Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey guys, I wanted to what everyone uses to heal pimples that have been popped. First of all, I know you shouldn't pop pimples, it leaves scars and blah blah BLAH! but honestly when there's a giant pimple and it has a white head, I can't resist and it usually helps if i get all of the blockage out of the pore. I've used liquid vitamin e in the past, but it usually breaks me out worse and thus starting the vicious cycle over. hmmm feedback please and thank you. rolleyes.gif

I know exactly what you mean! Happens to me a lot...

I've tried Cortisone Ointment, Neosporin, etc

I found, though, the best thing is to leave it alone. The skin will heal itself. Wait until it's "dead" and the swelling goes down, and then you can put scar stuff on it. For now, I would cover it up with oil-free concealer.

Usually I use Neosporin or baking soda. Baking soda actually works wonders and it is usually just laying around in the kitchen cabinet. Give it a try :)

http://www.gnc.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4468905

I say it all the time, but this stuff works very well. It's Aloe Vera Gel by GNC. It only cost a few dollars and it'll last a very long time. Take a nice size glob on the end of a q-tip and gently dab it onto the popped/open sore. Don't rub it in, you want to have a gob of it on the skin. Sometimes it has a little sting, but most of the time it just feels cool. It'll help 'seal' the open sore and heal it very fast. This stuff will save you a ton of scarring. Good Luck!

I use Nixoderm. Kills anything on the surface. Also kills whatever is just a bit inside the wound. Best thing about it is that it since it stays in place, the microbial smackdown continues (unlike with a single serving of peroxide or alcohol or whatever). And if you have problems removing it, use tissue dabbed in a bit of alcohol. Wipes right off.

Healing is another matter. I speed that up by keeping my metabolism high daily.

tea tree gel from the body shop works best for me. After I pop(usually happens during shaving) I wash my face with bha wash(burts bees) wait 10 min. then put the tea tree gel on it. The inflamation goes down, it turns into a small scab, and washes away in the morning. taking a couple advil seems to help with the inflamation as well.

I used to use tea tree oil after it is popped. Anti bacterial and slightly dries the area which is cooling so reduces redness.

I used to use Tea Tree Gel, but discontinued as it leaves some kind of layer on the skin. It resembles a peeling dried patch of skin after 2+ days & is difficult to remove.