Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TheTruthHurts

Are These Foods Ok To Eat?

Hi I'm wondering if these foods are bad to consume for acne:

Mushrooms?

White rice? (Sticky Rice)

Peppers? (not the spicy ones but the orange and red and green ones)

Almonds?

Whole Wheat? (100%)

Cheese? (Black Diamond)

Potatoes?

Ham?

Smoked Salmon?

These are the foods that I have a suspicion that may be causing my light acne. I know for a fact that diet is a primary source of acne and I want a change.

Cut out cheese and replace potatoes for sweet potatoes

In fact cut them all out because they're ALL potential problems, you just need to discover which ones you're intolerant to

Cheese = dairy product, makes a lot of people break out

Peppers (all sorts), potatoes = part of the Nightshade family of plants, makes a lot of people break out

Whole wheat = wheat (gluten, which is in most flours) makes a lot of people break out

Rice = grain, and grains make a lot of people break out

Almonds = a nut and high in fat. nuts are a common allergen which make a lot of people break out.

Ham = often highly processed and full of additives, which might cause allergic reactions like acne

I'm not sure about mushrooms, which type you mean or if you mean fresh or tinned. But if you're suspicious just cut them. I don't know of any specific allergens in salmon, but my own experience is that smoked foods are quite hard to digest, which might cause break-outs.

So just cut them out for a few weeks and see what happens!

cheese - as with any dairy, Very likely to cause breakouts

peppers - possible, but not likely

whole wheat - VERY likely

rice = somewhat likely - i seem to have some problems with white rice. Make sure to eat with fat to prevent insulin spike

almonds - quite likely. Lots of people have nut issues, including me.

ham - yeah, deli meats aren't the best, but a bit every once in a while probably isn't a big deal.

mushrooms - very unlikely to break out from them.

Mushrooms? no

White rice? (Sticky Rice) yes

Peppers? (not the spicy ones but the orange and red and green ones) no

Almonds? no

Whole Wheat? (100%) yes

Cheese? (Black Diamond) yes

Potatoes? yes

Ham? yes

Smoked Salmon? yes

Guest pokemonster

^ be careful of wheat grass though as it also may contain gluten and break u out! xD

If whole wheat can cause acne, what is an alternative to get fiber in my diet? Cause whole wheat bread is what i eat for my sandwich every lunch. Also, what kind of meet is preferred for a sandwich? I also use ham for my sandwiches.

Lastly, I heard Quaker Oatmeal is good? But also heard it contains gluten. is Quaker Oatmeal overall OK too consume?

If whole wheat can cause acne, what is an alternative to get fiber in my diet? Cause whole wheat bread is what i eat for my sandwich every lunch. Also, what kind of meet is preferred for a sandwich? I also use ham for my sandwiches.

Fiber is present in some quantity in the majority of plant-based foods. Vegetables and fruits are your best bets for fiber, and they're generally good for you. Quinoa, amaranth, millet, buckwheat are all gluten free grains with lots of fiber. Beans and legumes are high in fiber, as well as seeds like sunflower and pumpkin. If I were you I'd start looking up cooking blogs and books focused on a healthy, holistic lifestyle - you'll get awesome inspiration and recipes. ("crazy sexy life" is one site focused on healing foods)

There's gluten-free bread avaliable in most supermarkets, just ask the people who work there for the gluten free section. I'm no expert on meat but i'd suggest as pure and un-processed as possible. Maybe you could cook a bit more meat in the evening so you'd have some left over to put on your sandwich instead of buying some pre-sliced processed meat product? Or start experimenting with your lunch! Google is your best friend here, just type in "healthy gluten free lunch box" or something like that.

Mushrooms? No

White rice? (Sticky Rice) Brown is better, but rice in general is ok.

Peppers? (not the spicy ones but the orange and red and green ones) Generally fine

Almonds? Generally fine as long as you're controlling your omega-3 ratio. Soaking recommended.

Whole Wheat? (100%) Avoid it

Cheese? (Black Diamond) Avoid it

Potatoes? Avoid them. Sweet potatoes are better.

Ham? Depends on where the meat comes from.

Smoked Salmon? Depends on where the salmon comes from. Wild Alaskan is great. Farmed is not.

These are the foods that I have a suspicion that may be causing my light acne. I know for a fact that diet is a primary source of acne and I want a change.

Lastly, I heard Quaker Oatmeal is good? But also heard it contains gluten. is Quaker Oatmeal overall OK too consume?

not if you want to get rid of acne, if you don't mind some pimples on your face go ahead and eat oatmeal. It's not safe for acne-prone skin.

Mushrooms? Good

White rice? (Sticky Rice) Try brown rice (Has less sugar in it)

Peppers? (not the spicy ones but the orange and red and green ones) As long as its no hot chillies its good

Almonds? Bad (Nuts give break out because of omega 3 and omega 6 imbalance in the body

Whole Wheat? (100%) Bad (Gluten)

Cheese? (Black Diamond) Very bad (Dairy is number 1 cause of acne, avoid all dairy including yoghurt and butter people will tell you yoghurt is good for you, it can often get contaminated with other dairy product and hormones get into it, not to mention they always add a bit of sugar.

Potatoes? Good

Ham? Good (Meat is said to help acne, due to the levels of salt that regulate blood sugar level theres a post on this in acne.org

http://www.acne.org/...rs-blood-sugar/

Smoked Salmon? Good (Fish is VERY good for acne suffers I've never heard anyone break out from fish so go for it!)

Edited by ShieldofFaith

Wheat has insoluble fiber, as do most grains, which isn't good for your digestive track anyway. You don't really need fiber, but if you want some go for fruits, which contain soluble fiber.

^ be careful of wheat grass though as it also may contain gluten and break u out! xD

hahaha, liked

Mushrooms? you can eat this

White rice? (Sticky Rice). if you're gonna eat rice, try for whole grain brown rice or try to avoid as much carb as possible.

Peppers? (not the spicy ones but the orange and red and green ones)

as long as they're not spicy you should be good

Almonds? This and peanuts and legumes causes acne for many people.

Whole Wheat? (100%) yes

Cheese? (Black Diamond) avoid dairy products

Potatoes? try for yams or avoid completely or limit to small quantities

Ham? try to avoid

Smoked Salmon? make sure its organic and not contain preservatives