Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Angelmichu

Vaseline

Hello guys

I tried the regimen for 4 weeks and I had to seriously stop. My face kept staying irritated and got extremely flaky.. I made sure I didn't use too much BP at the start.. just about as much as dan shows on the video, in fact when i realized that I was getting really irritated I tried to use even less of it. Anyways, I decided to stop it.. and let my skin heal before trying it one more time.

However, since my skin was getting overly dry, even with jojoba oil, I've been searching for other forms of keeping my skin from drying too much and I came across vaseline.

Now i know vaseline is comedogenic.. a lot of people have said and admitted that it is comedogenic, but that it helps with excessive dryness. And I remember one time i did a mask for a project and I had to apply vaseline all over so that the product wouldnt get stuck to my skin, but when i took the vaseline off.. OMG my skin was soo smooth and soft.

So my question is, should I try applying vaseline throughout the day to help with the dryness? I don't think I'd apply it at night since skin usually heals at night.. so I prefer to keep using the moisterizer for bed time.. but what about vaseline for the day? Maybe wear vaseline for a short period throughout the day??

Thoughts?

If you don't mind more breakouts, I would apply vaseline, the vaseline body oil makes your skin even more moisturized..I have super dry skin and when I used it after one use my skin was very moist, but now im using jojoba oil to avoid breakouts. You just have to apply it a lot throughout the day and do it consistently for a week or 2 to get normla skin. You should also avoid face wash and exfoliators and only wash your face when you have to take a shower with the lowest temperature water you can, because hot water or warm water will dry out your skin.