Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jwitz

Regarding Large Papules...

I'm currently on erythromycin for the second time, and I have no idea how effective it will be this round. I keep getting large papules, some that I had in the past have come back also. Like the swelling will go down, but the red mark will still be there months afterwards. They usually end up rising again even months after they went the first time.

It's frustrating sad.png

Does anybody know how to deal with these monsters that take weeks to go away? I have about 3 on my face at the moment.

Also, any way to fade the scars?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by jwitz

Guest Timehealsall

I'm currently on erythromycin for the second time, and I have no idea how effective it will be this round. I keep getting large papules, some that I had in the past have come back also. Like the swelling will go down, but the red mark will still be there months afterwards. They usually end up rising again even months after they went the first time.

It's frustrating sad.png

Does anybody know how to deal with these monsters that take weeks to go away? I have about 3 on my face at the moment.

Thanks in advance.

do these papules ever become really flaky or dry?

It's frustrating sad.png

Thanks in advance.

No, they're almost shiny and usually they just stay raised for ages and are damn sore, and never come to head. I've tried squeezing them in the past, but that just extends the life of them even more. I've also tried dabbing BP 10% just on the spot, and not even that reduces it. I'm at a loss. :(

Guest Timehealsall

It's frustrating sad.png

Thanks in advance.

No, they're almost shiny and usually they just stay raised for ages and are damn sore, and never come to head. I've tried squeezing them in the past, but that just extends the life of them even more. I've also tried dabbing BP 10% just on the spot, and not even that reduces it. I'm at a loss. sad.png

any photos?

I have these too. They are shiny, never come to a head and stick around for ages. Even when they're painless and flat, they remain just as red as when they were at their peak. The area around it will be very red, too. It takes months for the redness to go away, but before that happens another will have popped up. I often get them around the same spot, too (on and around my cheekbones). Only antibiotics have been able to take care of them.

What seems to have worked, occasionally though, is taking ibuprofen regularly when they are still in the process of growing / pushing through. If you're lucky it reduces the inflammation. It's not a miracle cure, but it does seem to aid sometimes.