Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
srbhvatsa

Change In My Regimen..... Is It Good?

Hello guys, this is my first post after joining the site.....

i m 20 yr old now and i was suffering from acne since 3 yrs........ i started seeing a dermo last yr and now my acne has improved a lot but still sometimes i get 3-4 pimples in month......... so to tackle this 3-4 pimple problem i also started following the regimen.......

Regimen i use (started a week ago)

Morning:

1.wash my face with warm water and cleanse with clean and clear deep action cleanser ( my skin is oily on T-zone)

2. WAit for face to dry and thn use 2.5% benzac AC on whole face ( just in a small amount....hardly pea size on hole face)

3. Wait for 5 min and then apply clean and clear Oil free skin balancing moisturizer having salicylic acid.

Evening:

1. Very very light cleansing

2. Apply natural aloe vera leaf pulp on whole face and wash after 2 hrs

Night:

1. again very light cleansing with same face wash

2. Apply 2.5% BP and adapelene on marks(my dermo said to apply adapelene to fade marks)

3. wait for 10 min and then again apply skin balancing moisturizer

Now what i have decided to do after i heard that Benzoyl peroxide causes skin to heal slow and makes marks last longer.......... personally i never faced this issue bt after reading on many sites about this i m now scared to apply benzac ac regularly.........

So here is the change which i have decided to do in my regimen.....

Morning:

Same as stated above

Evening:

same as stated above

NIGHT:

1. same

2. Avoid benzac AC and use adaplene on spots and use a skin lightening cream having arbutin on whole face

Scrubbing with garnier pure active scrub 2 times a week

Also i'll apply neutrogena oil free spf15 moisturizer in morning when i'll get out in sun

i also started taking doxycycline capsules which i stopped takin 3months ago.............

SO my ques is....... IS THIS REGIMEN GOOD FOR ME OR ANY OTHER CHANGES SHOULD BE MADE??

PLZ SUGGEST........ MY SKIN IS OILY ON T-ZONE AND LESS OILY ON OTHER PARTS OF FACE

Edited by srbhvatsa