Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mr.Don

Burn Scars And Acne Scars

Hi there,

This may sound lunatic to you.

But do you think you could replace an acne scar with a burn scar ?

I had a third degree burn on my arm (4mm in diameter). It was a deep hole which was very obvious.

And now after about 4 months the scar is completely level with the surrounding skin. The color of the scar has improved alot as well. I'm curious how it will look like in a few months.

I also had a bad burn from the grill of a heater on a large area of my arm many years ago. And now it's pretty hard to tell where the scars are.

Of course I would not recommand this on large areas. But if you could replace a small acne scar (1-2mm) with a small burn scar, that would be great. I'm pretty sure it would be much more inconspicuous since it's usually not indented if there is no infection.

What do you think about this idea ?

Edited by Mr.Don

Isn't this what skin resurfacing, like TCA CROSS, does anyway?

No, not really. Resurfacing and TCA cross stimulate collagen production but usually do not burn you severe enough to form a scar.

You need at least a deep second degree burn to cause scarring. Lasers and TCA don't do that.

Edited by Mr.Don

Isn't this what skin resurfacing, like TCA CROSS, does anyway?

No, not really. Resurfacing and TCA cross stimulate collagen production but usually do not burn you severe enough to form a scar.

Don't compare your face to your arm, the skin is completely different. Even the way your forehead heals compared to your cheek is different. I speak from my experience, I had a birthmark cauterized about a year ago and the skin never came to the same level again, creating a hole in your face is NOT what you want...

Edited by DainBramaged

Yes, skin on the cheek is very different from the skin on the chin which is very different from the skin on the forehead, all because of different pore densities, being pushed up against bone, fat content, etc. If you have so much variability across just your face, imagine how different it is across the rest of your body.

A really good indicator of this should be that doctors believe it's okay to use 10% benzoyl peroxide on the body but most strongly discourage you from using it on the face (2.5% is what they usually recommend).

Edited by DRaGZ

Surely depends on the individual person. Some will form a flat scar whereas others will form indented or hypertrophic scars.

http://scarwars.net/...-cautery-brand/

Sure, but this scar was intentional. The wound was made in a specific way, by someone who knows, and it doesn't seem very deep to me.

By the way. there are procedures that change the shape of a scar to make it less noticeable, if you are interested, but that's usually for big scars...

Edited by DainBramaged