Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Nelo18

Skipping School Because Of Acne?

has anyone ever skipped school because of acne?

i hated going to school knowing how bad my face was, so started going to a continuation school my junior year (11th grade). i actually do regret it now and shouldve just sucked it up. no prom, no grad night, no crazy senior parties, graduation. missed out alot.

im 19 now and havnt even enrolled in college.

Edited by Nelo18

Haha, yep I skipped a few times during high school, back then it was extremely bad and remember I had panic attacks if I was alone. But I didn't skip too many times as I had a group of really great friends where I actually forgotten I even had acne.

Bottom line is, no one really cares if you have acne or not, it doesn't matter to other people. The first impression might be like " Whoa he's got some acne " but once they get to know you, they won't even care. Sure there might be assholes who might make fun of you but that's just because they're a bag of shet. lol sorry but it's true. You probably figured some of it by now since your face is much better now due to accutane, just don't think too much! I noticed many people on this forum don't really have severe acne, some just have like 1 or 2 others are healed from acne but they're still the same as before because they... Think too much.. That the tiniest imperfection drives them nuts, which I think it's pretty ridiculous on a man.

I wish I could skip school for once. But I'm not brave enough :3 Lol I'm a wimp! Maybe i will do it someday....

Edited by Kara =)

I wish I could skip school for once. But I'm not brave enough :3 Lol I'm a wimp! Maybe i will do it someday....

Lol. Join the club. I've only skipped one class because I slept in xD. I've never done it on purpose though and besides does the schools really except us to go to school us to wake up at like 7 everyday.

you could sign up for online classes at a community college. Just don't register at a bs school like University of Phoenix. Go to a community classes and get started on your basics. You are 19 and have time.

I've skipped college because of my acne before. I went to an outdoor campus and I would have to walk around in the daylight, even if I had concealer on it accentuated my breakouts soooo much. But I stayed in high school the whole time and I didn't get to do prom, grad night, or anything fun really. So you aren't alone :(

I've skipped college because of my acne before. I went to an outdoor campus and I would have to walk around in the daylight, even if I had concealer on it accentuated my breakouts soooo much. But I stayed in high school the whole time and I didn't get to do prom, grad night, or anything fun really. So you aren't alone sad.png

How bad was your acne?

I've skipped college because of my acne before. I went to an outdoor campus and I would have to walk around in the daylight, even if I had concealer on it accentuated my breakouts soooo much. But I stayed in high school the whole time and I didn't get to do prom, grad night, or anything fun really. So you aren't alone sad.png

How bad was your acne?

It varied from mild-moderate.

Wow, I can't relate that at all to the impression I get of you now. Seems like you've come such a long way! That's inspiring. :)

I never skipped school, I wouldn't have gotten away with it. I skipped work twice in the five years I was there. That's not really saying much because I couldn't bring myself to find work for three years prior to that, and I eventually got fired from my job anyway because of actions which were essentially triggered by my acne-related anxieties. Oh well, live and learn I guess. :rolleyes:

All I'd say is, the worst moments our skin goes through pass, but if we make bad choices and bail on things because of our skin, that can have a negative impact on our lives which could influence things for years to come. It's not worth suffering with stuff like that and selling ourselves short in life for something as comparatively small as acne.

Wow, I can't relate that at all to the impression I get of you now. Seems like you've come such a long way! That's inspiring. smile.png

I never skipped school, I wouldn't have gotten away with it. I skipped work twice in the five years I was there. That's not really saying much because I couldn't bring myself to find work for three years prior to that, and I eventually got fired from my job anyway because of actions which were essentially triggered by my acne-related anxieties. Oh well, live and learn I guess. rolleyes.gif

All I'd say is, the worst moments our skin goes through pass, but if we make bad choices and bail on things because of our skin, that can have a negative impact on our lives which could influence things for years to come. It's not worth suffering with stuff like that and selling ourselves short in life for something as comparatively small as acne.

Haha what skipping school? Thank you Paul :)

Haha what skipping school?

Yes, skipping school is like, really inspiring... teehee.gif

Not really, I just got the sense that it's a fair amount of time ago and things have improved and so you've left a lot of that stuff behind. You certainly don't strike me as someone who would avoid or shy away from things now. For me personally, having held onto a lot of the behaviours and coping mechanisms from my school school days, those things are now misplaced and have too much of an influence on my thoughts and actions. After all, it's eight years since I finished my education so it's not appropriate to still hold onto that stuff, be dwelling on it and letting it have the majority share of control. Going to be necessary to leave that behind and essentially reinvent myself I think. So ithere's a degree of comfort in hearing that kind of story from someone who has obviously been able to leave that kind of approach behind and move forward. Shows me that it's not impossible and might not be as difficult as I've always assumed. :)

ALL THE TIME!! especially when i got big painful ones on my nose or near my lips, my parents knew i was faking being sick those days but they sympathized; as long as i did some extra chores around the house that day once they left for work.

Haha what skipping school?

Yes, skipping school is like, really inspiring... teehee.gif

Not really, I just got the sense that it's a fair amount of time ago and things have improved and so you've left a lot of that stuff behind. You certainly don't strike me as someone who would avoid or shy away from things now. For me personally, having held onto a lot of the behaviours and coping mechanisms from my school school days, those things are now misplaced and have too much of an influence on my thoughts and actions. After all, it's eight years since I finished my education so it's not appropriate to still hold onto that stuff, be dwelling on it and letting it have the majority share of control. Going to be necessary to leave that behind and essentially reinvent myself I think. So ithere's a degree of comfort in hearing that kind of story from someone who has obviously been able to leave that kind of approach behind and move forward. Shows me that it's not impossible and might not be as difficult as I've always assumed. smile.png

Haha that's not what I meant!

No I don't really avoid much anymore. I actually would have loved to go to prom and do all that stuff but it just didn't work out for other reasons. :(

Awww yeah after 8 years you can do it! The more you put yourself out into the world, the more rewards you reap. Meeting new friends, having great experiences, learning. It's worth the investment sir. :)

Guest pokemonster

pahah i know everything about skipping school, well im not proud about it but tbh acne was just one of reasons to not attend lessons, pretty good one nonetheless because i somehow dont see possible arriving to school with severe shit all over your face? sick.gif 0_o thats like jumping in pool of sharks freewilingly. not necessary. now if you live in sugar town and everyones nice there then maybe its different, but yea..

I've never skipped because I looked bad. Everybody knows what I look like anyway, and looking really bad or really good one day does nothing to change somebody's perception of you.

And chances are, if they aren't a friend of yours, they don't notice, and more importantly, they don't care. Once I realized that nobody notices/cares, life got a lot easier.

Think about it: do you notice when somebody in one of your classes comes to school one day looking like a train wreck? Or when they look extra good? You don't suddenly think that the pretty girl that came to school with no make-up and messy hair is ugly. She's just a pretty girl that woke up on the wrong side of the bed.

I skipped two and a half years of high school because of my skin, not to mention 80% of the parties/gatherings where girls were present in the past 5 years of my life.

I remember those days. Skipping school. Hiding. Avoiding everyone. Fuck do I regret it now. Now I feel like skipping work but it's not even because of my skin anymore. My skin is fine, I'm satisfied with it for the most part, now it's something totally different. It really doesn't end. The pain will be with us all for the rest of our lives. Sooner or later it comes. You can only stand back and acknowledge its presence.

Lol, i skipped school like free. Just go to a local polyclinic and fake headache etc and get a mc (medical certificate) and done. Tbh if my parents had allowed me to skip an entire sem i would have done that but yeah they did not. In the past i skip school to go out and play soccer, hangout with friends etc. but now is for acne and yeah is kind of a pity.