Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I am 6 weeks on the regimen and i am pretty clear, i just have red marks and flakey skin now. I want to use the aha+ but i'm not sure how i should introduce it.

Should i test it on an area first to see? I cant test it on my neck because i don't use any products there.

Can i moisturize after or should the aha be enough?

How much should i use for first time, a thin fingers length? a half finger??

If i test it on my cheek area do i just moisturize everywhere else and avoid that area?

How often should i use it starting off? If i test it tonight should i use it all over 2moro?

Answers to these questions would be appreciated thanks.

AHA+ is a great product and it's a little sad that Dan hasn't put a whole page up about it. I can tell you what I have personally done for me and maybe it'll give you some ideas.

I started using it very slow. I used a very thin line on one finger and applied it to my whole face at night. If you are on the more conscience side then you might want to try a small area on the lower part of your jaw line (moisturize your face and just add the AHA+ to the lower part of the jaw for a few weeks to teat it out). Personally, it would have a stinging feel to it, but nothing that made me want to wash it off.

AHA+ is a step that is to replace the moisturizer at night. What I do now, after using it for awhile, is cleanse. Add my BP (2 pumps), then I'll add 3 thin finger lengths of the AHA+. So it's on my index, middle and ring finger.

Starting out you want to start slow, test how it'll react to your skin. Try using it about twice a week at night to see how well it does (after your initial testing period). Then you can bump it up. I currently like to use it every night. I also apply it to my shoulders/back to keep things happy.

I think that I covered all your questions? If not then let me know and I'll try my best to help out. Good Luck!

AHA+ is a great product and it's a little sad that Dan hasn't put a whole page up about it. I can tell you what I have personally done for me and maybe it'll give you some ideas.

I started using it very slow. I used a very thin line on one finger and applied it to my whole face at night. If you are on the more conscience side then you might want to try a small area on the lower part of your jaw line (moisturize your face and just add the AHA+ to the lower part of the jaw for a few weeks to teat it out). Personally, it would have a stinging feel to it, but nothing that made me want to wash it off.

AHA+ is a step that is to replace the moisturizer at night. What I do now, after using it for awhile, is cleanse. Add my BP (2 pumps), then I'll add 3 thin finger lengths of the AHA+. So it's on my index, middle and ring finger.

Starting out you want to start slow, test how it'll react to your skin. Try using it about twice a week at night to see how well it does (after your initial testing period). Then you can bump it up. I currently like to use it every night. I also apply it to my shoulders/back to keep things happy.

I think that I covered all your questions? If not then let me know and I'll try my best to help out. Good Luck!

Thanks for the info. Also is the BP runnier in the bottles than the tubes? I just finished my first tube and just used my bottle of BP for the first time. It seems very watery compare to the tube.

I love the bottles ( I like getting the exact amount out every time). Did you just get your bottle? If you just ordered it the BP may be super fresh/new, which often makes it runnier. In a week or two I bet it will be the more normal consistency that you are used to. Remember, every batch of BP is a little different, because some are SUPER fresh and some are not (it won't affect the efficacy either way).

For the AHA I'd start off by just using it as a 'spot treatment'. So apply a dot of the AHA and gently rub it over any problem areas. Then I would gradually begin to use it all over your face as a moisturizer and exfoliant at night before you go to bed. I've been using it for 2 weeks now and I'm almost up to using it all over my face. If you use too much too soon it can really irritate the skin.

For the AHA I'd start off by just using it as a 'spot treatment'. So apply a dot of the AHA and gently rub it over any problem areas. Then I would gradually begin to use it all over your face as a moisturizer and exfoliant at night before you go to bed. I've been using it for 2 weeks now and I'm almost up to using it all over my face. If you use too much too soon it can really irritate the skin.

I have no active spots at the moment cos the regimen is working so well but i still get flaky and i thought the AHA would get rid of the dead skin. I will try it on parts of my face anyway and then ramp it up.

Edited by markronan