Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CourtneyNicole

My Face Hurts. Anyone Else In This Boat?

okay so i've had this terrible breakout on the right side of my face. it consists of like 15 to 20 pimples. As soon as a few start to go away more pop up. It's so agrravating!! neutral.gif I've had it for about 2 weeks and just can't seem to shake it. It looks super gross, but I wouldn't mind it that much, but it hurts so bad. It constantly throbs like a headache. I've never had acne this painful. I have no idea what is going on.. Its so depressing. It hurts to wash my face, to put make up on, and sometimes to even talk.. I take pain killers to stop the pain, but it really doesn't help. Is there anything else I can do to make it not hurt?!

ice in a napkin might help (because direct contact with your skin may cause more irritation) & make sure you're not picking. and are you using BP or something else to kill the bacteria? i had a mess on the left side of my face in july, though i had smaller breakouts spread over my face. it didn't get better on it's own... until i got prescription medicine from the derm.

Yep...same. I had an area that would not heal... until I took Minocycline. I could not understand why it wouldn't heal.... for weeks. It was very upsetting and yes, very painful. Apparently it was a bad bacterial infection.

Edited by Rachelx7

Yes back in September I had a nasty horrible breakout in both cheeks and in my jawline. The pain was unbearable, until I took antibiotics (Bactrim) it helped with inflammation.

Are these papules, pustules or cyst ?

Because my derm diagnosed me with cystic acne :(

But I'm way past the pain and cysts now, just a few red marks and whiteheads .

it must be the inflammation, are they red and inflammed?

are you eating inflammatory foods? describe your diet

There are a couple that are pretty inflamed. Luckily I found a tube of BP that will last me until I get dan's stuff in the mail. The BP has definitely helped A LOT. As for my diet, I eat a lot of carbs like pastas and breads. I love fruit and try to eat a lot of it. I drink fruit juices a lot and water. I try to stay away from pop but I can't resist sometimes. I love coke. :]

cut off the pastas and bread,wheat in general. eat fruit in moderation, lets see if theres improvement within the first week. Also, cut off dairy, i can promess you'll see great results

cut off the pastas and bread,wheat in general. eat fruit in moderation, lets see if theres improvement within the first week. Also, cut off dairy, i can promess you'll see great results

I've heard that cutting out carbs and dairy haven given people good results but I honestly don't know if I can. I'm 5'1" and weigh about 100 lbs I can't afford to lose weight. Suggestions on what I should eat then. Dairy I could probably cut out but carbs.. Idk

I've heard that cutting out carbs and dairy haven given people good results but I honestly don't know if I can. I'm 5'1" and weigh about 100 lbs I can't afford to lose weight. Suggestions on what I should eat then. Dairy I could probably cut out but carbs.. Idk

i know i used to think that i'd need more calories from carbs, eat more meat or fats instead, such as avocados, also aweet potatoe is a healthy source of carbs