Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ImNewHere

Different Kind Of Scarring?

Hello acne.org! I've been using this site for years, even though I've never created a name on here, I thank you all for providing great information to combat this skin problem.

My acne is pretty much (i think at least) gone from changing my diet and removing sugar, dairy and gluten products and by exercising. The only thing left are these scars on my forehead and chin that resemble pimples a lot. The thing is they aren't raised and if you feel my forehead or chin you'd think I have smooth skin until you see them. I've been getting professionally done chemical peels and that hasn't helped. When I was younger I even decided to scrub them until they scabbed and they still stood strong. Even though they look like pimples there's nothing inside of them so it's like permanent which is annoying considering the rest of my face is good!

I read a long time ago that someone that overused proactive had the same thing, I don't know if that's the cause of mine but I did use a lot of proactive when I was younger hoping it was the miracle it claimed to be. Is there any type of professional treatment I should look into because most of the times these treatments are for icepick scars and such which I don't have. And these scars have been with me for 5+ years. If they are indeed not scars, can you let me know what they are? Thanks!

Edit: Also, they can really only be seen when real close and in light. I can take the same picture from a distance and you'd think my skin was perfect. This sucks because I feel like I have to distance myself in conversations to hide them.

post-163723-0-81904000-1323376318_thumb.

post-163723-0-92824500-1323376322_thumb.

post-163723-0-81904000-1323376318_thumb.

post-163723-0-92824500-1323376322_thumb.

the thing is I don't think it's active acne but instead it's scarring. I may be wrong but I've never been told by any dermatologist what is was. this "acne" has been at the same place for years and im usually used to acne being cleared up by eating right and treating my face right. the acne everywhere else has subsided so im thinking it may be effects of scarring. i dont understand how to handle it and it sucks.

Maybe you just have naturally bumpy skin texture? I'm really not sure, and if multiple dermatologists aren't sure either, it must be an idiosyncratic condition/symptom. Sorry.

Also, they might just be lots of really small hypertrophic scars. Again, though, not sure, don't take my word for it.