Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lola Burns

Philosophy Keep The Peace And Moisturizers In General

Anyone use it? Anyone heard of it? I think I like it, seems to absorb quickly, hasn't caused any breakouts yet. But it also seems a little... weak. But I'm afraid to try anything heavier. Should I just throw in jojoba oil? Has anyone used jojoba oil and have adverse effects? Any recommendations on a good moisturizer for extremely dry skin? Any guidance, any at all, would be greatly appreciated.

I've heard of Keep the Peace and tried in the past some Philosophy products. Their products seem to use a lot of fragrance-something I tend to shy away from regarding my facial routine.

I've had great success with La Roche Posay Toleriane Ultra. It is balance between a cream and lotion. It goes on like silk. I have extreme sensitive, reactive, acne-prone, drier than dry skin. This particular lotion agrees with my skin with no adverse effects. I feel like I tried them all! Moisturizing has always been a dilemma in regards to my skin. I never realized how much moisture was lacking from my skin until I saw the results of a moisturized face. I was drying my skin with acne products but not replacing the oils my face needed. Balance. The La Roche Posay "Toleriane" line is geared towards sensitive skin. It is "free" of most common ingredients used in cosmetic care that seem to pose problems for reactive skin.

I've heard of Keep the Peace and tried in the past some Philosophy products. Their products seem to use a lot of fragrance-something I tend to shy away from regarding my facial routine.

I've had great success with La Roche Posay Toleriane Ultra. It is balance between a cream and lotion. It goes on like silk. I have extreme sensitive, reactive, acne-prone, drier than dry skin. This particular lotion agrees with my skin with no adverse effects. I feel like I tried them all! Moisturizing has always been a dilemma in regards to my skin. I never realized how much moisture was lacking from my skin until I saw the results of a moisturized face. I was drying my skin with acne products but not replacing the oils my face needed. Balance. The La Roche Posay "Toleriane" line is geared towards sensitive skin. It is "free" of most common ingredients used in cosmetic care that seem to pose problems for reactive skin.

I got Toleriane Ultra today! I am so inappropriately excited about this.

Yay!! I'm so excited to hear your updates!! I love it for my skin. It honestly is a basic moisturizer with the added Neurosensine. It saved my skin. I've never been more delighted to put a product on my skin....I actually hear my skin go.."Aaaaahhhh". Haha. I bought some for my Mum, and my sister. They also -along with my girlfriends got the Toleriane Fluide for stocking stuffers. I love to share the good stuff. How is it that it's a basic formulation but yet drugstore brands can't get it right for $9.99? I don't mind paying the price at all...it's just so mind bending? I swear it's a monopoly.

I also just purchased "Free and Clear Liquid Cleanser". I've been using CeraVe Gentle Hydrating Cleanser for a couple of years need a change. Such a great cleanser to fall back into if needed...however, I'm dying to try some new makeup and primer and Cerave just don't remove it completely-or should I say without a double wash. Which in theory isn't really gentle if I need to wash twice and use a washcloth. So I'll update on this little gem soon!!! here's a link if you want to check: http://vanicream.com/products/free_and_clear_liquid_cleanser.cfm

Yay!! I'm so excited to hear your updates!! I love it for my skin. It honestly is a basic moisturizer with the added Neurosensine. It saved my skin. I've never been more delighted to put a product on my skin....I actually hear my skin go.."Aaaaahhhh". Haha. I bought some for my Mum, and my sister. They also -along with my girlfriends got the Toleriane Fluide for stocking stuffers. I love to share the good stuff. How is it that it's a basic formulation but yet drugstore brands can't get it right for $9.99? I don't mind paying the price at all...it's just so mind bending? I swear it's a monopoly.

I also just purchased "Free and Clear Liquid Cleanser". I've been using CeraVe Gentle Hydrating Cleanser for a couple of years need a change. Such a great cleanser to fall back into if needed...however, I'm dying to try some new makeup and primer and Cerave just don't remove it completely-or should I say without a double wash. Which in theory isn't really gentle if I need to wash twice and use a washcloth. So I'll update on this little gem soon!!! here's a link if you want to check: http://vanicream.com/products/free_and_clear_liquid_cleanser.cfm

I just used it for the first time and I have never been so impressed with a moisturizer. Normally, I would be dying by now. But no itch. NONE! Yes, a little more costly than average drugstore brands but still cheaper than Keep the Peace.

I just started using Peter Thomas Roth Gentle Foaming Cleanser. It's kind of amazing. Rinses super easy and gets every last trace of mascara in the first go.

I also just purchased "Free and Clear Liquid Cleanser". I've been using CeraVe Gentle Hydrating Cleanser for a couple of years need a change. Such a great cleanser to fall back into if needed...however, I'm dying to try some new makeup and primer and Cerave just don't remove it completely-or should I say without a double wash. Which in theory isn't really gentle if I need to wash twice and use a washcloth. So I'll update on this little gem soon!!! here's a link if you want to check: http://vanicream.com...id_cleanser.cfm

I just used it for the first time and I have never been so impressed with a moisturizer. Normally, I would be dying by now. But no itch. NONE! Yes, a little more costly than average drugstore brands but still cheaper than Keep the Peace.

I just started using Peter Thomas Roth Gentle Foaming Cleanser. It's kind of amazing. Rinses super easy and gets every last trace of mascara in the first go.

I'm so happy for you! You got one step out of the way- no itch!!! That is promising. Now the 2 week trial will be the proof. I've yet to break out from Toleriane. I'm on my 3rd bottle. I agree, it's a little pricey. But think of the money we spend on so-so- products just for them not to work....not to mention the side effects that generally come along with them!

I've never tried PTR Cleanser. I'll look it up. The Free and Clear I purchased cost a whopping $10. So, I could swing another purchase. Thanks for the tip! Again, I'm so happy that you like Toleriane Ultra!

@ Lola- I almost forgot to mention a great tip and use for Glycerin. Glycerin oil I'm finding out loves my skin. It is what is in the Toleriane Ultra. I purchased some pure Glycerin oil from Swanson Drugs and mixed it with some mineral water in a spray bottle. (Ratio water to oil is up to your discretion and skins needs) I shake it up and spray it all over my legs, arms, or wherever when I get out of the shower. It is fast and hydrating. I've used it on my face when it's super dry in the house. Works like a charm. I put one in the cooler so it's refreshingly cool on my face. Thought I'd share.

@ Lola- I almost forgot to mention a great tip and use for Glycerin. Glycerin oil I'm finding out loves my skin. It is what is in the Toleriane Ultra. I purchased some pure Glycerin oil from Swanson Drugs and mixed it with some mineral water in a spray bottle. (Ratio water to oil is up to your discretion and skins needs) I shake it up and spray it all over my legs, arms, or wherever when I get out of the shower. It is fast and hydrating. I've used it on my face when it's super dry in the house. Works like a charm. I put one in the cooler so it's refreshingly cool on my face. Thought I'd share.

Ooh! I think I'll have to try that. We put a humidifier in the bedroom which helps some. Before bed, I use shea butter (from the neck down) which is really effective but it's a lot of work and it feels like it never really absorbs all the way. Like I've covered my body in lip balm. And it can go rancid fairly quickly. Glycerin sounds like the better bet.