Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
GreaseFace

I Can't Believe Companies Put So Many Chemicals In Products For The Face!

For awhile I used products you would normally buy from the store, but it irritated my skin so I started researching the ingredients in face washes and lotions that were popular or that I have used. Most of the stuff I found was eye opening. A lot of cancer causing chemicals and stuff that even fucks with the endocrine system. Since then Ive been washing my face only with honey and I try to use products that are safe. I cant believe there's no government regulations on this stuff. It makes me wonder too like women must be effected the most because they use the most beauty products. And companies market heavily to women telling them that they need this wrinkle cream or this new facial scrub. The beauty product industry is just fucked up.

i know man. i use to use those chemical filled products but i stopped because it didn't help my skin after the first few weeks. it just dried out my skin and caused more pimples. when i first got acne i thought chemicals were the answer but truth is they aren't. i only wash with water. the only chemicals i use are the ones in my moisturizer. anyone know of a natural moisturizer?

i know man. i use to use those chemical filled products but i stopped because it didn't help my skin after the first few weeks. it just dried out my skin and caused more pimples. when i first got acne i thought chemicals were the answer but truth is they aren't. i only wash with water. the only chemicals i use are the ones in my moisturizer. anyone know of a natural moisturizer?

I've been eyeing up Alva Rhassoul Active Cream as a moisturizer:

I haven't bought it yet (waiting for some ££)

But it seems mostly natural and good for your skin.

It's ingredients are:

aqua, natural emulsifying agent, jojoba oil, rapeseed oil, glycerin, beeswax, natural fragrance, wheat protein, chamomile and licorice root extract, manuka oil, tea tree oil, algin, aloe vera, natural lactic acid, vitamin E, bisabolol, lavender oil, bergamot orange oil, rosemary oil, phytic acid (plant derived anti-oxidant to preserve the vegetable oils), citronella oil, potassium sorbate, limonene, citral, linalool, geraniol, citronellol.

According to this site: http://www.theremust...etterway.co.uk/

Theres a few "natural and organic moisturizers" on there

Edited by Kittyx3

FDA is the most screwed up organization in our nation. I only wash my face with water and a wash cloth after having the same eye-opening realization you did. Just wait until you start looking into the ingredients of food. The FDA is the cancer to our society.

I have to agree with you! All the chemicals end up making your face/acne worse!

Natural is really the best way to go, I actually found a great product called Dermaforte... it's ingredients are 100% natural and organic. It's reduced the redness on my face, irritation, and made my skin feel much smoother than before.

*Moderator edit - URL removed. Read the board rules*

I have to agree with you! All the chemicals end up making your face/acne worse!

Natural is really the best way to go, I actually found a great product called Dermaforte... it's ingredients are 100% natural and organic. It's reduced the redness on my face, irritation, and made my skin feel much smoother than before.

*Moderator edit - URL removed. Read the board rules*

How long has this product been available to the general public?

Oh man, I feel you. I can't believe how long I treated my skin so poorly ... and because the derm told me to, ha.

I just got what I hope is going to be a good face wash -- it's Evan Healy and it's all natural. We'll see how it works! >.<

we've all been there using those moisturizers, if you want a really good and cheap moisturizers,cleanser i would recommend thayers witch hazel. made with only natural ingredients, and it is very effective at keeping my skin smooth all day. It's a liquid so you need to have cotton pads to dab it on your face, but your skin really will thank you after a month of usage. You will probably notice that you dont even need to apply it as much anymore. Can't tell if this is good for acne because I stopped getting it about a year ago (guess i grew out of it) so i cannot verify if it helps, but i do think that the combination of witch hazel, aloe vera, vitamin e, and grapefruit seed extract would definetly help acne prone skin. Its also really cheap, a bottle can last u easily 2 months from moderate usage.

http://www.vitacost.com/Thayers