Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
anisabby

Those Who Is/was On The Regimen & Did Not Use The Moisturizer..

What do you use? And did you switch right away or did you wait til the suggested amount of time until you switched?

Also is there anyone who just used alternate products, can you name which products were used?

Im on the regimen and im not using dans moisturizer .

Mainly because some people experienced breakouts and it just didnt have good reviews . Since Im very sensitive to a lot of products I just didnt want to risk it .

Im just moisturizing with a few drops of Extra Virgin Olive oil and its working ok for now, But im still on the hunt for a new moisturizer . Might try the complex 15 one eusa_think.gif are you using dans moisturizer ?

well i was using the regimen about 6 months ago and stopped after a couple of weeks because i absolutely hated the moisturizer :snooty: i would like to try again but thinking of using purpose cleanser, dan's bp, and now i'm on the hunt for a moisturizer. for now i am using just products that i have around

well yeah im with you on this one ... I saw one im interested on which was by a brand beauty without cruelty (BWC) and its their "oil free" moisturizer . I might try it IDK yet ...huh.png

Edited by Kaylei

reading all your comments help me a lot. with me, waiting for my regimen in the mail to come i am already planning on getting an alternative moisturizer just cause i want spf during daytime.

I don't use dans moisturizer. Haven't liked the reviews so I never even tried it. I am currently using cetaphil moisturizing lotion. It works great, the only drawback is that it feels kinda greasy and can take a little longer than Dan says to absorb because it is a thicker lotion. But I like it overall and it hasn't made me break out. Other moisturizers either broke me out, or didn't moisturizer enough and I had flakes and dry spots about 20 min after applying. This stuff moisturizes great and I'd recommend it to anyone to at least try. I currently am using purpose gentle cleanser, dans bp, and cetaphil lotion. Was using clean and clear foaming facial cleanser before but it was way too drying for me because it is antibacterial. So I recently switched to purpose and I'm way less dry and more comfortable. I also use clean and clear persa gel 10 as spot treatment at night after I do the regimen on any new pimples I may see forming.

I also use Cetaphil moisturizing lotion. I don't like it that much though because it makes my skin VERY greasy. Does anyone know any other good moisturizers that don't make your face oily and have SPF? (I work outside)

I also use Cetaphil moisturizing lotion. I don't like it that much though because it makes my skin VERY greasy. Does anyone know any other good moisturizers that don't make your face oily and have SPF? (I work outside)

Have you tried the Olay moisturizer ? For sensitive skin spf15 . I bought it and love the consistency and it wasn't greasy , but broke me out since I'm sensitive to octinoxate but if you're not sensitive I ingredients/sunsc. I would suggest it !:) I gave it to my brother and he loves it

i agree with the other posters - cetaphil has been a life saver for me as i entered the dry/flaky stage of adjusting to the regimen. i have recently hit my stride with DKR and things are looking good as long as i apply cetaphil and wash my face as infrequently as possible.

cetaphil is pretty greasy. i suggest applying a minimal amount & add more if necessary. also, let it soak in for like 15 minutes before you apply anything else (makeup, etc.) and you should be good to go!

Good luck!

I'm a guy...I use Clinique's M Lotion for Men....it's awesome. I like cetaphil too.

(I also use clinique's liquid facewash for men as well)

I'm a guy...I use Clinique's M Lotion for Men....it's awesome. I like cetaphil too.

(I also use clinique's liquid facewash for men as well)

I agree with you, Sir!

Clinique might be a little expensive compared to some of the brands mentioned, but their Facewash, Moisturiser & Scruffing Lotions are amazing. I personally prefer the "M-Gel Lotion" to the "M-Lotion" as I find it absorbs better & leaves me feeling more hydrated but if you look at reviews out there...it's near as damn it 50/50 for preference.