Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DainBramaged

Thinking About Tca Peel

I have had an excision scar on my cheek for more than 3 months and it's annoying me a lot cause it is wider than a line and indented (not very much, but it has rough edges).

So, I'm thinking about doing some peels to smooth it, what do you think? Is it safe/strong enough to help?

I don't have any experience and I'd rather have few side effects and repeat the treatment than having a burnt face and putting my skin on risk.

Is this worth buying?

http://www.makeupart...els-101-22.html

edit: nvm they don't ship to my country. Probably cause it's illegal here. Should I resort to ebay?

Edited by DainBramaged

Hi There,

I have purchased from Make Up Artist website before. I previously bought Glycolic Acid strengths 30%, 40%, 50% and 60% and Lactic Acid too. I tried both, and I started with the lower strengths and I worked my way up. You have to be careful with your tolerance levels as everyone is different.

These products worked for me, so I can vouch for the company. With reference to TCA, I have never purchased it from this site. I had TCA done by Dy Tony Chu in Hammersmith, London. I did get good results to start with, and then the results started becoming less and less. I would always recommend using a practioner who knows TCA because you have to be very careful with acids on your skin and if you leave it in your skin for too long, you could worsen your scars.

I do remember that the products came with very clear instructions so they are very helpful. If you are insistent on doing this, start with the lowest strength and apply on a test section of your body to check that you do not react.

I would probably take a proper medical opinion before doing this. Just be very careful. Worse case, email Dr Moonsang Choi or Dr Sam Lam, they will both try and help by email.

Hope that helps.

Edited by faizalj19

Hi There,

I have purchased from Make Up Artist website before. I previously bought Glycolic Acid strengths 30%, 40%, 50% and 60% and Lactic Acid too. I tried both, and I started with the lower strengths and I worked my way up. You have to be careful with your tolerance levels as everyone is different.

These products worked for me, so I can vouch for the company. With reference to TCA, I have never purchased it from this site. I had TCA done by Dy Tony Chu in Hammersmith, London. I did get good results to start with, and then the results started becoming less and less. I would always recommend using a practioner who knows TCA because you have to be very careful with acids on your skin and if you leave it in your skin for too long, you could worsen your scars.

I do remember that the products came with very clear instructions so they are very helpful. If you are insistent on doing this, start with the lowest strength and apply on a test section of your body to check that you do not react.

I would probably take a proper medical opinion before doing this. Just be very careful. Worse case, email Dr Moonsang Choi or Dr Sam Lam, they will both try and help by email.

Hope that helps.

Thanks a lot, I will first do a test and then proceed, I will be very careful.

Could you tell me what the corresponding of TCA 12.5% is to other peels, like glycolic or lactic? Or, if you know any other good website that sells TCA kits, because MUAC will not send it to my country...

edit: I found this

http://www.platinums...tcapeel125.aspx

what do you think?

Edited by DainBramaged

My pleasure. Just be very careful :)

I actually do not know what 12.5% TCA will be in comparison to the other peels would be like. Maybe you can find this out by Googling it. I do remember that Dr Chu used 100% TCA (I think) on me, and personally I am not sure how effective 12.5% will be. However, I do think others have had success with it. Can you not afford to go to Dr Chu? I think he is available on the NHS, and privately he costs around £100 per session, but its money really well spent.

With reference to websites, I was recommend Make Up Artist from a friend of mine who bought them and tried them. I can vouch for that website. I guess, one of my fears is buying a very low concentrated product that promises it is a particular strength and you would never know otherwise.

Where are you based?

Greece, and it seems like it's the only country MUAC does not ship to eusa_think.gif

Well, money is not a problem, so there is the option of going to a plastic surgeon to perform it (not Dr Chu cause I don't live there :P). It would be safer and he could use a stronger percentage I guess. But that way I won't be able to repeat the process whenever I want, and I may have a hard time arranging visits, cause it really has to be in a period that I will be able to stay home.

btw I found this on a website, for anyone that is interested:

Weakest - Strongest

1. 3% Salicylic

2. 30% Glycolic and 50% Lactic and 12.5% TCA (at 1 layer)

3. 50% Glycolic and 15% Salicylic

4. 25% Salicylic

5. 70% Glycolic

6. 20% TCA (1 layer) and Jessners (at 1 layer)

7. 30% TCA

25% Salicyclic I'm sure is not stronger than 50% glycolic...

But, I think the kind of acid that matters too, right? Or do they all work in the same way?

But, I think the kind of acid that matters too, right? Or do they all work in the same way?

They work similarly I guess but... E.g. Lactic Acid is good for red marks, Salicyclic is good for acne etc

They work similarly I guess but... E.g. Lactic Acid is good for red marks, Salicyclic is good for acne etc

Ok, it's most likely I will buy TCA 12.5 % then! What other products am I going to need? platinumskincare.com offers a preparation solution, but no neutralizer or aftercare. Will I actually need these things?

Does anyone know a good website that sells kits, appart from MUAC?

I don't think you need anything other than the prep solution, TCA and a gentle cleanser/moisturiser for after

Use baking soda and cold/lukewarm water for the neutralising solution. Water alone is enough but keep the baking soda just in case (not powder).

Aftercare

Don't wash until the next day. When you do, do it with a gentle cleanser... Soothe the skin with something such as petroleum jelly or emu oil

Avoid the sun as best as you can for a month and wear suncream at all times

Don't rub your skin at all

I'm no expert, especially not with TCA peels, so use this as vague guidance

Edited by Callum.

I don't think you need anything other than the prep solution, TCA and a gentle cleanser/moisturiser for after

Use baking soda and cold/lukewarm water for the neutralising solution. Water alone is enough but keep the baking soda just in case (not powder).

Aftercare

Don't wash until the next day. When you do, do it with a gentle cleanser... Soothe the skin with something such as petroleum jelly or emu oil

Avoid the sun as best as you can for a month and wear suncream at all times

Don't rub your skin at all

I'm no expert, especially not with TCA peels, so use this as vague guidance

Thanks a lot.

Here is the message I received today from MUAC btw:

Thank you for your note.

We do not ship to Greece as we have had trouble with packages

delivering to their destinations.

wtf neutral.gif

Edited by DainBramaged