Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ChamilitaryMayne

Either Of These Causing Breakouts?

I'm trying to narrow down what could be causing my acne to flare up. My diet seem okay other than these two, I try to cut out all dairy (only drink Almond Milk)

I've been eating a lot of Skippy Natural Peanut Butter

Skippy.jpg

and currently use VPX Syngex Protein.

vpx-syngex-2225g-500x500.jpg2ahbayr.jpg

I'm sure it is probably both, but do you see any red flags? and are either okay in moderation? Any recommendations?

Apparently peanuts have lectins in them or something like that. Potentially could be a correlation but it could also just be over reaching BS. I agree with the other response, cut it out and see if it makes a difference for a period of time.

Peanuts are a very very very potent allergen that causes all sorts of allergic reactions in a lot of people. From what I've read it has to do with a certain type of mold that grows in/on penuts (that you can't see or taste, esp not when eating pb...) that most humans are sensitive too.

So if you're thinking along the lines of "acne=allergic reaction/intolerance" peanuts might be it. You could just sub for sunflower butter or tahini, they're kinda sorta similar in taste.

allergen warning: milk,soy,egg,wheat,tree nuts and peanuts

isnt that information enough to realize it makes you break out? besides, it makes your insulin spike, cut off the whey protein. Like you, i used to drink it after trainning, i was very happy with the muscle it builds, but as soon as i stoped drinking it, my acne got so much better. In fact, my acne started few months after drinking gainers.

isnt that information enough to realize it makes you break out? besides, it makes your insulin spike, cut off the whey protein. Like you, i used to drink it after trainning, i was very happy with the muscle it builds, but as soon as i stoped drinking it, my acne got so much better. In fact, my acne started few months after drinking gainers.

Yes, some people are allergic to these things but you can't just tell people to avoid every allergen out there, in fear of it causing acne. One, the stress of that would be ridiculous and cause acne in itself. Two, not everyone has the same food allergies and/or reaction to said allergens. What one should be more focused on is cutting out one thing at a time, to see if it makes a difference in their acne because some people have food allergies to garlic, pears, salmon, sweet potatos, etc. It's random.

Yes, some people are allergic to these things but you can't just tell people to avoid every allergen out there, in fear of it causing acne. One, the stress of that would be ridiculous and cause acne in itself. Two, not everyone has the same food allergies and/or reaction to said allergens. What one should be more focused on is cutting out one thing at a time, to see if it makes a difference in their acne because some people have food allergies to garlic, pears, salmon, sweet potatos, etc. It's random.

hey, my point wasnt show he could be allergic to any of these, actually it was to show what it contains. Dairy and wheat are highly related to acne, soy the same.

I've never had any problem with whey and there are certain anti-inflammatory compounds in whey that are much more concentrated than in regular milk, which makes it much less of a problem than regular dairy. It's still somewhat insulinogenic, but if you're consuming it by itself this shouldn't be too much of an issue. Peanuts are a common allergen and, like virtually all legumes, contain anti-nutrient compounds that make digestion of these foods difficult and detrimental to the body. Not to mention, peanuts are omega-6 factories. I'd find a whey brand that doesn't process crap on the same machines that they use to make their whey. Body Fortress is a pretty good brand and the only "bad" ingredient in it is soy lechitin which isn't really the same as straight up soy or soybean oil (both of which are problematic.) It's also inexpensive and good quality (if you can't mix your whey in straight up water and have it dissolve well, it's been processed badly and you should avoid it.) It really depends on the person. For me whey definitely does not contribute to breakouts in the least. For you it might.

Edited by chunkylard

I've tried lowering the amount of whey (used to do 4 scoops/day, now 2.5), and I've cut out the peanut butter. How long should I give it? 2 weeks to a month?

Damn winter, seems to have triggered it.

hey, my point wasnt show he could be allergic to any of these, actually it was to show what it contains. Dairy and wheat are highly related to acne, soy the same.

How is Wheat related to acne? Dairy, I understand because of the hormones. Soy, as well. But Wheat? In what way? I personally avoid gluten because it messes up my digestion. Wheat too because of the gluten factor and it's always given me acid reflux. Where do you get your facts from? Personal experience or hard research?

How is Wheat related to acne? Dairy, I understand because of the hormones. Soy, as well. But Wheat? In what way? I personally avoid gluten because it messes up my digestion. Wheat too because of the gluten factor and it's always given me acid reflux. Where do you get your facts from? Personal experience or hard research?

A simple google search will answer you question here.

Taken from one of those top sites:

A gluten allergy is an autoimmune condition in which your body reacts to a group of proteins that naturally occur in wheat, rye, and barley products. A diagnosed gluten allergy, called celiac disease, is believed to affect 1 in 133 people, the Gluten Intolerance Group states. Symptoms for a gluten allergy are varied, but sometimes the allergy appears as a skin rash, acne, and even a skin condition called dermatitis herpetiformis.

It's not the type of ingredients that causes you acne. It's the foods that contains hormones... Diary, chicken, grapefruits, soy all contain estrogen which causes hormone imbalances. Plastic bottles also contain estrogen.

Will I turn into a hot chick if I drink too much Poland Spring?

Estrogen =/= estrogenic compounds =/= chemicals that mimic estrogen. There's no actual estrogen in plastic bottles.

My skin was the worst when I was taking natural whey protein every morning. When I switched to hemp, rice and pea protein, it helped me a lot. Whey is basically milk, and dairy is proven linked with acne.

I was pretty clear and recently started eating peanut butter a lot. My skin got worse but since cutting it out it's gotten better. Like some people said, peanuts are common allergens.