Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FSAS

Development Question

I think I've gone crazy..with theories for my acne.

I always knew I was born 3 months pre-mature, I had a few problems for those 3 months in hospital (the birth was unnatural and fast, I was never breast fed only tubes up the nose and for a while could never breathe on my own and refused to accept food). I was reading a letter from the hospital for the first time and discovered the birth was an emergency cesarean as I'm an identical twin, i was basically in the position to 'be first out' but upon that happening i turned around and they could have broken my elbow if it was a natural birth so they quickly turned to a cesarean. our family always made this joke that my sister bullied me out into the world when i wasnt ready as the doc said babies often can turn around in an attempt to refuse birth..something like that.

Anyway, i have a theory, my identical twin had acne at 16. Year 10. whilst mine hit end of year 12. Although we were both on birth control so as the bcp cleared her up i could only assume i'd remain clear whilst being on it *i was wrong*(despite the switching and now diane not helping). my thoughts wonder if perhaps i was not developed enough and the 3 months pre-mature was because perhaps my sister was ready whilst i wasnt. (is this possible?) I had a thought that maybe i'm not hitting the stage that she hit at 16? yet we both hit puberty the same time, developed physically the same time and got our periods the same time. so really im wondering..can i be 'developed' but not /really/ 'developed' ? im nearly 20 in a few months. I was wondering others thoughts or if anyone knows this could be possible? perhaps my sister grew out of her acne we're not sure whilst she's still on the pill. i'm putting this hear because i have get the sense that this board seems to have followers that have a deeper understanding of how the body works.

thankyou :)

I told my mom that I blame her for my acne-prone skin because she only breast fed me for 3 months. Usually mothers breast feed for 6 months at the very minimum. She didn't think that was funny.

It's possible, but you should stop worrying yourself with stuff you can't change and focus on what you (and everyone else) can do (eat and live healthily.)

I told my mom that I blame her for my acne-prone skin because she only breast fed me for 3 months. Usually mothers breast feed for 6 months at the very minimum. She didn't think that was funny.

It's possible, but you should stop worrying yourself with stuff you can't change and focus on what you (and everyone else) can do (eat and live healthily.)

thanks for the reply, yeah I'm definitely changing my life to the extreme to help. I certainly wasnt breast fed at all, what exactly is happening for the baby during breast feeding that makes it so important?

i suppose more real thought was more if my twin was developed completely and wanted to come out 3 months earlier whilst I wasnt ready to and forced out and perhaps im just catching up now (acne wise as to say it was always in our genes to get it like she did at 16) but i was curious if thats even possible when we both hit puberty the same time.

i get this feeling that my premature birth as well as it not being natural or breastfed has a huge impact to why i may have acne even it it literally just stems down to digestion as i never had it when i hit puberty .. Hm!