Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AKrisne

Had Oily Skin, Now Dry!

I used to have very oily and breakout prone skin. I tried a lot of things, including retin-A but never went the antibiotic route. A little while ago I decided to try the regimen from this website, I also realized that I may have had a zinc deficiency since I had those white spots on my nails, so I started taking zinc vitamins, 50 mgs per day, as well as 8mg of astaxanthin, which is supposed to the strongest antioxidant out there. I finally stopped breaking out, and I used mederma at night for scars, and it seems to really be working, my problem now is excessive dry skin! part of it feels like old skin is shedding, but the dryness is very annoying. I think it's from all the benzoyl peroxide i used to put on my face, and even though I cut way back on the amount I put on, I'm kind of afraid to stop altogether and start just moisturizing for fear of breaking out again! any one have any ideas about a good moisturizer I can use that doesn't break you out, or maybe some kind of mask I can make? Thanks!

i think i have the same problem, although my face has improved very much and is producing less oil.. its getting me dry idk why :s i think you should try cetaphil mosturizer?