Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lynn1511

Dry Skin, Dead Skin Flakiness Help?!

i have been on the regimen for 6 weeks, and its working good. i have one major concern which is the my skin tone. in the beginning, my skin was clearing up fine, but now, its super flaky and i have ashy skin tone due to build up of dead skin. i have been using AHA every night for 5 days now, and i havent seen any major improvement. how long does it take for AHA to take effect?

Another concern is my flakiness. I have moisturized and it is still super flaky, even if i use AHA at night, ill still wake up with flakes on my face. This combined with the harsh winter weather and constant heated room makes my skin super dry and unsightly. This is also my first winter as I have always lived in a tropical country. Im using cetaphil and have tried jojoba oil in the past but it cloggd my pores. any advice on how to get rid of the flakiness? oh, and im using paula's choice 8% aha. is dan's AHA better and more moisturizing?

Thank you for any replies i get!

i just got the clarisonic mia and it exfoliates my skin very well and makes it super smooth. it also helps to clear my breakouts super fast. its not cheap though because i paid $119 plus tax for it but it really works. my skin is no longer dry or flaky and my pores look a lot smaller as well. if you are looking to buy one let me know becuase they sent me a $25 off coupon code to my email.

The aha should be working if not overnight in a day or so. It is very potent, so it does the job. It may not be clearing up any breakouts because of other things you are putting on your skin that isn't allowing it to clear up. I was using AHA and had no results and thought it was the aha, when it was actually the moisturizer (dans) breaking my skin out.

Exfoliate for flakiness. Only exfoliate once a day, and after you do apply a moisturizer that works for your skin. Cetaphil is really great for your face and pretty cheap. Also if you do not have a clarasonic try loreals 360 orange beady exfoliator. It works great for me!

Good luck :)

ehhhhh i had a bad experience with exfoliating. i was around 2 months i think, and i used a peeling gel on my chin and then did my usual BP and moisturizer and the BP gave me a chemical burn. it was pretty bad lol, it turned my skin all dark and even more flakey and dry, so it looked like i had a goatee since it was only on my chin. i have no idea how the other posters got it to work for them ^^^ haha. anyways, i was having dry skin but hadnt had any pimples for a while so i took a few days off from the regimen(kinda risky), and now i only use a little bit on my cheeks (where like 98% of my acne is) and its been working just fine. ^and yeah, cetaphils great!