Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
StaryNight

I'm So Done With Acne. And For Good This Time!

I've had acne since I was 13 but the real acne started when I was 19 now I'm so fed up with it I'm in early 20s, it ruined my life, ruined my confidence. I just blew my chance with a girl that I really liked for once. She was the one and I didn't have the guts to talk to her because of the freaking nuts in the cereal 2 days before that. For awhile I was totally clear while I was on ACV drinking it internally but I stopped because I was losing too much weight already that I have a high metabolism. Then I stopped dairy and sugar and I was clear until I just figured out I'm allergic to nuts too which gave me 4 small zits. Already that I have one noticeable scar, the others you can't see unless you come really really close. But now I'm so fed SO FED UP!!!!!! Angry and sad at myself. I've decided to stop all the food related acne. ALL OF THEM!

Chocolate, Nuts, Dairy (even Cheese, Butter, Yoghurt), Eggs, Gluten, Sugar you name it!! Whatever it takes. I'm so done, done, done, done!! I want a normal life and this time its all or nothing!!!!!!!! Whos with me!

Edited by ShieldofFaith

a normal life but you can't eat Chocolate, Nuts, Dairy (even Cheese, Butter, Yoghurt), Eggs, Gluten, Sugar? good luck..

CHARGE!!!!!!

/stops and looks back

Umm...my Cheeseburger is waiting for me with that large Milk Shake.

LOL....

On a more serious note, it is tough to deal with things like this from time to time, but in the end things get better. Good Luck with the...umm, diet?

Take a full food allergy/intolerance test.

www.yorktest.com

See where you go from there. In the meantime topical products can lessen the acne you already have.

" Removal of soy, wheat, gluten, dairy, grains, and (most) oils/sugary foods has not only been the most effective method of treating my persistent 7 year moderate acne, it has also been an enriching, life-changing experience. I keep a neglected blog and update my photo gallery every couple of months if you're looking for inspiration to do the same. :)

Just came off yasmin birth control, now taking probiotics as well as a couple other supplements. "

Thank you for your valuable input even though it was in your signature.

" Removal of soy, wheat, gluten, dairy, grains, and (most) oils/sugary foods has not only been the most effective method of treating my persistent 7 year moderate acne, it has also been an enriching, life-changing experience. I keep a neglected blog and update my photo gallery every couple of months if you're looking for inspiration to do the same. smile.png

Just came off yasmin birth control, now taking probiotics as well as a couple other supplements. "

Thank you for your valuable input even though it was in your signature.

np, np.

you should consider going to a naturopath and getting an E95 food allergies blood test. It tests for 95 commonly eaten foods and will tell you if you are allergic. I am currently getting it done and should be getting the results any day now. I too cut out most of the foods from my diet.. but still no improvement. so this test will pinpoint the foods im reacting too.. because you can have an allergic response to foods that are considered healthy and acne friendly.. apples, broccoli, onion.. you name it!

hope you get clear soon :)

a normal life but you can't eat Chocolate, Nuts, Dairy (even Cheese, Butter, Yoghurt), Eggs, Gluten, Sugar? good luck..

How do you define normal? By eating shit constantly?

Ever seen 2 Girls 1 Cup? Not normal, in my humble opinion.

Shieldoffaith, you need to restore and heal your body back to homeostasis. Only then can you ingest those bad foods once in a while and not break out. Not regularly. Not everyday.

Edited by chunkylard

If a "normal" life means eating crap all day, being sick (in whatever way, acne or something else) all the time and bitching about it like half the world, then I'll take my "abnormal" life any day. :)

your forgetting about starchy vegetables, and beans and legumes...theres alot of things that cause acne :/

The only things unhealthy im eating right now is hot vegetable/tomatoe soup, raisins, and scrambled eggs...it's impossible for me to give up soup and eggs :/ they are just sooooo comforting.

So far i have gotten rid of my addiction to cheese, yogurt, dairy, bread, pasta, junk food, wheat, soy, grains, legumes, beans, starchy vegetables, and i only drink water.

It takes time to get rid of your cravings for certain food. Because if you don't feel satisfied with what you are eating, it can lead to depression and make you just NEED to eat crappy food to improve your mood.

Shieldoffaith, you need to restore and heal your body back to homeostasis. Only then can you ingest those bad foods once in a while and not break out. Not regularly. Not everyday.

I believe by normal, he means a normal american's diet, which in many instances means over weight and dont care or think about what they eat, its true I was like this and still kind of am, even though I am clear.

I believe by normal, he means a normal american's diet, which in many instances means over weight and dont care or think about what they eat, its true I was like this and still kind of am, even though I am clear.

I don't necessarily think that by normal he meant eating pizza and tacos and cheeseburgers every single day. For me, I don't think I eat a "normal" diet just because the majority of people around me do not assimilate to my specific dietary needs. For me, it's normal not to eat Mcdonald's or eat ice cream for breakfast but it doesn't mean I wouldn't like to be able to without having to worry about acne.

I don't necessarily think that by normal he meant eating pizza and tacos and cheeseburgers every single day. For me, I don't think I eat a "normal" diet just because the majority of people around me do not assimilate to my specific dietary needs. For me, it's normal not to eat Mcdonald's or eat ice cream for breakfast but it doesn't mean I wouldn't like to be able to without having to worry about acne.

Correct, we cant answer this for him, thats why i said I believe, lol. For me a normal diet just means eating pretty much whatever you want and not thinking about it, even though i eat much more healthy than that, its just what i use to do and what most people around me do.

Correct, we cant answer this for him, thats why i said I believe, lol. For me a normal diet just means eating pretty much whatever you want and not thinking about it, even though i eat much more healthy than that, its just what i use to do and what most people around me do.

Yeah, agreed. I mean, it would be nice to be able to go out and have a slice of pizza or something without worrying about my acne flaring up. But hey.

I'm sorry for the confusion, by normal I didn't mean diet wise I meant in terms of looking normal, and not diseased with acne. What I was saying is that I was ready to sacrifice most food groups if I have to, to have clear skin. By the way since I first posted in here my skin has been getting slightly better the culprit was definitely the nuts in the cereal. Never buying any food with nuts in it ever again, also I take this opportunity to say thanks for your input guys!

Edited by ShieldofFaith

Yeah, "normal" as in the way most people feel about eating--without worry. Would be nice, wouldn't it?

At the same time we are lucky. I now know more about diet and health and taking care of the body than I ever could have imagined. Because I was forced into learning. It was do or die, for me.

the question should be what does someone like you, who eats like a fuckin rabbit, define a normal diet

Nonsense, all of you. Give me my sugary foods. I want to be normal and have type 2 diabetes like the rest of my family.

But seriously, if we're talking normal in the sense of statistically normal, most people don't get that many fruits and veggies in. It's the culture though, we're about quick and easy foods (processed and refined carbs), and a too fast culture. I still have a burger or pizza every now and then, but it's for enjoyment. The lifestyle relates diseases in America especially are pretty bad. Normal for me means healthy real foods 90% of the time. It took some adjustment, but it's no more difficult now for me to eat healthy than it was to eat unhealthy before.