Notifications
Clear all

Apple Cider Vinegar

MemberMember
(@nuke-acne)

Posted : 12/08/2011 6:19 pm

Hi,

I want to try apple cider vinegar in the pill form for my acne. Has anyone tried ACV? Please share your experience.

Thanks

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 12/08/2011 6:26 pm

Is there a pill form?! The method I'm going to try is putting a spoonful in 3-4 glasses of water daily.

MemberMember
(@facevalues)

Posted : 12/08/2011 6:33 pm

There are tons of threads on this topic already, make use of that search bar.

MemberMember
(@omnivium)

Posted : 12/08/2011 10:51 pm

I actually ordered some ACV pills on tuesday. I didn't want to have to drink vinegar. I should get them within a few days, and then I will start posting my results.

There are tons of threads on this topic already, make use of that search bar.

MemberMember
(@facevalues)

Posted : 12/09/2011 2:59 am

You're right. Gelatin and apple cider vinegar would have a dramatically different affect than apple cider vinegar alone, my mistake.

MemberMember
(@ukulala)

Posted : 12/09/2011 10:45 am

So... as far as I can tell, ACV is about as close to a wonder tonic as there is on this earth. I swear, that liquid cures EVERYTHING.

-- Okay, perhaps I'm being a bit dramatic. But lawdy lawdy has it been a dream for me. Helped with candida issues *and* skin; I just drink it daily (around 2 tbsp every morning and night). Some people can't stand the taste, but I don't mind it so much. Mix it with some water and I'm good to go.

Others use it topically; I haven't done that yet, but if you're on the market, get Braggs. It's the best brand, organic, has the "mother," and isn't very pricey, either.

Long story short: Yes. Totally rad. Do it.

MemberMember
(@chamilitarymayne)
MemberMember
(@omnivium)

Posted : 12/10/2011 3:29 pm

<p>

</p>

<p>You're right. Gelatin and apple cider vinegar would have a dramatically different affect than apple cider vinegar alone, my mistake.</p>

<p>

MemberMember
(@nuke-acne)

Posted : 12/10/2011 4:01 pm

^^ Why are you taking 4 pills a day? Also, how do you calculate the grams per serving?

I started taking mine yesterday. 2 tablets daily of this http://www.gnc.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2133255

I will share my results too.

MemberMember
(@livelaughfart)

Posted : 12/10/2011 4:08 pm

Pills to me seem so artificial, they have to add other ingredients like xenthm gum and other stuff so the product sticks together and evaporates easily in your system...to me it would be a lot healthier to just add ACV to your water everyday...just so you know your not messing up the chemical components of your body. But thats just me, I dislike pills and think it's healthier to eat whole foods for the nutrients.

MemberMember
(@nuke-acne)

Posted : 12/10/2011 4:21 pm

^^ I know but it's just so much more convenient. I did try drinking ACV but it would take me forever to drink it because it taste so bad and you have to measure it mix it etc.

So I rather just pop those pills much easier for me.

MemberMember
(@omnivium)

Posted : 12/10/2011 5:00 pm

^^ Why are you taking 4 pills a day? Also, how do you calculate the grams per serving?

I started taking mine yesterday. 2 tablets daily of this http://www.gnc.com/p...oductId=2133255

I got the Swanson brand high potency ACV capsules. For suggested use it said: As a dietary supplement, take two capsules two to three times per day with water. So it says to take 4-6 per day. It says the amount per serving on the supplements facts label.

Pills to me seem so artificial, they have to add other ingredients like xenthm gum and other stuff so the product sticks together and evaporates easily in your system...to me it would be a lot healthier to just add ACV to your water everyday...just so you know your not messing up the chemical components of your body. But thats just me, I dislike pills and think it's healthier to eat whole foods for the nutrients.

I'm not sure how acidic ACV is, but depending on its acidity, it could destroy the enamel on your teeth, just like lemon juice. That is one reason to use capsules instead of the liquid. It is really convenient too.

MemberMember
(@nuke-acne)

Posted : 12/10/2011 5:24 pm

What's the difference between mine the gnc and your the swason? Does it matter which one we use? My suggested use is just 2 tablets daily.

MemberMember
(@omnivium)

Posted : 12/10/2011 5:58 pm

What's the difference between mine the gnc and your the swason? Does it matter which one we use? My suggested use is just 2 tablets daily.

Well mine costs $7.00 less, yours is in tablet form and mine is in capsule form, yours has 300mg per pill and mine has 625mg per pill, yours says to refrigerate after opening and mine doesn't, and yours has added ingredients and mine doesn't.

I would say that unless tablet form absorbs way better than capsule form, mine looks better. Mine is $6 for 180 625mg pills, and yours is $13 for 120 300mg pills.

I recommend buying everything online. Even after shipping and handling, most supplements still cost way less when you buy them online. One time I saw a milk thistle supplement at the store for $29, but online you could get it for $6. I don't work for Swanson, and I do not benefit at all if people buy from them, but their website sells a lot of supplements at really cheap prices.

MemberMember
(@livelaughfart)

Posted : 12/10/2011 9:14 pm

I started taking mine yesterday. 2 tablets daily of this http://www.gnc.com/p...oductId=2133255

I got the Swanson brand high potency ACV capsules. For suggested use it said: As a dietary supplement, take two capsules two to three times per day with water. So it says to take 4-6 per day. It says the amount per serving on the supplements facts label.

I'm not sure how acidic ACV is, but depending on its acidity, it could destroy the enamel on your teeth, just like lemon juice. That is one reason to use capsules instead of the liquid. It is really convenient too.

Just drink it through a straw then, and I always have ACV on my table, it takes like 2 seconds to dump some in my water.

^^ I know but it's just so much more convenient. I did try drinking ACV but it would take me forever to drink it because it taste so bad and you have to measure it mix it etc.

So I rather just pop those pills much easier for me.

You don't need to measure it, just dump a tiny bit in your glass of water..you will get used to the taste but if you don't like it just dilute it to where you cannot taste it, or put it in a vegetable smoothie or a v8.

MemberMember
(@omnivium)

Posted : 12/10/2011 9:30 pm

Unless the straw goes down your throat, some of the ACV will touch your teeth. Since you dilute it in water, you are protecting your teeth, at least somewhat. And while putting it in water can be convenient, a pill would be more convenient. With a pill, you just have to swallow it once. You don't have to sit there drinking diluted vinegar for a few minutes.

I just started taking the ACV pills today, and for some reason they still smell and taste like vinegar, even though the ACV is inside the capsule. It tastes bad, but I can get over it. It is not nearly as disgusting as olive oil.

MemberMember
(@omnivium)

Posted : 12/11/2011 2:17 pm

After one day of using 4 625mg pills per day, I started getting heartburn. So I will use just 2 pills per day, and I will drink plenty of water with the pills.

Has anyone else experienced heartburn?

Is there a pill form?! The method I'm going to try is putting a spoonful in 3-4 glasses of water daily.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 12/11/2011 2:27 pm

After one day of using 4 625mg pills per day, I started getting heartburn. So I will use just 2 pills per day, and I will drink plenty of water with the pills.

Are you using ACV yet? Do you have any results?

Not yet, I'll post updated here :)

MemberMember
(@nuke-acne)

Posted : 12/11/2011 5:21 pm

No heartburn for me, hope taking a smaller dose will works out for you. After taking 2 days of the ACV i broke out with 2 or 3 pimples. I think it's because I had dairy last night.... Also, just to let you guys know I'm on DKR as well. Will update again soon.

MemberMember
(@jess1228)

Posted : 12/11/2011 6:04 pm

I started taking two to three tablespoons a day of ACV about three weeks ago. I dillute it with water and drink it throughout the day.

So far, so good! My skin is looking a lot better. Not perfect, but it has a better tone and the size/severity of my breakouts has lessened greatly. I highly recommend trying it. :)

MemberMember
(@chamilitarymayne)

Posted : 12/12/2011 2:36 pm

I started taking two to three tablespoons a day of ACV about three weeks ago. I dillute it with water and drink it throughout the day.

So far, so good! My skin is looking a lot better. Not perfect, but it has a better tone and the size/severity of my breakouts has lessened greatly. I highly recommend trying it. smile.png

How long before you started to see results? I found this in the kitchen, Great Value brand.

10450999.jpg

MemberMember
(@omnivium)

Posted : 12/12/2011 8:20 pm

So far, so good! My skin is looking a lot better. Not perfect, but it has a better tone and the size/severity of my breakouts has lessened greatly. I highly recommend trying it. smile.png

What about the number of breakouts? Have you had any other good or bad effects from the ACV?

MemberMember
(@ukulala)

Posted : 12/13/2011 11:45 am

Okay - I'm posting *again*, but I just can't emphasize enough how much I love ACV.

I had absolutely no bad side effects from it. In fact, I had good ones I wasn't expecting - like lowering candida! You can use it to help with dandruff or an itchy scalp, too ... it's as close to a miracle tonic as I think there is.

I wouldn't suggest using a generic brand, but that's just me. I'd go with Braggs or another sort you can get at health foods stores. I've read that you get the best benefits from unpasteurized ACV WITH THE MOTHER (Braggs is), but this could be wrong. Still, doesn't hurt to go that route -- it's definitely better for you.

I saw results within a week. And it only gets better.

Currently, I drink two T in the morning and two at night; I also use it topically. I guess I'm lucky, as I don't so much mind the taste (I actually kind of enjoy it ... I'm part of a very small percentage with that, I know), but if you DO mind it, dilute it with water or green tea. Green tea helps a lot - cuts the taste - AND is good for you. :)

Try and force it down. You'll get used to it, and it's worth it.

MemberMember
(@chamilitarymayne)

Posted : 12/13/2011 10:05 pm

The one I found (and have been taking) in the house is Great Value and doesn't have 'the mother' in it.

Is Braggs available (or another brand with 'the mother' at a local grocery store or Wal-Mart/K-Mart?

MemberMember
(@omnivium)

Posted : 12/15/2011 8:37 pm

Day 6:

I increased my dosage to 1 pill 3 times per day. 2 pills 2 times per day gave me heartburn, and 1 pill 2 times per day didn't give me any heartburn, so I should be able to tolerate 1 pill 3 times per day.

My acne seems a little worse at this point. The ACV definitely has not started working yet. I am also getting strange side effects like being thirsty all the time and having very light brown stools. It doesn't seem like ACV is going to help, but I will keep using it for now.