Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pokerlady888

Chamomile Tea Bags On Face

Last night, I was feeling desperate and decided to try out my mom's idea of using chamomile tea bags on my face.

Here's a somewhat quick back story of my woes:

I have been diagnosed with acne rosacea. My skin confuses me though because I'm not sure if I've seen anyone with skin like mine. I have super tiny hundreds of bumps on my face some are clear and some are pink in certain areas. I've had a few areas mainly sides of temples and the front cheek area that have stayed a pink color while the rest of the skin in between (even in between red areas resulting in a splotchy look) are completely pale and normal skin color. The antibiotic Monodox seemed to help with my bumps but I had to stop taking it because I was developing breathing troubles. I tried metrogel for a few days but noticed my skin getting pinker so I stopped from fear. Clindamycin phosphate was also prescribed to me which I used in conjunction with the metrogel but decided to stop that as well because I wasn't sure if the metrogel or the lotion was causing pinker looking skin.

If I wash my face in the shower a bit too much, when I get out my skin stings and is red usually where new super tiny bumps are forming. It's almost as if too much water triggers the bumps or dries the skin, I don't know....But even just a little water causes stinging and some redness also.

When the derm put glycolic acid on my face, I noticed improvement in the bumps and a little with the pinkness after just the one application.

My skin hurts me often like stinging pinching kinds of feelings usually where I am forming new of these super miniscule bumps. I also have noticed some clogged pores with white stuff...not sure what that is but it looks odd and freaky to see up close on my skin. My skin also looks wrinkly and weathered and up until recently felt pretty rough in the areas where the pink color is.

Anyway, last night I decided to try chamomile tea bags. I used two. One for one side and the other for the other side. Then two hours later I noticed my skin looked way more pink and all over even in places that were pale before. I not look more red like a tomatoe. My skin stings a little bit right now sometimes but for the most part I don't feel like my skin is flushed so it's scaring me that the chamomile tea did this to me and that maybe it won't go down. Maybe it dilated some blood vessels? Or irritated the skin or dried the skin? I'm so confused and upset about it and think it may result in permanent damage...seeing as my skin is very sensitive these days. My skin feels a bit weird right now. Almost like it's chemically burned.

Also, are my symptoms common of rosacea? I am wondering if anyone is having these symptoms I have?

Edited by pokerlady888

Last night, I was feeling desperate and decided to try out my mom's idea of using chamomile tea bags on my face.

Here's a somewhat quick back story of my woes:

I have been diagnosed with acne rosacea. My skin confuses me though because I'm not sure if I've seen anyone with skin like mine. I have super tiny hundreds of bumps on my face some are clear and some are pink in certain areas. I've had a few areas mainly sides of temples and the front cheek area that have stayed a pink color while the rest of the skin in between (even in between red areas resulting in a splotchy look) are completely pale and normal skin color. The antibiotic Monodox seemed to help with my bumps but I had to stop taking it because I was developing breathing troubles. I tried metrogel for a few days but noticed my skin getting pinker so I stopped from fear. Clindamycin phosphate was also prescribed to me which I used in conjunction with the metrogel but decided to stop that as well because I wasn't sure if the metrogel or the lotion was causing pinker looking skin.

If I wash my face in the shower a bit too much, when I get out my skin stings and is red usually where new super tiny bumps are forming. It's almost as if too much water triggers the bumps or dries the skin, I don't know....But even just a little water causes stinging and some redness also.

When the derm put glycolic acid on my face, I noticed improvement in the bumps and a little with the pinkness after just the one application.

My skin hurts me often like stinging pinching kinds of feelings usually where I am forming new of these super miniscule bumps. I also have noticed some clogged pores with white stuff...not sure what that is but it looks odd and freaky to see up close on my skin. My skin also looks wrinkly and weathered and up until recently felt pretty rough in the areas where the pink color is.

Anyway, last night I decided to try chamomile tea bags. I used two. One for one side and the other for the other side. Then two hours later I noticed my skin looked way more pink and all over even in places that were pale before. I not look more red like a tomatoe. My skin stings a little bit right now sometimes but for the most part I don't feel like my skin is flushed so it's scaring me that the chamomile tea did this to me and that maybe it won't go down. Maybe it dilated some blood vessels? Or irritated the skin or dried the skin? I'm so confused and upset about it and think it may result in permanent damage...seeing as my skin is very sensitive these days. My skin feels a bit weird right now. Almost like it's chemically burned.

Also, are my symptoms common of rosacea? I am wondering if anyone is having these symptoms I have?

I have super sensitive skin and have never had problems with chamomile tea bags topically! I use them every night in fact. I've actually found it to help my rosacea.

Did you rub the teabags on your face or pat them? If you rubbed them I can see where irritation could have come from. I super gently pat them onto my skin while they're really wet.

No I really didn't rub cause I know that's bad. I just left the tea bags on spots on my face for like 10-15 minutes and then lifted and placed in another spot. The thing is, my skin hurts and stings a bit with even a little bit of water application as well so I don't know....is that normal with rosacea? Are these little hundreds of tiny bumps also a normal symptom of rosacea? They keep spreading across my face and forehead and seem to be going a little past my jawline now to my neck. Most are somewhat colorless and some are slightly pink. They are so tiny they can be seen in good lighting and there are so many of them it's shocking they practically cover my whole face.

No I really didn't rub cause I know that's bad. I just left the tea bags on spots on my face for like 10-15 minutes and then lifted and placed in another spot. The thing is, my skin hurts and stings a bit with even a little bit of water application as well so I don't know....is that normal with rosacea? Are these little hundreds of tiny bumps also a normal symptom of rosacea? They keep spreading across my face and forehead and seem to be going a little past my jawline now to my neck. Most are somewhat colorless and some are slightly pink. They are so tiny they can be seen in good lighting and there are so many of them it's shocking they practically cover my whole face.

Hmm! Perhaps leaving them on for so long did it. I just pat all over my face, only a few seconds in each spot. My rosacea wasn't quite as serious as yours, and has gone away in the year or so post accutane. Being on accutane actually made it worse. With my rosacea that amount of pain and tiny bumps didn't happen. I had stinging but mostly only with a lot of washing or harsh products, otherwise it was only mild.