Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sprintz

Am I Doing My Regimen Correctly?

Hi Guys,

I'm a bit paranoid about my regimen, as I'm not sure my derm is 'top-notch' so to speak. Anyway, I was told:

AM: BP 2.5% thin layer over entire face, then Clindamycin generic lotion 1% over entire face (so far I have been using around a large pea sized clidnamycin, and thin finger length of Dan's BP)

PM: Just tretinoin generic .025% (can I mix this with Jojoba when applying, seems pretty hard to spread around).

Other than that I use Cetaphil gentle cleanser and moisturizer AM/PM and Dan's AHA twice a week.

Been on this for around 2.5 weeks not seeing great results, although my pimples seem to have changed form. I have VERY long-lasting, small-ish under the skin pimples and very few actual pimples that have a clear head of pus.

Also, it seems that BP/Clinda one after the other is the same effect as using somethign like Duac, but Duac is simpler... why wasn't I prescribed duac I wonder?

At any rate, does this regimen seem legit? Or am I getting jerked around here.... I've tried Dan's regimen and had o.k. results but I'm in Minneapolis and CANNOT have that level of dry skin and flakiness at work!!!

Edited by Sprintz