Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
searay69

Persistint Cystic Acne , I Think :)

I have read through many of the posts here and could not find a solution or path forward so I thought I would post this.

I began to get bumps on my face about 5 years ago ( I am 40 now) and assumed it was acne so I went to the dermatologist. These bumps start out like mosquito bites which itch then ooze a clear liquid then scab. I have seen several dermatologist in my area. One says its definitely cystic acne and the other says it does not present like normal acne so I am challenging whether the diagnosis is correct.

Over the 5yr perioed , they started me out with all the topicals (BP, RetinA,etc) then we moved onto a round of Doryx, 2 rounds of Accutane, and now I am on Bactrim. The Accutane kept my skin clear while I was on it but 2 weeks after being off the acne came back. I have tried cleaning up the diet by removing wheat, alcohol, coffee, and artificial products but nothing has seemed to help. I recently saw a dietitian and she put me on a cleanse diet (Standard Process) for 21days in which I am in the middle of. My breakouts are worse than ever but she indicated this could happen.

Once I complete the cleanse diet and if my complexion does not clear I will need to continue the research. Someone suggessted I see Dr. Alan Shalita in Brooklyn, NY as he was deemed a "guru" in acne.

Also from some of the research I have done this appears to be an internal issue. No matter what I put on my face, how many times I wash it, or don't wash it, the acne still occurs. I have looked at also doing a liver cleanse which some have said cured their acne. I am willing to try anything at this point, well most anything smile.png

I would be interested in anyone's thoughts and suggestions/successes with what I have described.

thanks

Hi Searay -- wondering if you could give us an update on how this went for you. I'm considering trying the Standard Process cleanse, but don't want to shell out the $$ if it just made your acne worse....