Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
flipsidiaz

Need To Find A Similar Otc Product To A Prescription Product..

My derm has been prescribing me Clindamycin Phosphate Topical Solution, USP Pedget 1%* for months now and it's been working wonderfully. It's basically a wipe that exfoliates and treats acne (?). That's just my guess because it's been working for me. Ever since September I stopped going because my face was clear and I was busy with college.

So, I was wondering if there was any product that was similar to this OTC? I prefer an exfoliator in wipe/towelette form so these prescription ones are perfect for me however it's hard for me to find time and money to go to the term every time I need a refill. If not, I'll just make time then.

Any feedback is appreciated, thanks.

There is no comparable product that I know of. Clindamycin kills bacteria, which both helps prevent & heal acne. The best OTC equivalent is probably good old 2.5% benzoyl peroxide. I doubt the wipes exfoliate much (are they textured?), but if you want some ex-foliating action similar to them, then try some non-medicated, textured towelettes designed to remove makeup &/or cleanse the face.

Your current solution sounds easy though, and if it works for you, then you may just want to head back to the derm....