Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
desperatejen1

Please, Pease Help! Will Retin A Micro Make These Go Away? (Picture)

I've been using retin a micro 0.4% for 6 weeks and I feel like it's helping, but I would really like a second opinion. Also, would you say this is post inflammatory hyper-pigmentation or red marks? My derm says it's hyper-pigmentation, but I keep reading on the internet that red marks are not pigmentation. Thanks smile.png OH AND I didn't start retin a micro for acne I started it for the marks.

red.jpgby the way my camera phone is crap and made my marks look a bit lighter then what they really are/

Edited by desperatejen1

Aren't red marks and PIH the same thing? Perhaps I'm wrong, but I've always thought people just liked calling them PIH for short.

Anyhow, I've read retin-A helps fight acne and marks at the same time. If I were you, I'd keep using it and hope for improvement. Take pictures weekly and see if you're getting any better. If not, once you're off retin-A, you can try TCA, mandelic, glycolic, microdermoabration, etc.

Good luck!