very well, exercise. the list goes on. for real i find no foods affect me good or bad, or topicals or supplements. after everything ive changed this year honestly not one thing seems to actually affect me. i just stay neutral. yet my acne is certainly gone crazy around my chin/lower cheeks/jaw and now neck..and a bit on my chest. practically screams hormonal but of course the nutritionist is telling me im going to break out more whilst im on these herbs etc because my liver is detoxing. god i hope he's right :/ anyways point is haha, i think id rather be allergic to something and know how to avoid getting acne. the fact that even if i take out dairy or sugar or wheat ( have for aggess) doesn't affect me is really odd and confusing :/ kinda makes me really question so much on these boards sadly because i know what people say is true, but just doesnt work for me :S then i sit back and go "how the hell can all this lifestyle and diet change not work one bit but a little 25mg of spiro keep the nasties away" its a bit incredible but im kinda determined to not go back on spiro yet because i doubt the doc will perscribe it again and i want to see if i can clear myself first through something else naturally, to feel in control for when i come off the pill :S

Also, with the spearmint tea, I had about 2 cups a day, im surprised it hasnt really had an affect considering i was on such a low spiro dose. I also noticed when i used nizoal dandruff shampoo on my face i'll clear up completely (but then also dry out horribly). The nizoral is a weak anti-androgen so i know thats my problem. just kinda wish i knew what tipped me over that edge for these androgens to affect me so, so yeah..time will tell :S

im curious about your acne. how long have you had it?

I'm a little confused with all the quotes which questions are directed at me. Let me know if I missed something.

I brought up the illocecal valve issue to my naturopath. She said based on my symptoms, type of acne, other things I am on... my acne's root cause is probably not from digestion. I've never had problems with my digestion and my liver levels looked excellent. She also listened to my stomach and said everything sounds good. That said, she recommended I take my digestive enzyme "Similase" with every meal, which might help my acne. But in the end, she thinks it's hormonal, and has decreased my progesterone to see if that helps. I have to watch and see if my depression gets worse though. She also prescribed me niacinamide which I know has been brought up on the .org before. And as I type this, I just got the package from the compounding pharmacy, so I'll start it tonight. She said she's seen it clear up other patient's more severe acne, so hopefully it will help me.

Leaky gut can be caused by lots of things, there's a good write up about it on wiki. I only know about it second hand, because it was brought up with my husband's illness. I'm not that knowledgeable about it, but my husband made great gains with that problem taking digestive enzymes, cod liver oil and probiotics. Now his body doesn't "freak out" with allergic reactions to everything he eats the way it used to. Not sure if it can contribute to acne, but to me it makes sense if you believe the digestion/acne connection.

Estrogen dominance is really progesterone deficiency. But I am not having luck with treating estrogen dominance for acne. The progesterone makes my acne worse, but my depression is a lot better. I asked her if I am weird that the treatment isn't helping my acne, and she said "No, acne is a symptom of estrogen dominance, but it's also a symptom of being on progesterone. Most people's acne gets worse on progesterone." I personally wouldn't take heavy duty hormone balancing herbs without being monitored by a doc. My naturopath tests my hormones every 6 months, so we can determine if our treatment is helping. Flying blind would be scary to me.

Guest mariacne

post deleted.

Edited by mariacne

Guest mariacne

post deleted.

Edited by mariacne