Notifications
Clear all

My Subcision Treatments - East Coast Of The Usa

MemberMember
(@feelsgood)

Posted : 12/11/2011 11:39 pm

Hello, I would like to start out by thanking people like Mr.Matt on this board for sharing his experience with his subcision treatment. I also want to thank the people that I have messaged about their subcision treatment and anyone that created a thread discussing subcision in general.

These past few years, I've been looking up all sorts of treatments for my acne scars. I've spent hours upon hours on this board looking for some hope. My first treatment was Silicone Microdroplet Technique this time last year then I started microneedling at home, none of which made the improvements I was looking for.

I've been to two well-known doctors and both said they couldn't/wouldn't treat my scars and if they were to treat them, it would only be a select few for $700 a treatment. So around September while searching online, I found a name of a doctor that offered subcision for an inexpensive price. I made an appointment in October and had my first treatment the very same day. A few days ago was my 3rd treatment and the doctor hits 14-16 scars each time. I initially signed up for 3 treatments but I've added 2 more to make it a total of 5( strong math skills :] ).

My treatments has been going so well, even the doctor is surprised. The total cost of my 5 treatments is $1,400. It should have been $1,200 but I chose 3 treatments instead of 5 at first which I completely understand. During my 3rd treatment I asked my doctor if it was okay to give out his name because I do want to share what he has to offer and he said sure. However, I won't give out his name until I have my 4th treatment done which is next month, please respect that. You can PM me though and I'll be sure to provide it next month.

Attached is the picture of my scars before any subcision treatment and then there's pictures of me a few hours after my 3rd treatment. I'll update as I heal during this one and maybe upload other pictures of me during my first and 2nd treatment if I'm not too lazy.

l1MTM.jpg

Edit - I'm only showing the scars on my temples for now. I had my forehead, temples and cheeks treated. I'll show them later because the pictures are too big.

MemberMember
(@illmatic718)

Posted : 12/12/2011 12:33 am

good shit

how far apart were the subcisions?

MemberMember
(@collectedsoul)

Posted : 12/12/2011 12:33 am

Hey are those boxcar or rolling scars?

MemberMember
(@feelsgood)

Posted : 12/12/2011 12:42 am

good shit

how far apart were the subcisions?

Thanks. At first they wanted me to do it every 3 weeks but I schedule it every 4 weeks - 5 weeks depending if I'm busy or not. So, monthly intervals.

Hey are those boxcar or rolling scars?

Both, my temples are mainly boxcar scars though with some rolling scars.

MemberMember
(@collectedsoul)

Posted : 12/12/2011 1:09 am

How much improvement have you had?Does subcision really work for boxcar scars?I thought that they mainly did scar excision for boxcar and subcision for rolling.Good luck to you and keep us posted with new pictures!

MemberMember
(@greg098)

Posted : 12/12/2011 6:20 am

How much improvement have you had?Does subcision really work for boxcar scars?I thought that they mainly did scar excision for boxcar and subcision for rolling.Good luck to you and keep us posted with new pictures!

some of my boxcars have decreased with subcision however ive also found cutting a potato and rubbing it on your skin can also help the apperance of boxcar scars. I suggest you give it a try.

MemberMember
(@lianghaochen)

Posted : 12/12/2011 3:36 pm

Cool, any pics of between treatments?

MemberMember
(@mr-matt)

Posted : 12/23/2011 10:48 pm

Hello, I would like to start out by thanking people like Mr.Matt on this board for sharing his experience with his subcision treatment. I also want to thank the people that I have messaged about their subcision treatment and anyone that created a thread discussing subcision in general.

These past few years, I've been looking up all sorts of treatments for my acne scars. I've spent hours upon hours on this board looking for some hope. My first treatment was Silicone Microdroplet Technique this time last year then I started microneedling at home, none of which made the improvements I was looking for.

I've been to two well-known doctors and both said they couldn't/wouldn't treat my scars and if they were to treat them, it would only be a select few for $700 a treatment. So around September while searching online, I found a name of a doctor that offered subcision for an inexpensive price. I made an appointment in October and had my first treatment the very same day. A few days ago was my 3rd treatment and the doctor hits 14-16 scars each time. I initially signed up for 3 treatments but I've added 2 more to make it a total of 5( strong math skills :] ).

My treatments has been going so well, even the doctor is surprised. The total cost of my 5 treatments is $1,400. It should have been $1,200 but I chose 3 treatments instead of 5 at first which I completely understand. During my 3rd treatment I asked my doctor if it was okay to give out his name because I do want to share what he has to offer and he said sure. However, I won't give out his name until I have my 4th treatment done which is next month, please respect that. You can PM me though and I'll be sure to provide it next month.

Attached is the picture of my scars before any subcision treatment and then there's pictures of me a few hours after my 3rd treatment. I'll update as I heal during this one and maybe upload other pictures of me during my first and 2nd treatment if I'm not too lazy.

l1MTM.jpg

Edit - I'm only showing the scars on my temples for now. I had my forehead, temples and cheeks treated. I'll show them later because the pictures are too big.

I'm so glad to hear that subcision is working for you as it has for me. Best wishes on your journey!

MemberMember
(@feelsgood)

Posted : 04/01/2012 9:02 pm

I'm so glad to hear that subcision is working for you as it has for me. Best wishes on your journey!

Thank you Mr.Matt, it was because of your post and a couple of others that made me search for a subcision doctor and I'm glad I did. I'm currently done with my 5th treatment but I added 2 more and 5 laser treatments.

MemberMember
(@mr-matt)

Posted : 04/02/2012 6:00 am

You're quite welcome. I would encourage you to take a look at collagen induction therapy (dermarolling) as a supplemental procedure that you can do at home to help with collagen deposition in the areas that you have had scarring.

The photos you've taken will definitely help you to see the progress you've made and continue to make. My last subcision procedure was in December of '11 and I continue to see incremental improvement with my scarring.

I recently purchased a 2.0 dermaroller and aggressively treated one area on my right cheek where scarring persists. Hopefully, this will help.

In any event, I am so glad that you found a doctor that was willing to treat you. I've been amazed at how effective subcision has been on my scars and it sounds like you're experiencing the same success.

Keep us posted on your progress.

Matt

MemberMember
(@jesture)

Posted : 04/03/2012 2:32 am

Pretty amazing, congrats bro! Would you mind sharing who your doctor is? Also, does he perform subcision along with fillers?

MemberMember
(@mr-matt)

Posted : 04/03/2012 6:57 pm

My doctor's website is: www.columbiaderm.com.

You can inquire if he'll do subcision + filler - I think it's a great idea of you can afford it.

MemberMember
(@feelsgood)

Posted : 04/03/2012 8:15 pm

Pretty amazing, congrats bro! Would you mind sharing who your doctor is? Also, does he perform subcision along with fillers?

Thanks Jesture, I remember I messaged you before looking for a subcision doctor. I'll send you a PM for mine. As for subcision along with fillers, I don't believe he performs that procedure.

I haven't kept up with taking progress pictures but here's the progress for me so far. This is after 5 subcision + 2 lasers.

Left temple

Right Temple

You're quite welcome. I would encourage you to take a look at collagen induction therapy (dermarolling) as a supplemental procedure that you can do at home to help with collagen deposition in the areas that you have had scarring.

The photos you've taken will definitely help you to see the progress you've made and continue to make. My last subcision procedure was in December of '11 and I continue to see incremental improvement with my scarring.

I recently purchased a 2.0 dermaroller and aggressively treated one area on my right cheek where scarring persists. Hopefully, this will help.

In any event, I am so glad that you found a doctor that was willing to treat you. I've been amazed at how effective subcision has been on my scars and it sounds like you're experiencing the same success.

Matt

I'll keep that in mind. I actually microneedled before my subcision procedures. I have to say, the suctioning after subcision really helps the scar tissue from reattaching. Thanks again Matt,

MemberMember
(@lyonsmatthew)

Posted : 04/11/2012 2:31 pm

Thanks Jesture, I remember I messaged you before looking for a subcision doctor. I'll send you a PM for mine. As for subcision along with fillers, I don't believe he performs that procedure.

I haven't kept up with taking progress pictures but here's the progress for me so far. This is after 5 subcision + 2 lasers.

Left temple

Right Temple

Matt

I'll keep that in mind. I actually microneedled before my subcision procedures. I have to say, the suctioning after subcision really helps the scar tissue from reattaching. Thanks again Matt,

wow dude its like they arent even there now.... what were the two lasers?

MemberMember
(@feelsgood)

Posted : 04/19/2012 11:03 am

wow dude its like they arent even there now.... what were the two lasers?

Mosaic HP. The subcision made the most difference though.

MemberMember
(@na102)

Posted : 05/27/2012 9:33 am

HOW IT LOOKS IN DIFFRENT LIGHTS?

MemberMember
(@tevez)

Posted : 09/19/2012 3:01 am

bump love to see how this turned out.

MemberMember
(@lovegreensmoothies)

Posted : 09/21/2012 8:59 pm

Can you please post or pm who your md is?

MemberMember
(@rentedname)

Posted : 10/16/2012 1:27 am

bump this. hope op comes back. those results are fantastic... holy shyte. can you post those forehead pics too?

MemberMember
(@littlehelp)

Posted : 10/16/2012 1:31 pm

what an improve of your scars

congratulation

MemberMember
(@feelsgood)

Posted : 01/17/2013 2:38 am

Hey.. decided to do a quick update and answer some questions. I can't seem to find the folder I put all my pics pre/post treatments in so I lost all the pictures I've had. My scars still look the same as when I updated in April. When I took those pictures I tried to snap the picture in the same lighting and different lighting for the person that asked about lighting. My forehead, the doctor didn't hit my forehead much so I still have scars there which sucks. The parts of the forehead that the doctor did hit, the scars have improved. I wish I didn't get the laser treatments done because they were useless. Subcision is amazing. I've been trying to get some time to do microneedling, anyway take care and I will answer my PMs and send info to the ones that have asked.

MemberMember
(@dragonn)

Posted : 01/17/2013 3:36 am

Hey FeelsGood, thank you for coming back and updating! That's really nice of you. So are the scars on your temples and cheeks that were subcised essentially gone?

MemberMember
(@lovegreensmoothies)

Posted : 01/22/2013 3:06 pm

Hey

Thanks so much for the update.

I'm glad you had good results!

MemberMember
(@chrissyc)

Posted : 06/17/2013 5:21 am

Would love the name of your doctor, as I am having a hard time locating a doctor that will do subcision. WOuld you PM me please??

MemberMember
(@no_hope)

Posted : 06/17/2013 3:28 pm

so it subcision can indeed work on box scars! fantastic! after reading this thread im actually gonna consider subcision in my treatments for my box scar and ice picks scars.